Andromeda will have no more updates for Single Player

5 months have passed, they've fixed a series of bugs and now they've confirmed there is no longer any patches or DLC for the single player mode.

Not surprising but more to the point that it now closes the door on this game that even BioWare can't deny it's been an awful release that shattered the future of the game completely. Its never nice to see a decent franchise close down like this so soon after release of their latest game but I couldn't agree more that its the right business decision. There was little pull to the game for me. It wasn't horrendous but for AAA game to be 'okay' it needed more.

It will still have MP releases however, which will make the more missions available. Again, if it felt more fluid movement in MP then maybe I'd consider a return but I can't see any mechanics changing that make it smoother.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad thing here is that it could have been a really great game, the mechanics are good and the visuals are beautiful in some places.

Convoluted (and ultimately boring) story lines and repetitive tasks killed this game for me. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Sad thing here is that it could have been a really great game, the mechanics are good and the visuals are beautiful in some places.

Convoluted (and ultimately boring) story lines and repetitive tasks killed this game for me. 

The funny thing is repetitive tasks are what we all strive for but don't even realise. Many are masked with subtle storyline changes and different environments. But it has to be inviting and vibrant enough to make our brains tingle.

On another point, the EA Vice President has already moved on stating 'there's no reason why we can't make another Mass Effect'.

It'd have to HZD calibre to restore some faith in the series.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb