Wrestling game tips

My son is getting really into wrestling although he doesn't really watch it. He does watch some youtube stuff playing some of the games.

I bought WWE 2K16 to see how he gets on. My god, for once I'm completely lost with the controls.

Is there any simple beginner tips on what to press and do at certaim times? My son started out extremely frustrated because he couldn't work out what's going on. He's won a few now as I've took the AI recovery speed to the lowest it can be whilst on easy but surely it shouldn't be this hard to start?

Any help is great.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 8/6/2017 at 3:21 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

My son is getting really into wrestling although he doesn't really watch it. He does watch some youtube stuff playing some of the games.

I bought WWE 2K16 to see how he gets on. My god, for once I'm completely lost with the controls.

Is there any simple beginner tips on what to press and do at certaim times? My son started out extremely frustrated because he couldn't work out what's going on. He's won a few now as I've took the AI recovery speed to the lowest it can be whilst on easy but surely it shouldn't be this hard to start?

Any help is great.

2k16 was a little clunky with the controls, reversals are by far the most important aspect of the game. 2k17 changed the pace of the game for the better actually. In Wrestling the pace of the match is supposed to be slow like a chess match (also allowing for more entertainment) meaning all fighters should take damage. 2k17 allows for momentum changes with reversals better than 2k16. 

Basically my pro tip would be use your sons inevitable aggression against him, let him waste light attacks on you early and when he goes for the strong grapple moves use your reversals. You will quickly gain the upper hand and can control the pace! If you try to play it like on TV it becomes much more fun. 

Also do the Stone Cold story mode (if you watched wrestling in its prime '98-'01 its a walk down memory lane) it teaches you a lot about the mechanics

4 hours ago, Sweetandsour16 said:

2k16 was a little clunky with the controls, reversals are by far the most important aspect of the game. 2k17 changed the pace of the game for the better actually. In Wrestling the pace of the match is supposed to be slow like a chess match (also allowing for more entertainment) meaning all fighters should take damage. 2k17 allows for momentum changes with reversals better than 2k16. 

Basically my pro tip would be use your sons inevitable aggression against him, let him waste light attacks on you early and when he goes for the strong grapple moves use your reversals. You will quickly gain the upper hand and can control the pace! If you try to play it like on TV it becomes much more fun. 

Also do the Stone Cold story mode (if you watched wrestling in its prime '98-'01 its a walk down memory lane) it teaches you a lot about the mechanics

That's great, thanks Nick. I'll have to check out that Stone Cold story mode for him. He's only been playing quick 1v1 match and been doing better now he has things lower on difficulty.

He struggles to get back in the ring when he's out though. The controls do feel clunky.

4 hours ago, Rumelylady said:

Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad @SensaiNemesis

I thought this for some time :)

Is there a better Wrestling game thats easier on the PS4?

14 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That's great, thanks Nick. I'll have to check out that Stone Cold story mode for him. He's only been playing quick 1v1 match and been doing better now he has things lower on difficulty.

He struggles to get back in the ring when he's out though. The controls do feel clunky.

I thought this for some time :)

Is there a better Wrestling game thats easier on the PS4?

I always just used to sprint into the ring, it makes you slide under the rope lol the online manual on 2ks website gives some nice tips if i remember correctly. Also I'm pretty positive that is the only wrestling game made still. 

11 hours ago, Sweetandsour16 said:

I always just used to sprint into the ring, it makes you slide under the rope lol the online manual on 2ks website gives some nice tips if i remember correctly. Also I'm pretty positive that is the only wrestling game made still. 

Ah okay, so if he runs away and then runs directly at the ring he'll just slide right under the bottom rope? I'll have to see if I can get him to do that. Thanks.