Call of Duty Forum

Call of Duty forum  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to keep or nuke the Call of Duty forum?

• Keep it
    • Nuke it

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2017 at 05:00 PM

@Sennex that really doesn't make since because yes CoD isn't what drives this forum like it did but to a lot of the gaming world CoD is still king. Honestly you could nuke half the subs on here if that was the point. Don't really care just my opinion. 

We are looking at what to merge actively, versus what to break out. So yes nuking game specific forums is on the table.

Hence why warframe and Rainbow 6 are gone. When Destiny 2 comes out, Minecraft will most likely go away as well

Via the FG App

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Let's be clear on this. I would personally like the FG featured games section to be 5 games strong imo. It was a suggestion a while back that CoD has been dead for quite a while. I agree, it has. Apart from when i've organised nights of gaming together.

I wasn't sure, that's why we've got the vote. Its always been down to everyone that here, old and new to decide. I will steer it the way I believe but if no one posts, it won't help the issue. The CoD beta started tonight, i'm hearing good things.

The poll ends on 1st Sept. Whatever the outcome of the poll will be what it will be. Most importantly though, more than ever, I need people to understand they need to contribute. We've been going for a long time before recent months with v.low content. Its starting to change significantly (the graph Bart posted shows that). But it needs to continue.

Bart is right about the structure on a separate note. We need to review everything. You all want this place to flourish, we need to put some considerable time to make it happen. Thats BOTH sides; behind the scenes and regulars viewing FG. If you see something you like, say it. If you don't I'll think you won't care about that section, threas, post, etc.

We're on the upward curve and climbing larger than before - work together and push our family place even further.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

7 hours ago, Sennex said:

When Destiny 2 comes out, Minecraft will most likely go away as well

Via the FG App

Seems a shame but I can understand it...I don't know about now as I've  been playing SP lately, but there didn't seem to be the same enthusiasm as in the early days. Have the community projects like the railway died? Greboth was working on the terminal a few weeks ago but, apart from Marina and sometimes Jsin, we seemed to be the only ones playing 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Seems a shame but I can understand it...I don't know about now as I've  been playing SP lately, but there didn't seem to be the same enthusiasm as in the early days. Have the community projects like the railway died? Greboth was working on the terminal a few weeks ago but, apart from Marina and sometimes Jsin, we seemed to be the only ones playing 

I posted a thread asking what new ideas we could look at recently but no one has responded.

Honestly Dave, whilst anything is a possibility, its not going anywhere for the meantime. Having an FG Server is a fantastic thing to have so you all need to support it.

Via the FG App

My problem is that I pretty much play a game that no one else playes. Why would I post about a game no one cared to read about? That's why I havent posted on my PPR recently.

I have thought about posting in Warframe threads again, even making new ones but for what?

And I'm not sad or pissed about people not responding to what I post, I don't post or read everything I am not interrested in either, so totally understandable.

It wasn't much different back on the mw2 forum either. But pretty much everyone played the same game and had plenty to talk about. Now people are spread on several games that not everyone is playing and I guess we are kinda divided into smaller groups, some alone.

And how many core members are playing frequently these days compared to the old days? There is limited how much traffic 10+ people can make on this forum, games wise.

My problem is that I pretty much play a game that no one else playes. Why would I post about a game no one cared to read about? That's why I havent posted on my PPR recently.
I have thought about posting in Warframe threads again, even making new ones but for what?
And I'm not sad or pissed about people not responding to what I post, I don't post or read everything I am not interrested in either, so totally understandable.
It wasn't much different back on the mw2 forum either. But pretty much everyone played the same game and had plenty to talk about. Now people are spread on several games that not everyone is playing and I guess we are kinda divided into smaller groups, some alone.
And how many core members are playing frequently these days compared to the old days? There is limited how much traffic 10+ people can make on this forum, games wise.

You're assuming people don't read posts because they don't play it or care. There's quite a lot that come here just to read.

What we need to do is encourage each other by sharing info and our opinions on main games but every other game thats important to them.

We're called Forever Gaming, not Forever Destiny or Forever CoD. Its a place for all game chat, and other random life stuff. That's what I want it to be as the average gamer doesn't just play one game. They play several.

Its all down to us to encourage each other more, especially if new people come they must feel its easy to post and chat.

Via the FG App

I know people read, but I want people to discuss the topics I post. It won't be a vibrant place if people just read what other posts. It's kinda discouraging posting stuff and no one responds to it. I guess you of all know that :)

I might be wrong but that is how I feel.

I know people read, but I want people to discuss the topics I post. It won't be a vibrant place if people just read what other posts. It's kinda discouraging posting stuff and no one responds to it. I guess you of all know that [emoji4]
I might be wrong but that is how I feel.

I absolutely do know how that feels but that won't stop me posting. I won't give up that easily. Sometimes I don't expect replies though when they are statements.

There is tons to discuss. As I say, we need to reach out more to people interested in all games but also people here that just either read or don't post as much need to step up their game and be interested. That's why they are here. I very rarely find things uninteresting as I learn from what people post. People shouldn't be scared of asking silly questions either.

If there are some key likes you like but if not much play it, then let me know. We can focus energy on new people interested in that stuff - but I will need your help in doing so. Working together we can do it. People just nudging in the right direction. Thats all.

Via the FG App

I am not giving up, just don't get the urge to post that much.

But I'm gonna say fuck it, and if people are not interrested, fuck' em :)

Gonna post more of the stuff I play, allthough a bit more hassle to make big posts with info, quotes and links as I only use my phone on here.

But I will do more, even though I think I am already one of the top posters if the statistics are correct :)

I've got half a dozen threads that never get replies. You should be like me and believe in your awesomeness so much that you're convinced it's just because when people read the amazing posts they have to go lie down for an hour to recover their composure. Innit;)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I can't speak for everyone else here, but I know when I stop reading whatsapp, I read and respond on the forums more.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

16 minutes ago, Sennex said:

I can't speak for everyone else here, but I know when I stop reading whatsapp, I read and respond on the forums more.

My forum usage wasn't dependent on WhatsApp, it's been high regardless. I won't post in that Morning FG thread because it's clunky and I don't enjoy it. I would rather whatsapp for that. 

6 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I post all the Rainbow 6 stuff regularly, don't stop doing your warframe stuff. I don't care they get 0 replies, I like to think that I'm a reporter and it's like a magazine.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I dont play R6, but I do read it and I agree with @The3rdWalker I read the warframe stuff as well, and even log in when I have time. Sadly I don't game at all really anymore. My son has swiped my PS4, and I didn't even really notice

On 25/08/2017 at 9:34 AM, NCA-Paendrag said:

I am not giving up, just don't get the urge to post that much.

But I'm gonna say fuck it, and if people are not interrested, fuck' em :)

Gonna post more of the stuff I play, allthough a bit more hassle to make big posts with info, quotes and links as I only use my phone on here.

But I will do more, even though I think I am already one of the top posters if the statistics are correct :)

This is the exact attitude you need to have. Yeah, we all moan, but you gotta do shit about it. I'll help where I can but I'm not gonna handfeed people. It just hurts me as I ain't got the energy to help constantly. Nice man for stepping it up and just doing it. PMA and all shiz.

On 25/08/2017 at 2:28 PM, The3rdWalker said:

My forum usage wasn't dependent on WhatsApp, it's been high regardless. I won't post in that Morning FG thread because it's clunky and I don't enjoy it. I would rather whatsapp for that. 

I post all the Rainbow 6 stuff regularly, don't stop doing your warframe stuff. I don't care they get 0 replies, I like to think that I'm a reporter and it's like a magazine.

No one has questioned your attitude to FG balanced with whatsapp. In an ideal world people do both, as it really isn't that hard. But I get know people won't. 

You can't force people and I don't wont everyone to feel like I'm controlling this place in the slightest. Sure, every place needs organisation and someone to drive things (we wouldn't be having those top banter game sessions recently otherwise) but if you come here, awesome. If you don't, then cool. Some of my closest friends helped me realise this recently. I've got tons of things/ideas we can continue to do here.

I try hard to do things here so we can keep this place and continue having such awesome laughs. You only have to pop by and say your shit. Or give shit to Diddums. Yeah, the latter seems more enjoyable ;)

So Call of Duty subforum will stay for now based on the vote.

However, I'm feeling someone will say I told you so in 2018 based on a few opinions in the Impression thread :P