PS4 5.0 Firmware Update

GazzaGarratt

The upcoming 5.0 firmware update still hasn't got a live date but sounds to be coming soon. From what I've read it will contain the following:

- updates to the console's master/sub account system (parent/child accounts with relevant privileges)

- a new web application to manage family accounts, and access parental controls/family membership options from your PC and smartphone

- the ability to follow any user

- the addition of notifications to the PS4's quick menu

- Twitch streaming at 1080p 60fps will be limited to those with the 5.0 firmware update using a PlayStation 4 Pro

- you will be able to follow anyone's account, similar to the system on Xbox One.

- minor changes include push notifications for events

- spectator comments on screen while broadcasting in VR mode

- the ability to link broadcasts to a PlayStation Community

- support for seven more languages: Czech, Thai, Greek, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Romanian and Hungarian

I wouldn't say this is a significant update for a .0 update if I'm honest. I don't have a Pro though so can't comment on that.

25 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Switching between apps is a pain the arse, YouTube to Twitch for example, they should try fixing that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Agreed, might start a separate thread about what we think should be updated going forward.

The streaming element seems the most significant change but with Destiny at 30fps and other games currently at a lower rate its not much use atm.

This firmware update goes live today. Probably a good thing for the notifications bar to be changed as it's been doing my head in of late.

On 3 October 2017 at 2:02 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

This firmware update goes live today. Probably a good thing for the notifications bar to be changed as it's been doing my head in of late.

Didn't notice any major differences yesterday, will keep an eye open today. I'm pretty sure I still have notifications switched off....I think we all know why :lol: