News Ticker
  • Welcome to FG
tronic44

7 Days to Die: FG Dedicated Server !SIGN UP NOW!

After a good few hours, I thought I'd share some thoughts on the game.  They've added loads of cool new stuff, houses etc which is great.  The FPS is lousy, and the textures are an embarrassment.  So a little bit miffed about that.  Still fun times to be had once the difficulty was turned down from eleventy million.  Did the usual base thing got some stuff gathered together.  The new skills system feels a bit obstructive at times, but once we get up there I suppose it won't matter.

The biggest problem for me, and it's borderline game breaking, is the zombies.  Clearing out buildings is a pain in the arse.  Zombies spawn from nowhere, meaning you are constantly fighting (and dying) to get a few scraps of stuff.  The hit box is mental, you can be feet away and still get caught.  Horde night......  The destruction capacity of horde night means buildings get leveled.  It almost seems a waste of time to try and build a base, it'll just get trashed.  The shift in focus from a building game to a hide on a rooftop so your building doesn't get touched seems a step in the wrong direction.  Still fun but I enjoyed the previous version more I'm afraid.

Also birds are assholes.

After a good few hours, I thought I'd share some thoughts on the game.  They've added loads of cool new stuff, houses etc which is great.  The FPS is lousy, and the textures are an embarrassment.  So a little bit miffed about that.  Still fun times to be had once the difficulty was turned down from eleventy million.  Did the usual base thing got some stuff gathered together.  The new skills system feels a bit obstructive at times, but once we get up there I suppose it won't matter.

The biggest problem for me, and it's borderline game breaking, is the zombies.  Clearing out buildings is a pain in the arse.  Zombies spawn from nowhere, meaning you are constantly fighting (and dying) to get a few scraps of stuff.  The hit box is mental, you can be feet away and still get caught.  Horde night......  The destruction capacity of horde night means buildings get leveled.  It almost seems a waste of time to try and build a base, it'll just get trashed.  The shift in focus from a building game to a hide on a rooftop so your building doesn't get touched seems a step in the wrong direction.  Still fun but I enjoyed the previous version more I'm afraid.

Also birds are assholes.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

Until I realised I'll be playing 10 Minutes To Die when I'm on.

I couldn't find any birds. I was trying to make arrow for my bow.

Via the FG App

Birds nests. Watch for them in the grass as they contain feathers and eggs.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The weekender in Bury half killed me but I'll be back on 7 Days tonight.

The amount of zombies and difficulty is entirely in our control, so this can be modified if needed. I like the challenge personally but I'll go with the flow...

The game looks great compared to the previous versions, but then I am running it on Ultra

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I turned the amount of zombies down because it’s pointless at the moment. You literally can’t do anything without dying as arrows do fuck all.

I know it’s meant to be a survival game but they’ve sucked a lot of the fun out of it in my eyes. I shouldn’t be able to get to a roof and get swarmed by 6 birds and die after two hits. They have to make it possible to survive and it’s just not at the moment.

Hopefully they’ll change a lot of

stuff with the next patch.

On that note, I’m close to being able to build a forge. One more level and it’s unlocked!

Zombie activity is dictated by a 'heat' map.  Certain activities add to the heat of a particular area.  Forges and other higher level stuff really get the zombies going.  Especially the screamers.  Screamers attract other zombies (and screamers) if they see you.  If the new screamer screams........ basically you get a LOT of zombies.  And at current kill rate, we'll do nothing but shoot arrows all day and night.

Server is currently undergoing maintenance and has a new address.

We'll update when it's back up and running.

I'll PM folks separately with the new details.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy