Fallout 4 Creation Mod Shop Live

Bethesda's 'shop' is live today for created mods for PC, PlayStation and Xbox.

3rd party developers should be available through it too and they've said mods will continue to be free but not sure if thats through this shop or outside of it.

I wonder of this is going to be one of these things that on the face of it looks shit and stinks of Bethesda getting every penny for bits that were always considered free and then in a few months we all forget about and it just becomes the norm so it is accepted that microtransactions are a part of Fallout 4.

This then paves the way for most other PC games I imagine.

Anyone with Fallout 4 gonna take a look at the shop and see whats available?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

If I have time later I can.

My son is addicted to Fo4 lately. He has become a "water Riblet" and has basically become Scrooge McDuck

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Creation Club is kind of a decent thing for PS4 but it's getting a kicking online.
It's paid mods essentially. High quality paid mods but paid mods none the less.

PC and yes even Xbox players get mods and get their mods for free.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Not really sure how its good on ps4. All the paid mods are showing up in the free section. Why pay for it?

Via the FG App

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Not really sure how its good on ps4. All the paid mods are showing up in the free section. Why pay for it?

Via the FG App

My understanding is that versions of the paid mods weren't available for free on PS4. Are you saying that they are?

There is only one benefit to Bethesda doing paid mods is that, in theory, they've been properly QA tested and won't be buggy or cause bugs to other parts of the game.

I still wouldn't pay for one though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I know what Zenimax/ Bethesda said would be the purpose of the Creation Club. 

I know what is actually happening currently in regards to free mods.

They are not the same thing. 

Horse Power Armor is already on the free mod section, the modular Backpacks is also there, as is the prototype gauss rifle.  I didn't look past those.

My theory:

Bethesda is out of ideas for how to extend the monetization of their games. This is what they came up with. I thoroughly expect to see them do a new release of Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 3 here soon, in the same way they redid Skyrim. (The SSE version of Skyrim was just skyrim with the fan made mods added in. There was an article about it a while ago, I can try to dig it up)

On 05/09/2017 at 2:46 PM, Sennex said:

I know what Zenimax/ Bethesda said would be the purpose of the Creation Club. 

I know what is actually happening currently in regards to free mods.

They are not the same thing. 

Horse Power Armor is already on the free mod section, the modular Backpacks is also there, as is the prototype gauss rifle.  I didn't look past those.

My theory:

Bethesda is out of ideas for how to extend the monetization of their games. This is what they came up with. I thoroughly expect to see them do a new release of Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 3 here soon, in the same way they redid Skyrim. (The SSE version of Skyrim was just skyrim with the fan made mods added in. There was an article about it a while ago, I can try to dig it up)

Pretty good theory if you ask me. I'm too tired this morning to check what AAA games they're making but its pretty desperate if a company like that has run out of ideas in this era.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb