Beta - Impressions?

Greboth

So with the beta going live yesterday - what are peoples thoughts on it so far?

For me there is the obvious things to instantly like - no wall running, no boost jumps it is a proper boots on the ground CoD but we pretty much knew that going in to it.

The good;

Graphics - I can't say I noticed any particularly fancy lighting or moment of wow that looks amazing but the graphics are clear, textures look good and currently there is no horrible colours (I'm sure neon pink and green supply drop weapons will change that though)

Guns - I only tried a few out last night but they sound and handle differently - especially seeming to have more recoil than previous COD's so each feels unique.  The guns feel like they have different ranges too - SMG's feel useless at range, rifles useless at close range etc. though this could just be me being rubbish.

Mediocre

Maps - For domination and TDM the maps seem to flow OK so far - not perfect but OK.  I'm really not sure on the new mode though - when it comes to building the bridge there seems to be so many spots to look out from that it is difficult to clear them all.

Bad

Insta-death - What would a CoD be without insta-death.  It hasn't happened often but already died a few times before I could even react.

Head glitching - It isn't really a glitch but I don't understand the constant need to put objects in the world people can hide behind and have only part of their head sticking above.  Surely these spots just encourage camping which is seemingly the opposite of what most people want.

That is it off the top of my head but I've only played for a couple of hours so I'm sure my view probably change a little.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I'll be playing it over the weekend so I'll leave my opinions. BUT I have seen/heard complaints that the connection was great at first and then went to shit when more people connected. If the insta-death issue is there then I'm avoiding this game. And there are head glitchers and campers galore apparently.

fart.gif

To be honest I wouldn't say it's shite. It's just got nothing new in it.
Limiting your loadouts is a step backwards. Going back to WW2 means limited weapons and equipment.
I actually enjoyed the advanced movement of recent games so don't like what we have in this game.
There's much better games I'd rather play.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

I found it boring. It seems fundamentally good, gameplay was ok. Just not for me anymore.

Think I'm just over cod, which is refreshing really. Typically I'll buy it and play for a few weeks and get bored. I'm gonna pass on this all together.

Via the FG App

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Really enjoyed playing yesterday, a few issues that they need to smooth out but hey, it's a beta. I seen newly realise cod games play worse than that.

Maps were good and the guns were balanced apart from the type 100 which seems to wreck.

I enjoyded that new game mode as well, it seems like that more a team based objective which could work well for us.

Over all I'm pretty impressed with the whole thing, the only thing that lets it down IMO is the menu, am I in a party? Who knows? I know how to get to the party section but if you join a party it should just let you know and not have you scroll through a load of menus before you get to it.

8/10 so far. Pretty sure I gave the last cod a -4/10, so there's a massive improvement!

2 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Really enjoyed playing yesterday, a few issues that they need to smooth out but hey, it's a beta. I seen newly realise cod games play worse than that.

Maps were good and the guns were balanced apart from the type 100 which seems to wreck.

I enjoyded that new game mode as well, it seems like that more a team based objective which could work well for us.

Over all I'm pretty impressed with the whole thing, the only thing that lets it down IMO is the menu, am I in a party? Who knows? I know how to get to the party section but if you join a party it should just let you know and not have you scroll through a load of menus before you get to it.

8/10 so far. Pretty sure I gave the last cod a -4/10, so there's a massive improvement!

Yeah the menu is flippin annoying at first but I really enjoyed the game play. I agree, with a few of us playing and coordinating the new mode would be pretty cool.

Played TDM, Domination and the new War mode and enjoyed them all. The maps were decent and quite suited to Dom so played that the most.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Having played it as much as time allowed over the weekend - the usual problems seems to exist the most frustrating being too many headglitching spots around the maps and connection.  It is always easy to blame some BS for your death but some matches I was dying before I even got a bullet off.  That aside though, I actually didn't find the game that bad and it was certainly good to not have crazy jumps, wall running and flying around of the previous few games.  The problem I have is that while I didn't find it that bad I equally didn't find it that enjoyable either.  I've cancelled my pre-order for now and I'm not sure I will be picking up day 1.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Second beta weekend starting on 1st Sept. Here's the breakdown of changes that Sledgehammer will make, including others known that will be made at Launch.

Key Items Being Worked On For Beta Weekend 2:

- It has come to our attention that some users are seeing an incorrect error message saying servers are down when they are not.

- We have identified a rare bug where users are seeing a false message about players being kicked from their parties. We have identified and fixed the issue.

- We are aware of a bug that prompts you to “Unlock and Equip” an item, but it only unlocks the item and does not equip. We are working on fixing this. (It’s annoying to us too.)

- Some of the battle chatter and hit marker audio still requires some fine tuning. Specifically, the NPC call outs of enemy positions need some addressing.

- There is a bug that is causing some party members to lose connection with the lobby host.

Features And Adjustments To Be Made For For Launch Or Later:

- Adjusting Dom kills to 100pts, from 50.

- Increasing TDM end match score to 100.

- Hit feedback improvements, including better audio and more obvious headshot indicator

- Reducing Molotov to x1 per Scorestreak.

- Sprint out to ADS time refinement.

- Incendiary Shells as default off, and perhaps need to be nerfed.

- Paratrooper strength / cost balancing.

- Recon Aircraft too vulnerable to rifle damage.

- Color Blind support option.

- Bumper Jumper and other key controller configs.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Well I didn't think it was that bad tbh. I only played a few games with the British guy and a LMG. I think it felt better than others as I didn't run around like I usually do.

The War mode was great to start with, but we had a group of us the next round and I think most got disinterested pretty quickly. A tiny bit of lag but overall i'd say it was nice to experience it.

It's been said before by a few of you but I think the main issue with people not liking this is that most have just grown out of the game so you haven't got the patience like you used to. Might try it again tonight for a few more War rounds. Its by far the best game mode. Oh, it did feel like we were playing Rainbow Six mixed with Overwatch moving the payload :D

Just played a couple of games on the PC beta and uninstalled it soon after. Simply awful I thought with clunky controls, horrible class system, terrible spawns, claustrophobic maps, bad bullet detection and just stale gameplay. That's £40 saved and will be the first Call of Duty that I don't own. This is all without supply drops too. 

13 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Just played a couple of games on the PC beta and uninstalled it soon after. Simply awful I thought with clunky controls, horrible class system, terrible spawns, claustrophobic maps, bad bullet detection and just stale gameplay. That's £40 saved and will be the first Call of Duty that I don't own. This is all without supply drops too. 

I didn't expect the PC version to be that bad tbh. I didn't think PS4 version was all that bad, the only things that bothered me was hit detection and the fact that others weren't liking it.

12 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I simply won't have the time, debated downloading the PC beta and just can't be arsed.

21 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

I've cancelled my order as in going to have limited time to game over the foreseeable future. Might pick it up around Xmas though.

Again, didn't expect you two to not look at it. Well, maybe Rich because of fairy dancing around a stage ;) I think it will have some value if there is a party of us. It's why Black Ops 3 is still a decent game to play if we have enough to play together. Phil, still gonna get the PS4 version?

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Again, didn't expect you two to not look at it. Well, maybe Rich because of fairy dancing around a stage ;) I think it will have some value if there is a party of us. It's why Black Ops 3 is still a decent game to play if we have enough to play together. Phil, still gonna get the PS4 version?

:lol: tbh i'll probably end up grabbing it on the day or the day after like i normally do.