What do you need in Destiny 2

TigerBurge

d2_story_heroic_03.jpg

With all the news that's came out in the past few weeks about D2 and after the beta. What do you need from Destiny 2? 

With what they are saying bout the amount of story and then patrols that's a big thing for me. I want story. My big thing is I want the exotics to feel like exotic to me. Sort of like year one exotics were. Let's be honest after the Y1 stuff the other exotics didn't really feel,well, exotic. The iconic gums we all wanted or needed wasn't really there after Y1. They did a good job on the exotic armor but the weapons were lacking. I want it fun again mostly. I want more straight forward guest like they did in Takem King. That was a huge step forward. So what do you want?

It was the patrol and tons of exploring that I've been looking for. Clearly a story to go with it will be ace. It's a game where most of us didn't mind too much that we didn't know the backstory because D1 was such a good game but i'm really keen on understanding where stuff came from, why people are fighting each other, what hidden secrets are behind the key NPC's.

As we all know Bungie, they have been good in the past to link up why things are said or seen in the game. Things like this would be amazing if they linked them to quests or hidden secrets to help you get some decent loot.

I don't have much of a problem with the game mechanics themselves, they could've left them alone for all I cared but its nice to see them trying to improve where possible as long as it doesn't come at the detriment of the gameplay going forward.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Raiding. I understand that my take on it is the minority but from the launch of Destiny I want to...

• Learn the raid.
  • Beat the raid.
  • Farm the raid.

That process really leaves me with being maxed out and sitting on my thumbs until the next expansion after about 2 months of playing. I loved being a Sherpa on Reddit but come reset day I will look to do the encounter 3 times before anything else. I am hoping that the raiding is a bit lengthier and with interesting mechanics. Destiny outside of Vault of Glass being the iconic raid of the game was all kind of the same to me (Can't complain about Wrath or King's Fall.)

Bullet Sponges. I hate them in general and think it's a mechanic for the lazy. Give me a boss that is hard as hell to learn and nail down, glass cannons, don't care.

Story. Destiny should have released a stand alone graphic novel or novel in general. The game's lore was insanely good and we had to depend on the community to compile Grimoire cards to talk about it, stupid move. We're not going to find out what the stranger really was about and will probably miss huge parts of lore that we wanted because they dicked around on it. 

More spontaneous community involvement. I want to see more people in the instance be forced to gather around and complete an objective. Don't give me more spider tanks, defending confluxes etc. Make us hunt down a wanted criminal across an entire planet, make us do more interesting encounters that force us together. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Honestly the raid is the least of my concerns. Bungie has it figured out when it comes to that. It's what to do after Tuesday reset that has left me wanting more through out the week. Plus if they keep the same system in place you can easily get leveled up and "raid " ready by doing the weekly stuff 

I know i'm kidding myself here but more than ANYTHING, I want a fireteam of 6 on patrol. With the amount of stuff to do in the exploration part and the fact you see many other guardians in the same session but just not in your fireteam, seems like the best move they could do right now is to raise it from 3 to 6.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I know i'm kidding myself here but more than ANYTHING, I want a fireteam of 6 on patrol. With the amount of stuff to do in the exploration part and the fact you see many other guardians in the same session but just not in your fireteam, seems like the best move they could do right now is to raise it from 3 to 6.

Four is my number. If they are going to do PvP in fours then all other stuff should be four. That way you don't have to ditch someone if you switch from pvp to pve. 

@The3rdWalker how would you suggest they not make bosses bullet sponges. Plenty of people say that but really have no input how to do that. Every type of game pretty much has bosses as bullet sponges. They added mechanics into strikes and people bitch about that. So the way I see it people are going to bitch either way they do it. 

5 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Four is my number. If they are going to do PvP in fours then all other stuff should be four. That way you don't have to ditch someone if you switch from pvp to pve. 

I get that and I mentioned to someone online the other day that I would settle for 4. It's just having a clan that will be extremely active and only having 1 thing to do for a number of months as a 6-stack unnerves me a little. We won't think about ot once we start though.

2 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

@The3rdWalker how would you suggest they not make bosses bullet sponges. Plenty of people say that but really have no input how to do that. Every type of game pretty much has bosses as bullet sponges. They added mechanics into strikes and people bitch about that. So the way I see it people are going to bitch either way they do it. 

I agree, all bosses have to take a shit load of bullets. I said that to @Baabcat when we did the beta. The thing is, when you've tasted the not so nice bullet sponges like The Division has, tue bosses in this always feel more diverse.

It's the scenario and mechanics of the fight that most people look for which I think the initial strike on the beta had.

Raiding. I understand that my take on it is the minority but from the launch of Destiny I want to...
  • Learn the raid.
  • Beat the raid.
  • Farm the raid.
That process really leaves me with being maxed out and sitting on my thumbs until the next expansion after about 2 months of playing. I loved being a Sherpa on Reddit but come reset day I will look to do the encounter 3 times before anything else. I am hoping that the raiding is a bit lengthier and with interesting mechanics. Destiny outside of Vault of Glass being the iconic raid of the game was all kind of the same to me (Can't complain about Wrath or King's Fall.)

Bullet Sponges. I hate them in general and think it's a mechanic for the lazy. Give me a boss that is hard as hell to learn and nail down, glass cannons, don't care.

Story. Destiny should have released a stand alone graphic novel or novel in general. The game's lore was insanely good and we had to depend on the community to compile Grimoire cards to talk about it, stupid move. We're not going to find out what the stranger really was about and will probably miss huge parts of lore that we wanted because they dicked around on it. 

More spontaneous community involvement. I want to see more people in the instance be forced to gather around and complete an objective. Don't give me more spider tanks, defending confluxes etc. Make us hunt down a wanted criminal across an entire planet, make us do more interesting encounters that force us together. 

a7a39b4be3ee0a341311e325b9751364.jpg

Via the FG App

11 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Mechanics, just as you said it. Add specific thresholds that have to be met in a certain time or you die. It's why I liked King's Fall, Vault of Glass and Wrath so much. I don't want a boss like you get in strikes where you hide behind a crate, get him down in 25% increments and watch him move to the other side of the room. Come to think of it, golgoroth sucked ass...

When it comes to Raids though, I stupidly thought they'd release 2 on launch because of how people grind the fuck out of this game. I want it to have great raids but with only one at launch and probably for a 4-5 months, It'll all be about the exploration.

I'm really hoping early doors we can go hunting for treasure maps. I can vision we just spend hours just working together to fin out the next step or where to go. Then sharing it here to help others. I want more togetherness so we can take everything and every one on at Destiny.

12 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

When it comes to Raids though, I stupidly thought they'd release 2 on launch because of how people grind the fuck out of this game. I want it to have great raids but with only one at launch and probably for a 4-5 months, It'll all be about the exploration.

I'm really hoping early doors we can go hunting for treasure maps. I can vision we just spend hours just working together to fin out the next step or where to go. Then sharing it here to help others. I want more togetherness so we can take everything and every one on at Destiny.

It's speculation that the first dlc will be the first Thursday in December. So three months isn't to bad. 

Destiny is an FPS but what sets it apart in my opinion is the puzzles in it.  Going blind in to a new raid trying to figure out what the hell is going on, working out the mechanics of the fight, how to beat the bosses.  Strikes can have some of the same elements too - was it the Restortative Mind strike with the placing the energy balls in the little tower things to get the boss to move around? Even patrol with things like the skyburner beacon which has you going around the Dreadnaught.  Give us something to begin with and less us figure out the rest.

Basically I don't want to stand there shooting bullet sponge bosses, I want puzzles and fights to have different mechanics to them.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Well that's pretty decent then. 3 months will flyconsidering the amount of stuff to explore on each planet.

I also want to nail raids this time round. Like be able to nail each type of role that's required. We have been lucky to have a few step up and do things like swordbearer, shields, etc but I'd like to learn each role and equally help others to do the same.

Based on this we need to develop our ability as a clan to assist more of each other. That also means if need / want help, you should feel comfortable in shouting up. If anyone has ideas how t capture this, let me know.

Via the FG App

2 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

It's speculation that the first dlc will be the first Thursday in December. So three months isn't to bad. 

Even if speculation, that's a solid timeline I could get behind. 

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

Basically I don't want to stand there shooting bullet sponge bosses, I want puzzles and fights to have different mechanics to them.

Amen sister.

On the bullet sponge bosses I think they have made solid progress in D1 in giving strike bosses mechanics (nexus revisited, that one Lee mentioned with the orbs, even septicus revisited) , but the first boss we see in the beta strike was a bullet sponge , just a bit of a concern that.

On raids I've raided like crazy the last few months and learned most of the roles that are called for in pretty much every raid, and mostly it's just about having a go. Some of these roles get built up to something special, but they ain't. I remember waiting in LFG groups for 'swordbeaerer needed' posts to be answered. Just have a bloody go. Takes hardly any time to get the timing sorted. You can do most stuff just fine without being beast at it and still win

My first impression of that strike was that it was poor.  Easy Easy Easy, bullet sponge, floor drops out, bullet sponge, floor drops out, bullet sponge.  I never actually completed it.  I really hope they have new interesting mechanics in the game, and not defend ghost while it opens a door.

I'd like bigger fireteams, where they have to split up to accomplish an overall task.  I'm sure it will be a laugh along the way though.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

43 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

My first impression of that strike was that it was poor.  Easy Easy Easy, bullet sponge, floor drops out, bullet sponge, floor drops out, bullet sponge.  I never actually completed it.  I really hope they have new interesting mechanics in the game, and not defend ghost while it opens a door.

1f914.svg

3 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Just have a bloody go.

I want that attitude across us all. Equally though, we need to better at giving people a break and help people. Even if it takes 2 fucking hours to nail a section so they learn or/and succeed in it.

Destiny 2 seems to have more various encounters and objectives that most could help each other on.

On top of all this I want to try as a group more creative ideas. Stuff we found some others did in D1 that was hilarious.

Oh, and of course who could forget the UK vs US speed raid. More of these things we can create ourselves.

23 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Oh, and of course who could forget the UK vs US speed raid. More of these things we can create ourselves.

As my birthday is July 4, I demand dual nationality for this! 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork