FG Server Team Ideas

GazzaGarratt

3 minutes ago, Greboth said:

How would you fit 6 around one atrium?

I get we don't want it to be massive but I'm reluctant to make it too small as you need a certain size, certain grandeur to keep it with the country house / estate look.

You’d have to make the atrium bigger but I can see what you’re saying.....hit me with the new footprint size and I’ll shuffle the torches

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I've shuffled the torches to make it 119 x 96 blocks...still pretty big and just incorporates one of the existing structures. Might be able to shuffle it a few blocks either way. One long side is centered on the spawn point as that was at the top of the hill

With the building this big, what will happen to the gate house? Do we incorporate the village within the estate walls...seen that done before.

At the moment, I think you and I (and possibly Marina) will end up driving this with wing occupiers doing their own fit out works :) so have you had any further thoughts regarding building materials, etc ?

Guys sorry I haven't been on the server recently... I have been glued to the news and social media due to the recent Catalan referendum and the massive repression by the police that followed. General strike today and this won't end here.

I will join you soon.

14 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I've shuffled the torches to make it 119 x 96 blocks...still pretty big and just incorporates one of the existing structures. Might be able to shuffle it a few blocks either way. One long side is centered on the spawn point as that was at the top of the hill

With the building this big, what will happen to the gate house? Do we incorporate the village within the estate walls...seen that done before.

At the moment, I think you and I (and possibly Marina) will end up driving this with wing occupiers doing their own fit out works :) so have you had any further thoughts regarding building materials, etc ?

I'll have a think about design today and see if I can come up with something similar to what we have but with 6 wings and maybe slightly smaller.

I was originally imagining that the village would be just outside the estate grounds - though equally I was originally thinking that the build would be of a similar size to mine, not twice the size.  I think some of this is just going to be winging it so I'd say build the house where it fits and we can worry about things like the perimeter wall and gatehouse afterwards.

I think material wise I would say stone.  We could use stone for the walls, stone bricks for the floors, stone slabs and cobblestone for little bits to break up the textures.  It is a lot of grey but whatever we build it out of it is going to be a lot of one type of block.  At least with stone we can have a few different textures of it through the build.  The only thing is that if we're using stone we would need to smelt the cobblestone but would set up a simple big smelter with 5-10 furnaces should produce stone quick enough.   A wooden roof makes sense but I think oak is too light so one of the darker woods - not really sure which though and it could depend on what is easiest to chop down.

13 hours ago, Marineta said:

Guys sorry I haven't been on the server recently... I have been glued to the news and social media due to the recent Catalan referendum and the massive repression by the police that followed. General strike today and this won't end here.

I will join you soon.

Don't worry about it Marina, the referendum is more important than Minecraft and the server will still be here after the referendum has finished :) 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

I'll have a think about design today and see if I can come up with something similar to what we have but with 6 wings and maybe slightly smaller.

I was originally imagining that the village would be just outside the estate grounds - though equally I was originally thinking that the build would be of a similar size to mine, not twice the size.  I think some of this is just going to be winging it so I'd say build the house where it fits and we can worry about things like the perimeter wall and gatehouse afterwards.

I think material wise I would say stone.  We could use stone for the walls, stone bricks for the floors, stone slabs and cobblestone for little bits to break up the textures.  It is a lot of grey but whatever we build it out of it is going to be a lot of one type of block.  At least with stone we can have a few different textures of it through the build.  The only thing is that if we're using stone we would need to smelt the cobblestone but would set up a simple big smelter with 5-10 furnaces should produce stone quick enough.   A wooden roof makes sense but I think oak is too light so one of the darker woods - not really sure which though and it could depend on what is easiest to chop down.

Don't worry about it Marina, the referendum is more important than Minecraft and the server will still be here after the referendum has finished :) 

I've got 6 furnaces on the mining world....I'll set them going

I've also got a lot of the polished varieties of stone as well as the smooth sandstone if you wanted to incorporate a relief pattern

Got some dark oak as well..and dark oak saplings...and bonemeal  :ph34r:...don't know how fast it grows but I can experiment if you want??

I was thinking with a few hoppers you could set it up so it is just a case of throwing in blocks and waiting a little bit.  I think 1 coal does 8 blocks so could you stack up 1 single chest for fuel, 4 double chests full of cobblestone.  Then just leave it while we do some planning and stuff and we easily have lots of stone.

I think we would best using the furnaces as we need a lot of blocks like one hell of a lot!

Assuming we stick to the 119 x 96 design then

The floor will take 119 x 96 blocks = 11424 blocks

Each layer of wall will take 119 + 96 + 119 + 96 = 430 blocks

Assuming the rooms have a 5 block height 430 x 5 = 2150 blocks

So assuming we have floor, ground floor wall, first floor, first floor wall and ceiling = around 38,000 blocks.  Or put another way that's about 600 stacks of 64 blocks or around 11 double chests full :lol: 

52 minutes ago, Bluebear said:

I'm feeling the stone smelting pain... gonna need a lot for my own build too! Damn stone bricks.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Via the FG App

If you can get a silk touch enchantment on a diamond pick you should be sorted ...I gave you a repair talisman, didn't I? That'll keep it in shape and you don't need mass smelting

If you can get a silk touch enchantment on a diamond pick you should be sorted ...I gave you a repair talisman, didn't I? That'll keep it in shape and you don't need mass smelting

You already enchanted and gave me a diamond pick mate! Not sure what the ench was.

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

I don’t have a silk touch pick so probably worth making some sort of giant smelter anyway.

I managed to hop on for a little but yesterday, I didn’t realise you had mapped out the build so close to the villlage.  I was thinking the village would just be outside of the perimeter wall so if we move then house north of the river.  We should then have room to the south for the perimeter wall / gate house.  Also means we could have a nice bridge over the water.

Hopefully this makes sense but I can screenshot the map again and mark it up later.

13 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I don’t have a silk touch pick so probably worth making some sort of giant smelter anyway.

I managed to hop on for a little but yesterday, I didn’t realise you had mapped out the build so close to the villlage.  I was thinking the village would just be outside of the perimeter wall so if we move then house north of the river.  We should then have room to the south for the perimeter wall / gate house.  Also means we could have a nice bridge over the water.

Hopefully this makes sense but I can screenshot the map again and mark it up later.

Sorry mate I was just trying to squeeze it in! :lol::lol:

Why not pick up all the torches and put down torch 'L' shapes for the corners of the main building and I'll put the rest in so we can see it again....I'll put up a small block tower and reset the warp point

22 hours ago, Greboth said:

So assuming we have floor, ground floor wall, first floor, first floor wall and ceiling = around 38,000 blocks.  Or put another way that's about 600 stacks of 64 blocks or around 11 double chests full :lol: 

2,400 done so far today....that’s the warm up done :ph34r:

Hmmmm yeah, I think we need to make it smaller.  The cyan is roughly where you mapped the torches, the red is where I was thinking we could build it.  However either is absolutely massive and doesn't really leave any rooms for the grounds.

37519095071_0d4795d02d_o.jpg

I think we can stick to the country house design.  What makes the design massive is having the wings split up so doubles everything.  If we move to a one central atrium we could keep a similar design but on a smaller footprint.  I’ve sketched a few floorplans so will work out their sizes and post it later or tomorrow depending on the time.

There is certainly more room up there for building, sizing the maps up then this is about the rough size of the originally planned build

37489467592_01c2c2e2e7_o.jpg

I know the original plan was to build close to a village however, if we are going with Marina building a village/community buildings thing.  Then as long we meet the criteria for a village (all to do with number of doors with sky access and other stuff) then we could kidnap villagers and make out own village.

7 hours ago, Greboth said:

There is certainly more room up there for building, sizing the maps up then this is about the rough size of the originally planned build

37489467592_01c2c2e2e7_o.jpg

I know the original plan was to build close to a village however, if we are going with Marina building a village/community buildings thing.  Then as long we meet the criteria for a village (all to do with number of doors with sky access and other stuff) then we could kidnap villagers and make out own village.

Like it mate...did you set a warp point for it?

53 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Like it mate...did you set a warp point for it?

No mate, I just alligned the maps so we could have an idea of how big the build would be in that area so we could see if it fits.

Ok I’ve collected the torches, found the location and reset /warp communal, left a small chest there with lots of torches. 

I’ll let you put the footprint down in torches when you’ve worked it out ;)