For Honor still has broken elements

GazzaGarratt

It's long so don't watch it unless you have 100 minutes spare. Just fast forward to the last 10 minutes or so. The guy from Poland who wins this season pretty much shows the game still has some fundamental flaws as he spams the 'Unlock Tech' ability which is a glitch to gain faster movement, faster blocks and faster attacks on a character than really shouldn't win tournaments.

Right near the end (1hr 39mins), what's hilarious is that the Community Manager is pretty pissed when he gives the trophy to the winner. He outlines 'you may have to rethink your playstyle soon' :lol: after the guy says it was easier than he expected to win the tournament.

Its a known bug he uses that has divided the For Honor community so I don't know why they stop everything and put all developers on this issue. This continues to damage this pretty awesome concept of a game.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Sennex said:

For Honor is a shooter?

I know its a weird fit. Where would you put it? It fits in the same type of these games but just substitute guns for swords.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

The massive 10k tournament that was just held had a winner win via exploit. Pretty shitty...

This weekend at fighting game For Honor’s big Season Three tournament for PC, a big, long-standing exploit forged one player’s path to victory. After the match, the victor stated: “I didn’t think it’d be this easy. . . Before the tournament, I hadn’t played the game for two weeks.”

For months, For Honor players have complained of a bug that makes attacks invincible. It’s called “unlock tech,” although “tech” is a generous interpretation. It prevents enemies from parrying certain attacks, so essentially, if the opponent is in range, they will always hit. Nobushi fighters have had a competitive edge because of this for over a month. A recent developer update read, “There are a number of situations where unlocking during an attack can cause it to become un-parryable by the opponent. Across the game, we’re currently working to remove this unintended behavior.” (In a May developer update, For Honor representatives acknowledged a broader issue with unlock tech and said that they were looking into it.)

In the finals, Winner Jakub “SB.Alernakin” Palen did not drop one set playing as a Nobushi fighter. His impressive strings of combos and lightning-fast punishes were made all the deadlier by his regular use of the exploit. Between matches, he’d giggle and crack his knuckles. Awarding Palen his trophy, For Honor’s creative director said, “Good job, buddy. Soon you may have to change your playstyle,” implying that the exploit will soon be patched out of the game. Palen’s prize was $10,000.

Over e-mail, a For Honor representative told Kotaku that the dev team is aware of the exploit and “will continue to improve the player experience based on feedback from the live game as well as our public test environments.” Late last month, publisher Ubisoft announced an update plan for the game, including bug patches and much-requested dedicated servers.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD