[R6] Blood Orchid Patch Notes

The3rdWalker

2 New Operators

For Operation Blood Orchid, Team Rainbow recruits two of S.D.U.’s finest: Lesion and Ying. The new Operators are immediately unlocked for Season Pass owners, with exclusive access granted for seven days. All players can unlock the Operators with Renown or R6 Credits after the exclusive period ends. 

THEME PARK

Team Rainbow has been called to raid an abandoned theme park on the shores of Hong Kong. Two of S.D.U.'s most resourceful Operators were chosen to lead a lethal raid in this challenging perimeter. Get ready to discover a colorful and eclectic new map filled with dynamic and fast-paced face-offs.

3 months ago, Operation Health was deployed as a major initiative to improve the game for the upcoming years. With the launch of Season 3, we are putting Operation Health behind us with our final update in Season 3, which is our largest patch we have ever deployed. In the future, we are still keeping the core pillars to focus on game optimization, top community issues reported by the community, and improving player experience. The groundwork in Operation Health will help us to continue to improve the game for the distant future. 

NEW UPGRADED SERVERS DEPLOYMENT
The new servers will be deployed with the launch of Season 3. These new servers bring significant improvements to stability, connectivity, FPS, rubberbanding, and overall performance. On top of the new servers, we have a new physics system in the works, which should further address issues with players teleporting and rubberbanding.

IMPROVED LIGHTING WHEN LOOKING FROM INSIDE TO OUTSIDE AND VICE VERSA.
Initially, we wanted to use realistic values to have contrasted and realistic lighting, which works in the same way as a camera would in real life. Additionally, the bloom was intended to limit the effectiveness of Defenders peeking outside. 
We are excited to tell you that we have completely reworked how exposure is handled on all maps, and reduced the exposure values. Bloom issues are now a thing of the past.

Improved Lighting 
Improved Lighting

SKY MODEL UPDATE (ALL MAPS)
We will now be using image based HDR skies. This allows us to have more artistic control of the ambient lighting, as well as increase the overall quality of lighting in general.

Sky Model Update

BDRF UPDATE (ALL MAPS)
Updates are being worked on for our shading model, also known as Bidirectional Reflectance Distribution Function, which calculates reflections. It now matches the same model as our external texturing tool, which improves the workflow for our artists. What this means for you is that you will see an improved reflection quality in some materials, particularly in terms of glossiness.

DATA CLEANUP ON MAP TEXTURES AND MESHES (KAFE)
Over the course of the next year, we will be reworking the textures of every single map. We are starting with Kafe Dostoyevsky, our most expensive map in terms of memory-budget. We have been going through all the textures and meshes of Kafe, smoothing, optimizing, and standardizing everything we could. In essence, we are streamlining and reducing its overall memory footprint.

Data Cleanup

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/updates/bloodorchid/index.aspx

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to play with Crispy so he can no longer moan about that fucking glare looking out of the windows. Then we need to take bets on the next issue [emoji6]

In all seriousness though, this reads amazingly well. Those visuals say it all really.

More spawn killing now its easier to see perhaps?

Via the FG App

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

5 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I just want to play with Crispy so he can no longer moan about that fucking glare looking out of the windows. Then we need to take bets on the next issue emoji6.png

In all seriousness though, this reads amazingly well. Those visuals say it all really.

More spawn killing now its easier to see perhaps?

Via the FG App

Spawn killing is the one thing so many folks get hung up on, but it's so preventable. Leave a drone in the common spots, don't run out directly. I am nothing special at Siege and can say I have been spawn killed about 4 times in the past 8 months. I love that they removed the yellow filter from running out as a defender, also the change to smoke grenades is a game changer. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD