7DTD: FG Dedi Server - Darkness Falls

tronic44

Zombie activity is dictated by a 'heat' map.  Certain activities add to the heat of a particular area.  Forges and other higher level stuff really get the zombies going.  Especially the screamers.  Screamers attract other zombies (and screamers) if they see you.  If the new screamer screams........ basically you get a LOT of zombies.  And at current kill rate, we'll do nothing but shoot arrows all day and night.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

• tronic44 pinned and featured this topic

I started playing this again the other day with a mate and they really seem to have fixed a lot of the issues, as well as adding a load more POI, items and many other things. The game also runs a lot nicer and although you occasionally do die but that's more down to silly mistakes then it being impossible to survive.

I was think of bringing back a dedicated server for this, if enough people are interested in it. So who's in?

4 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Game is so much better on PC, it's badly optimised yes, but I can jump on ladders, and that's all that matters.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It miles ahead on PC, can't wait to start building some vehicles and building a big ass base!

I jumped on it the whole of Thursday night and I must say it definitely puts the PS4 version to shame - still, I would expect some basic PCs to handle this which may help others that usually are designed to just the PS4 days.

The zombies seem to attack more and quicker than I expected. I need to level up more and get more XP so any support on knowing how to get that would be ace.

The quests addition, whenever they added them, it's a winner in my book. For someone that struggles on what should I do with my time when I log on, Quests can help get you going ASAP so you can feel like you have accomplished something.

Have we got some ideas on what to create on this server?

There’s so much stuff to build @GazzaGarratt I’d go looting and try and find as many books to read as you can. Try and remember the ones you've read, so you can save them for others.

Yesterday’s Session:

Found our yesterday that you can build

bicycles without needing to learn stuff, made Phil and myself one each. We then decided to go on a hunt which turned into a scavenge and now my bag is half

way up a giant building with a load of zombies around it. 

Top tip: Once you have a bike, my sure it’s in your tool belt just in case you die. Also you bicycle has 8 extra slots for carrying stuff.

To Do:

- We need to find a big ass city to set

up by, so we can loot and build.

- Collect resources

- Get my bag and bicycle back

- Fortify where we are now for the next horde night. 
- Loot the hospital in the town next to us.

Info:

I’ve currently got blood moon count set to 10 per person, let me know if you want that or anything else changed.

I popped on this morning and went and picked up my bag and bike. @phil bottle I also grabbed the meat from the fire and put it in the base.

Notes:

- If you die twice, your previous bag will remain in the world but won’t be marked.

- My bike spawned back in the world but as it was on the ground floor of a building, it spawned back in on the roof. So if you think it’s missing, check floors above you.

- You must empty your bike before picking it up

- Steroids allow you to carry the maximum amount for 5mins (I think it’s 5mins, it may be more)

- Birds are insanely fast, so watch out.

- Big buildings will probably have to be done with two or more people, as the amount of zombies is ridiculous.

- Cooking meat uses 5 bits of meat each time, so we need to hunt regularly. This is a massive change from the last Alpha but it was way to easy to keep stocked up on food last time.

- The hungrier you are, the lower you max stamina will be. Keep well fed.

- Once you reach level 6, temperature starts to effect you massively. Be prepared for this!

Tips:

- Honey cures 5% of an infection, so take some honey if your infection is 5% or below.

- Always carry bandages, water, painkillers and a bit of food.

- Keep bandages in your tool bar, so they can used quickly in an emergency.

Another tip for everyone.

If you find a block of iron, check the ground around it. There's normally quite a bit under the rock.

RawIron7Days.jpg

Jumped on yesterday and went hunting, found a few wolves, sheep and deer so we now have plenty of food...for now. When going hunting, make sure you have a hunting knife with you, i got an extra 6 or 7 meat from using a hunting knife. I ended up travelling east until i met the radiation zone (not that far away), watch out for the radiation zone and it's not obvious. I'm hoping that you can build hazmat suits and go through it. It's looks like we're surrounded by snow and burnt zone, which isn't great. So we may look to move a lot futher away, to build a base from scratch.

I can already tell that this game is going to be a proper grind, i think i've touched on about 3% of the game so far.

Below are some screenshots of food, the bicycle you can build and the house on the hill that we should go check out at some point

7DaysBicycle.jpg

7DaysFood.jpg

7DaysHouseOnHillCrop.jpg