7DTD: FG Dedi Server - Darkness Falls

tronic44

28 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

We've hardly touched the map, there's plenty of space to explore and build. If we get people coming on and need one, then yeah I can see it. Not right now though. Maybe wait for the next patch?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If we can get a load of new people ready to play, then we can start again and save the old world like Crispy suggested. We'd still be able to load back the old server, it just means that we're all in the same boat and maybe make some videos from Day 1. It also means that the new guys won't be chucked into the deep end at day 100+ or what ever we were on :lol:

When Alpha 17 drops, we'll definitely need to start again but i think it might be quite nice to start again as we've already got everything possible.

If we can get a load of new people ready to play, then we can start again and save the old world like Crispy suggested. We'd still be able to load back the old server, it just means that we're all in the same boat and maybe make some videos from Day 1. It also means that the new guys won't be chucked into the deep end at day 100+ or what ever we were on [emoji38]

When Alpha 17 drops, we'll definitely need to start again but i think it might be quite nice to start again as we've already got everything possible.
When the 'new people' come on board we can have a chat about who gets the task to find the auger parts 🤣

Lee will be a newbie once his PC is ready. He's already suggested we look at adding 7 D2D events to the FG calendar.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

When the 'new people' come on board we can have a chat about who gets the task to find the auger parts 🤣

Lee will be a newbie once his PC is ready. He's already suggested we look at adding 7 D2D events to the FG calendar.

I love the idea of a group of us going on travels and exploring! 

Jeez i love this game!

I love the idea of a group of us going on travels and exploring! 

Jeez i love this game!
I went for a ride while streaming it today, found loads of coal in the West of the map. Then did a tour of the base, with a feature on Crispy's bedroom/pad.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I went for a ride while streaming it today, found loads of coal in the West of the map. Then did a tour of the base, with a feature on Crispy's bedroom/pad.

Don’t forget to download the video from twitch and stick it on YouTube! Maybe cut the tour out and make a video just for that?

10 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

The server was terminated for some reason, not sure why. They gave me a new one once I messaged them, was pretty quick in all fairness, great customer service. 

If anyone needs the new details just let me know.

Thanks for letting us know Rich. Does that mean they wiped our old game world completely? If so, how will they ensure it doesn't happen again?

I think Phil mentioned about waiting for the Alpha drop, which I agree with, before we start a new world.

11 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks for letting us know Rich. Does that mean they wiped our old game world completely? If so, how will they ensure it doesn't happen again?

I think Phil mentioned about waiting for the Alpha drop, which I agree with, before we start a new world.

The old world has been loaded back into the server.....or at least the last backup is. We may have lost a sessions worth, which may mean you might have to start again Lee. 

Will set up auto backups once they’ve sorted it for 7DTD.

18 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Strange that they terminated the server but glad it is back.  I did enjoy the other night, starting fresh is always more of a survival task than when there is a proper base everything set up.  Roll on alpha 17 for all the updates too.

It’s very strange, still haven’t heard back from them as to why it was terminated.

Defintiely roll on Alpha 17, can’t wait!

20 hours ago, Shucker said:

Do you have set days/times when you group? 

No we normally just randomly decide a few hours before. I might try and get on tonight but I should really make some videos instead.

SERVER UPDATE:

So after some mega issues with maps not rendering properly and not being able to get into worlds, the server has finally settled down and is fully functional.

The server has also been backed up.

If anyone has any issues, then please let me know and i'll try and fix asap.

Thought people might find these interesting/funny, these were the rendering issues. You can just about see the houses on the pillars.

https://imgur.com/Ph5Dbkb.jpg

https://imgur.com/1x7k2Qn.jpg

https://imgur.com/BfIho4S.jpg

When we update our server to Alpha, can we do something with Cactus and Mines please? More specifically not put them in the way of my walkathon?

With Alphas 17s experimental release due tomorrow, this seems like the perfect time for me to dust the cobwebs off the FG server and get it running again.

I think we should pick an evening this week where we can all jump on and try it out together.

If you would like to join in the fun, please post in this thread and I shall PM you the details.

Happy surviving all!