Replacing USB ports on PC

Drifter

Have been having issues with the dual USB ports on my PC for awhile. Now they are fully jacked up and need to be replaced. I've messed a round a bit with some parts in the past like changing PS units and such but never USB ports on the front of a PC. I looked it up online and it doesn't look to be all that hard. Is it a pretty straight fwd thing to do or is there anything I need to be really careful of when I do it?

If they are front mounted, then they will link to a section on the motherboard.

I couldn't find a decent pic of what I meant, so here is an amazon link

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-18-Inch-Internal-Motherboard-USBINT5PINMF/dp/B005G306UK/ref=pd_sim_147_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TB3HRNFK9GZNWPCT340P

You can see the long pins on the Male side of the cable there. On the MOBO they will be the same, my only caution is that they can bend easily, but they are hard as shit to actually break. If you do bend one, use a credit card to bend it back in line from as many angles as you can.

IDK if this makes sense

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I think I got what you're saying. So basically they are just mounted in the front panel and connected to the MB with the pin cable then correct?

I was concerned I'd have to remove something like the MB or some important stuff that I might screw up and you guys would never hear from me again because I'd be offline lol Sounds like maybe a pretty easy thing then.

Gonna have to do it for sure. I only have one port working now and I have to wiggle it like crazy to get it that one to even work.

Correct.

Depending on your exact case is going to determine the difficulty as they can be tucked away in some hard to reach places.  However in simple terms  it should be a case of disconnecting them from your motherboard and detaching them from the front of the case and then the reverse to fit the new ones.

Hopefully you don't break anything too badly so if you get stuck you can still post pictures :P 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png