FG Server Team Ideas

GazzaGarratt

Good stuff!

Been thinking...given the fact we have a mining world (MW) for strip mining, I think that, as long as we've gone to the MW "naked", we should be able to bring back anything we've found or dug up there. If we don't deep dig on the communal site we're unlikely to find any emeralds, diamonds or redstone so it would make sense to be able to bring stuff back

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

14 hours ago, Greboth said:

Nice one mate :) If all goes well I should have some free time to put in to this tomorrow and hopefully find a nice location for our build.

I've got some ideas for a rough design as well so will get some sort of plan made too.

Are you planning on putting it within a short distance of a village. Would be good for trading and to see interactions

Right - Design Ideas

Everyones input is needed for this as for it to be a communal build it needs to be something everyone wants and is willing to contribute too.  As it will be a community, I quite like the idea of us having a centre piece - a large central building the ties everything together.  I was thinking this centre building could be our communal building too - it could have a large storage area where everyone could put excess stuff, enchanting area, potion brewing area etc.  We could also include farms in them - obviously we couldn't go too big.  Basically all the things that make builds big could be in the big central communal building meaning our personal builds outside fo this could be kept small.  This is only an idea though so some of the ideas below don't feature this central building.

First Idea - A medievil fortified town

We could have a large castle stucture built in the middle with our smaller builds around the outside.  We could also build perimeter walls, moats etc. to add to the defensive nature of the build.  The central castle / build could also be raised in the centre so it really stands out - something like Edinburgh Castle does:

36832950336_c55e42a7d8_o.jpg

Second idea - A country home

Similar to the first idea in that we have a large communal build with the enchanting, potions, farms etc. but we build it slightly bigger and don't have our own smaller houses.  Something like a very large country house and we could even extend it to have grounds, gate house etc.  The style of the building could change but to give a visual idea of what I mean, something like this;

36832951226_47d35bd755_o.jpg

Third idea - Project Eden

Basically like the Eden Project - we could have a large central dome with smaller ones off of it for our personal areas or one giant glass dome.  Again like the others above, this would allow for central storage, enchanting etc

36832950756_083c2d307d_o.jpg

Fourth idea - The hillside homes

Moving away from the central communal area ideas above we could have a build where we all have our own houses but we build them close together to still get the community feeling.  Just because it makes the design a little more interesting I thought why not on the side of a hill.  Plus this design would also mean no flattening of large area of the world which is always a bonus.   For the visual, I was thinking something like this;

37021226105_cd5c5b4d25_o.jpg

Fifth Idea - Grove Street

Basically the idea above but we build it flat - the idea for this was from Grove Street on GTA but obviously the build style is open we could build it like suburbia with the picket fences, modern clean houses etc.

36849921362_1ace8bb054_o.jpg

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Wow! Well done Greboth... a lot of work has gone into that! :1295_raised_hands_tone1::1295_raised_hands_tone1:

I personally like the country house idea with separate wings for each of us - if we planned for say 6 - 8 wings, any that are empty to begin with we could use for storage. 

If it's sited near a village we could link into that with farm fields, etc

My second choice would be the castle one but your place is a bit like that so might be boring for you

Mining world is progressing....there are steps down to L12 as detailed above if you want to hunt diamonds (got 40+ diamond and loads of emeralds from it) and I've started open cast mining down to meet it to change things up. Jump in anyone when you want to

Nice one mate!

I could live with the Hillside houses, I was just concerned they'd be too quick to finish but thinking about it, there's no reason why we couldn't have 3-4-5 smaller houses each interlinked. This would give you space without the big visual impact on the landscape. The drawback is no moat of lava with automatic bridge! :lol:

I really don't mind, I just want to get a community project going...spreading out and linking by rail was good attempt but a bit too ambitious and early. If we can get this to work together, it may lead on to other things

Mining World update:

Down to L27 now - that's 20,000+ blocks excavated from the big dig alone! Through killing cows up top and zombies in the strip mine (as well as those that spawn in the tree shadows!). If you eant to help with this please do but keep the walls straight please...just want to see what a bloody great hole from surface to bedrock looks like! :)

Don't forget, this is Old School, so come to the mining world "naked" and make your own iron armour...I'll leave food in the chests by the furnaces. Only make diamond armour/equipment when you find the diamonds!

I've managed to make an enchanting table. It will only enchant to low levels at the moment so if you come across paper or books on the mining world stick them in the chest and post here

If you want to hunt zombies and diamonds you'll need some ladders...if you stand at the top of the open cast mine and look across, you'll see a ragged opening in the wall which is where the steps down to the strip mine are. Ladder up to that and away you go. If I get time I'll put a ladder up for you.

Finally, house rule is "mine together and share"...your iron ingots are in chest with your name on it, Marina :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

Of course!, then  perhaps I am more inclined toward the Country Home rather than the Medieval Fortress (I would have lasted two days in medieval times had I been born back then...). To be honest, i am not sure I understand what sort of lava bridge you wanna build but I am  up for it.

I forgot to say, thank you to whoever built the fireworks dispenser near mine (/warp casa).  Greboth, was thaz you??

Below there are a couple of videos from my town' Ball de Foc (the Fire Dance)... a traditional fire chasing event that takes place on 1 September every year in my town, Vilafranca del Penedes (near Barcelona)... the videos are from 2015 but just so that you get an idea of what we get up to :-)

Salut!

Update:

The quarry dig has hit bedrock! That's L5 on the mining world so that's 30 x 20 x 59 = 35,400 blocks mined!!

@GazzaGarratt I know you're heavy into D2 but could you give us an idea of which of Greboth's ideas you like or chip in some of your own so we can see if there's a suitable site

@Greboth Let me know when you find a site and mark out where you want the resource chests as I've found enough "shinies" to make an Alchemical Bag so I gan bring stuff to the Overworld (?). I won't bring cobblestone yet until we work out what we want

If we have anymore crap weather in the Cotswolds, or I wake up too early and can't get back to sleep, I might start digging another hole! :)

Not a problem Dave, I will give ut some thought although as you say, I'm knee deep in Destiny currently and I want / need to put some admin time in here to build on stuff we have to support Minecraft, Destiny and the everything else.

I'll find a nice night in the early hours where I'm not disturbed and will commit to some ideas and time [emoji106]

Via the FG App

I've been neglecting this (as well as almost everything else) for D2.  Though Destiny is always more manic at the beginning when trying to get raid ready in a week.  The raid releases this week though I should be busy again but after that I should have some more time for this project.

If you come back soon (I woke up early again) you can finish #2 off down to bedrock Marina...if not, start a new 20 x 20 nearby (I want to eventually link them all together that's why I'm lining them up and keeping straight sides!). 

If I start a new one before you I'll leave a sign by your storage chest.....hell, you have to be really careful what you put with words like chest and hole cuz I know Tommy is lurking, waiting for something to put in the "Out Of Context" section! :lol:

Update:

#2 Dig completed...24,600 blocks ....3 emeralds, scraps of redstone and not a single solitary diamond! :angry: Good job there was loads of iron and coal. No slimes for loot bags either just a couple dropped from Silverfish

Marina, I've started dig #3 ...it's in line with the others behind the chests. I also had a mining backpack drop from a loot bag...I have one already so I left it in your box. It automatically stores any ore, coal, lapis or redstone you mine if you keep it on your hotbar, gives you more inventory space. Don't forget to take ladders :)

I popped on the server last night while the Destiny servers were down.  I didn't get much done but oh my god that is some rather large holes you have dug!  No wonder there are so many chests on the surface!!!

20 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

It automatically stores any ore, coal, lapis or redstone you mine if you keep it on your hotbar, gives you more inventory space. Don't forget to take ladders :)

I've always found mine works as long as it is in your inventory, it doesn't need to be in your hot bar unless you want to open the bag.

Thanks for that, didn't realise it worked in the inventory and yes, that is a lot of chests that's why Ive started double stacking!

It was good having Marina on the dig yesterday as well, made things seem quicker :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

I think we need to make a decision on the project soon so I can start moving some boxes....last day of holidays today, which means I can finally start playing D2 tomorrow night!!

7 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

It was good having Marina on the dig yesterday as well, made things seem quicker :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

No worries, man! It was fun, even when you buried me between blocks!  It was awesome seeing you defending yourself from silverfish...

In terms of the project I assume we need to decide:

- What sort of community town we build.

- Where do we build.

I am happy with whatever we go with, it was much nicer mining for all of us than just for myself!

2 hours ago, Marineta said:

No worries, man! It was fun, even when you buried me between blocks!  It was awesome seeing you defending yourself from silverfish...

In terms of the project I assume we need to decide:

- What sort of community town we build.

- Where do we build.

I am happy with whatever we go with, it was much nicer mining for all of us than just for myself!

To make up for burying you, I've left you some bits to tidy up on L12....just disappointed that, once again, no diamonds but at least the repair talisman makes up for that! Thanks Marina and @Greboth there's one left in the chest,

Eureka moment! Not enough paper to make all the bookshelves needed to max out the enchanting table but got loadsa emeralds then realised there's a librarian ar the spawn!! :)

Nett result is pretty good diamond enchanted armour and an Efficiency IV Fortune III pick axe! Coupled with the repair talisman =  Happy Days!!

I've left all my other enchanted pick axes in the tool chest, so help yourself if you need one

5 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Not enough paper to make all the bookshelves needed to max out the enchanting table but got loadsa emeralds then realised there's a librarian ar the spawn!! :)

I was going to say... we can get paper from sugar cane, should we have a little sugar cane farm in RW?

1 hour ago, Marineta said:

I was going to say... we can get paper from sugar cane, should we have a little sugar cane farm in RW?

Only if you can find sugar cane on the RW - it needs water to grow and I haven't come across water yet

37 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Only if you can find sugar cane on the RW - it needs water to grow and I haven't come across water yet

There's definitely water by looking at Dynmap...  would bringing over some sugar cane from the normal world mean we are not going 'naked enough'?