Forever Gaming BF4 server?

Diddums

I'm probably going to rent a BF4 server for the PC. It'll be funded 100% by myself, but for this reason it'll probably only be 20 slots at first. If I get enough interest from other players who are willing to chip in for a bigger server, then I'll go for that too.

How many of you would want a server for us to play on? Would this be worth my while, or are the PC folks here not interested?

banlol.png

I don't know is my honest answer. I have not had any problems on other peoples servers (BF3) and a server in the UK is probably not that favorable for me on the east coast. 

The server rotation often gets monotonous after a while as well so I like to mix it up. I'd say save your money but it's your money. 

I'm also not 100% sold on PC vs PS3. I'm still waiting for the reviews on the PC to see if the fixed the optimization issues.

If I pick it up 1) it'll def be for PC, and 2) I'd be really happy to play with you guys...except I'd be a bit hesitant with only a 20 person server. Aside for the graphics, the ability to play bigger games (read - more people) is one of the huge draws for BF on PC.

With that said, if I do pick up the game I'd be more than willing to support the server financially. But I'm still undecided at the moment about whether or not I'm getting the game.

Ok sweet, that's exactly the answer I was looking for. If I can get some folks to commit to a few bucks a month, I'll pay the majority out my own pocket and we can have our very own server where we can play whatever we want, whenever we want. We could have tournaments on it, all sorts of events and fun stuff.

When we're not using it we could have it rotate maps, gamemodes, or do whatever we want really.

Once the game is out I'll revisit this idea to gauge interest and run some numbers. I'd probably host the server somewhere on the west coast of the US so we can all have a decent ping. no point hosting it here is the east coast guys are going to have 2-300ms ping.

Still, I'm just throwing some ideas around here. This is still early stages, I want to see how the contributions go for the Teamspeak and Minecraft before I dive into something that would leave me considerably out of pocket if I had to fund it all my self. So far, so good. We've had a fair few contributions so I have high hopes yet!

banlol.png

It's in my mailbox at home. I also found out today that I'll be alone at work all weekend as my shift partner is ill. That's 2x12h shifts, at work, all by myself. Guess who's PC is coming to work?

I just hope the internet here is decent enough to play on.

banlol.png