Call of Duty Forum

Call of Duty forum  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to keep or nuke the Call of Duty forum?

• Keep it
    • Nuke it

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2017 at 05:00 PM

A few people have suggested to get rid of the Call of Duty forum.

All down to you guys. Poll closes 1st Sept 6pn UK time. If it gets nuked, threads won't be lost, they'll go back into Shooters forum.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

The only concern I see with keeping it until after new year is CoD puts out a new game every year. We could continually make this argument 

I think you guys need to cut the umbilical cord, let go of your First FPS crush, and move on

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Bart does make a good point. I wasn't a part of the really early days so I guess I don't have that much of a preference either way. I just want to see things interesting if I'm brutally honest.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

49 minutes ago, Sennex said:

The only concern I see with keeping it until after new year is CoD puts out a new game every year. We could continually make this argument 

I think you guys need to cut the umbilical cord, let go of your First FPS crush, and move on

Rough observation:

15 threads in total since IW announced and released. 100 total comments or replies, with only 1 thread getting over 10 replies.  The other comments come in the black ops calendar event which can be just that, a calendar event and do not need their own forum. I personally made the Rainbow 6 Siege forum more active by a large margin over the COD group and I recommended the R6 section should have been taken down. 

I don't see a use for the Call of Duty section. 20 threads a year, maybe depending on the latest release of the game. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Cool you saved me from doing the math.

Looking at it in raw numbers really drives the point home that people are just hanging on for nostalgia

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

1 hour ago, The3rdWalker said:

Rough observation:

15 threads in total since IW announced and released. 100 total comments or replies, with only 1 thread getting over 10 replies.  The other comments come in the black ops calendar event which can be just that, a calendar event and do not need their own forum. I personally made the Rainbow 6 Siege forum more active by a large margin over the COD group and I recommended the R6 section should have been taken down. 

I don't see a use for the Call of Duty section. 20 threads a year, maybe depending on the latest release of the game. 

With those numbers we can nuke the Overwatch section aswell.

And why not Retro and Survival too.

Retro and Survival are Genre's not specific titles like Overwatch (People still play this all the time, its just not worth discussing because its a horrible basic and shitty game)

With those numbers we can nuke the Overwatch section aswell.
And why not Retro and Survival too.
Survival in particular caters for a number of games, you should try one out sometime [emoji8]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Minecraft is Survival :D

Nah, but seriously, if that forum were to get nuked, thats where I would say it should go.

29 minutes ago, Sennex said:

Retro and Survival are Genre's not specific titles like Overwatch (People still play this all the time, its just not worth discussing because its a horrible basic and shitty game)

And COD isn't? ;)

I honestly don't mind taking it down, the only reason I think it should stay for the time being, is because this cod will

hopefully be different. 

Maybe we should take it down and if it kicks off we can put it back up?

You all make very good points.

1 minute ago, tronic44 said:

I honestly don't mind taking it down, the only reason I think it should stay for the time being, is because this cod will

hopefully be different. 

Maybe we should take it down and if it kicks off we can put it back up?

You all make very good points.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

This is the probably going to be the biggest thread COD has seen in years:lol:

LOLZ Awesome point

59 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

And COD isn't? ;)

And another amazing point :lol:

If it gets nuked in January, then the argument doesn't need to be continued, considering they release their games in November.

Anyways. I don't really care. Threads can still be made on the game regardless. [emoji106]

Via the FG App

Its a marketting thing to be honest. You don't want things hanging out there that are not used. It makes the site look like it has no traffic. 

Which we all know isn't true, but it is a perception. Its why Warframe was nuked, and a few others. 

All this stemmed from Lee and I talking about how to get more users here., and from the realization that no one wants to visit a site that looks dead. 

Dave and I had very similar talks years ago, and it was never resolved to anyones liking. This is sort of a continuation of that. 

Lets all be honest here, with Destiny 2 coming out, how many will really take the time to play the new CoD? 

I could be wrong here, but I thoroughly expect the forum to be gone come January, and I don't see the point in postponing it. However, the vote is to keep it, so we will

Also here is our traffic graph of people who posted

UzUcYUZ.jpg

On 8/22/2017 at 9:55 AM, The3rdWalker said:

Rough observation:

Combine these two, and you have a forum thats not used, that could be repurposed to another title.

I voted to keep it though agree it should only be a temporary reprieve.  With the beta coming this weekend and possibly (hopefully) the best CoD in a while in a couple of months we could see more activity.  It is only a possibility though so like a few suggested I'd say give it a chance and if things odn't pick up nuke it.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png