Rainbow 6 Pro League Dreams

Sweetandsour16

Way back when (a couple months ago) when I joined FG, Walker had promised me fame and fortune from Rainbow 6 via winning every pro league (liar).....

Well it turns out its not as easy as we thought and we're all in for quite the grind to become even competitive. For many of you who play Rainbow 6 the competitive game and meta is no where close to the same as the ranked meta, everything needs to be planned and when chaos hits its much more chaotic than in ranked. We quickly learned this in our first ever scrim against Nerva (a CCS giant) and lost 5-2 both maps (Oregon and Clubhouse)

Our second scrim I believe we lost 5-3 both maps but we made some serious progress on the defensive front which is definitely our strength. 

The maps we have chosen to really focus on and practice seem to be Oregon, Kafe, Bank, and Border or Chalet (haven't decided the last one) 

We are trying to get another scrim tonight and either me or Walker can update you all on how it went!

-SweetandSour.FG

Nice start at least getting 2/3 rounds per game. Be good to see some videos on how you progress.

What's the progression ladder? And sorry for being thick - and I also had to look up what scrim meant :D

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

14 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

What do you mean Lee? Not following, may be a difference in terms. 

After your practicing, do you enter a league or is it a ladder where you have to beat the team above and do the same until you reach the top?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

6 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

After your practicing, do you enter a league or is it a ladder where you have to beat the team above and do the same until you reach the top?

There are qualifier tournaments to get into "Challenger League" then if you win CL you get to play against the last place team from PL in a relegation match to move up to Pro League. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

18 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Got you. How big are the qualifying tournaments?

The tournament we are entering sunday for the Challenger League is only at 12 teams but last Sunday's Challenger League qualifier ended up having 49 teams to enter so essentially you'd have to win 24 games ha. It's a long shot for us to make it honestly but its a different part of the game we wanted to learn and participate in. There is also smaller tournaments popping up now so hopefully we can jump in one of those and be successful!