BIG update for FG website

Shortly, i'll be updating the forum and overall website. This a great update and opens up even more stuff that will take place. Check out the update here if you want to know more about all that's coming Invision Update 4.2

In short we get access to things such as:

On top of this I will be investing in the Pages and Commerce packages. That way we can start building specific pages for articles, similar to the blog but all accessible within FG, and allows us to start building a place for specific merchandise we all want to see. We will also follow on and add a new theme that will flow well with the update and keep in the promise that we made before to add more themes for everyone to use.

Please note - We WILL get some hiccups along the way. Please be patient as i'll doing what I can tonight to update the version an then work on the rest over the next few days.

Let me know what you think, make sure you highliight any bugs in the relevant threads and if you have any ideas of changes please PLEASE keep them coming. I can't say it enough, this is for ALL OF US. Make sure you shout up.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

From a theme perspective, we'll need to look at a slightly newer theme because this current theme isn't supported on 4.2 as of yet.

This test website has been set up to show you some themes called 'Behemoth' and 'Dreadnought' - Its a theme that can be completely Dark so look past the white forums background.

To change between each theme, scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Themes'. Then pick either Behemoth or Dreadnought to see how they compare.

Behemoth and Dreadnought Theme Test Website

What do you all think? Let me know ASAP because I can't upgrade until I have something I can manipulate straight away.

13 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

From a theme perspective, we'll need to look at a slightly newer theme because this current theme isn't supported on 4.2 as of yet.

This test website has been set up to show you some themes called 'Behemoth' and 'Dreadnought' - Its a theme that can be completely Dark so look past the white forums background.

To change between each theme, scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Themes'. Then pick either Behemoth or Dreadnought to see how they compare.

Behemoth and Dreadnought Theme Test Website

What do you all think? Let me know ASAP because I can't upgrade until I have something I can manipulate straight away.

I don't like the scanlines in Dreadnought but I like the fixed forum width. I don't like the white of Behemoth but like the style of it. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Okay. So I installed new update, little things you'll notice straight away, however the current default theme isn't fully optimised to work with the update so things such as 'likes' and some alignment are a few things you can't see anymore.

But, you can change to the 'Work' Theme and you'll see a lot of difference already. I'm looking into the Dreadnought theme. Please bear with me as I complete some updates.

Please also shout up if you see things not quite right.

Tapatalk is down - trying to update as soon as possible.

EDIT: It's still down and the tapatalk application won't load up. I've raised tickets with both Tapatalk and Invision. In the meantime the app or tapatalk won't work :(

I'll try and get it sorted ASAP. Grr.

This fucking Tapatalk is driving me nuts. Last 3 hours has gone by and no connection. I've managed to make some progress so i'm hoping I can keep looking at trying a few things to get it to work. Please be patient people if you're primarily use the android app or tapatalk

31 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

This fucking Tapatalk is driving me nuts. Last 3 hours has gone by and no connection. I've managed to make some progress so i'm hoping I can keep looking at trying a few things to get it to work. Please be patient people if you're primarily use the android app or tapatalk

I'd like to like that x10 but don't have the option, I think folk can wait and if they can't well,  I'll send the boys round innit.

You better be playing gaemz right now :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've raised a further ticket for tapatalk. I'll keep you all updated.

In the meantime, i've changed the default theme to Dreadnought whilst I fix issues. All the other themes are still available at the bottom of the page so you can change from this at any time. I'll be updating bits and pieces across the weekend so bear with me. Shout up whatever you see that may need doing or is good or bad or indifferent. Cheers

2 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

When I hit the new post button beside the thread it takes me to the first post, not the unread ones.

And is there an option to disable the notification box that pops up when you mark threads as read?

Not sure i get the same as you for new posts. I press the blue star on the unread section. Its probably because the plugin to go straight to last post needs updating. I need to update a few of them so you checking these things helps me work out what needs updating / fixing.

I marked a section read yesterday but didn't get that. Do you mean when you click ALL section read?

As above people, any comments, stuff you want, shout up. I'll install the pages soon now I've purchased it so if some people are interested getting involved in this stuff let me know.

On 28/07/2017 at 7:22 AM, Plumbers Crack said:

In the unread content section, the preview/first part of the body text is grey where it used to be white which makes it difficult to read. It was alright before so may just be formatting 

Also, on the iPad,using Safari I haven't got any "Like" buttons

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Also, on the iPad,using Safari I haven't got any "Like" buttons

Change your theme at the bottom to 'Dreadnought'. Then like :D

Don't worry about the profile completion for now. I need some time to look into it as if you complete it, it stays at 0% for me.

I configured everyone over to this theme now but if you don't like it the others are still available and will remain that way. If you don't like let me know what you don't like about it.

I'll see what if i can do tonight based on what you guys said so far.