Minecraft Cross-Play

GazzaGarratt

Started a new thread as the other got derailed. Will copy over the key inital info where it came from.

It went into beta today for PC, Android and Xbox. Switch won't get beta access although they are part of the live release.

The update adds features yet to appear on console - stained glass, parrots, coarse dirt and perhaps most importantly, world conversion.

PC folk can download the Minecraft Better Together Update beta now via the Xbox Insider App. On Android, it will be available to those who have already bought the game via the Google Play Store.

Worlds you have been building and playing on already will be present in the Better Together Update, and if you play with a world from Xbox One and Nintendo Switch then you'll get extra world generated for you when you reach the edge of your map.

Gotta be honest, Sony look like proper dicks not getting with cross-play on this and the longer it goes, the worse it'll get.

The Windows 10 thing is understandable even if a little annoying though it certainly opens up the possibilities and player base of MC.  WIth the use of servers I do like the idea of being able to play on PC or relax with a controller and play the same game.

I do agree about Sony too, the more that crossplay opens up the more switching to Windows 10 or getting an XB1 appeals to me.  I think there are certain games types / modes that will never work in cross play - mostly multiplayer FPS though co-op campaigns could be cross play.  Irrespective of that though MC as well as many other games work fine and should be cross play across all platforms.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png