WWII One Week After Release...

J4MES OX4D

Even Wolfenstein: The New Colossus is a more realistic WW2 game:lol:

7c05648e49479501a1e745bc689b1a7802eabd12

Tweet from 3 weeks ago 

Completely contradictory quote from Sledgehammer the other day: 

“At least at launch they are going to be cosmetic only. We don’t know about after that. There was a lot of framing like, you know, during the launch window, we’re gonna keep it cosmetic only.

All these emotes and loot are period-specific. Even for that, they also said for launch window, it’s going to be period-specific. But you know, it might get whacky.”

9 hours ago, Greboth said:

And the counter for the number of people surprised by this news remains at 0.  No-one buys CoD for the realistic experience and it would be stupid to expect WWII to be any different.

I wasn't surprised but I do buy some games for a realistic experience. For some reason I just don't think they will mess up the cosmetics that early into the game. It would be such an own goal.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

16 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

"cosmetic only" will only last if sales of Supply Drops meet Activision's expectations. If they don't then guns will be getting shoved in there straight away.

The guns will come no matter what if the last few games are anything to go by along with the sheer greed of Activision regardless. They couldn't care what impact the guns or coloured camos have on the brand as they know they can mitigate any criticisms with a miniority spending reasonable money on supply drops that makes more money than any of the old CoD's made from base game sales. If cosmetics do well, the guns will come and if cosmetics do badly; guns will be introduced regardless for sure. 

12 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I wasn't surprised but I do buy some games for a realistic experience. For some reason I just don't think they will mess up the cosmetics that early into the game. It would be such an own goal.

Yeah, I mean Sledgehammer seemed to have put in a monumental effort in trying to create a respectful and serious tone for the whole product but pink and weed camos would just destroy everything they worked so hard in creating. It will no doubt happen but only once the post-release sales have peaked. It will probably be mid-December like when supply drops were added to MW:R which ruined that game. They buttered everyone up with a free map pack but then dropped the drop bombshell which changed and game completely and drove the majority away.  I'd give it until mid-December for WWII also before Activision do the same here as they have nothing to lose and supply drops make more money than the loss from alienating some season fans from buying the game. 

I'm not surprised and I don't really care tbh. I've never bought a cod because it's realistic but it would be nice if they didn't include all this shite.

As long as it plays well and the maps are good.