Matchmaking

GazzaGarratt

I'll just put it out there - we have some great nights but for us to win and win well as anything more than a 4 stack we all need to be on our game.

I'm starting to think for the likes of most of us that don't really use tactics because we're not uber serious leads to 3 stacks being the optimum.

4 or more and this is when @crispymorgans critical view of diamonds on the opposite side come in. Mainly because they're within a 4 stack as well so they are far more co-ordinated.

Tldr - we actually need to talk and communicate more. Also have some kind of tactics. Not that matchmaking sucks.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

A good player can lift an entire team. Average team score is a poor way to match make. A good Genji for example can make everyone's life a misery.

Via the FG App

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

In reality one good player can't carry a team, we suffer with it but we don't tend to focus fire.  Were you on the night when we got badly beaten as there was a good Genji on the other team.  The next round though we got matched with the same team, focused fired Genji until they changed character and we won.

That isn't to say the matchmaking is perfect because it isn't, I just don't know enough of how it works to provide any constructive criticism.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Last night was another example of a night starting so well as a 3/4 until a few more shown up and we just went on the shittest losing streak.

I didn't think we were playing that badly either but clearly we are just less co-ordinated when it comes to a full party.

If we're going to win more as a 6, we need to be better at switching to different characters based on either the scenario or the meta of the opposition.

Via the FG App

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Last night was another example of a night starting so well as a 3/4 until a few more shown up and we just went on the shittest losing streak.

I didn't think we were playing that badly either but clearly we are just less co-ordinated when it comes to a full party.

If we're going to win more as a 6, we need to be better at switching to different characters based on either the scenario or the meta of the opposition.

Via the FG App

Completely agree, I don't want to see us splitting up parties so we only have three. I think we should give proper team work a go and get better at communication.

Like I said last night, this isn't meant to be fun 😉

I mean yea i have said it a million times but, when we are a 3 or 4 in any combination really, we always kill it and win at least 80% of games. Its because the step up to playing another team of 6 is too much right now

cba

14 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

We should probably list somewhere who each of us can play as to a good standard

I like this idea. Alot. We sort of know who sort of plays who but if we seen this in a list we could probably work put what our key plays are based on who we are.

Lets face it. We won't set the world alight but we could and should be up above 2500. That goes for all of us.