Ready for mobs?

BO7H B4RRELS

Just so folks know, I was leaving mobs off so folks could catch up to where they were on the last server.

If we wait much longer to turn them on, then folks currently in will have a massive advantage over those not joined yet

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'd say turn them on anyway, for me to get back to last server is going to take a week or two more of collecting resources to even begin building.  Nevermind how long it will take to collect enough resources to finish the build.

As for anyone that hasn't joined being disadvantaged.  I don't think so really, it's a community server and I am happy to share my spare resources with anyone.  Especially as I made the repair talisman last night so I wont need to keep making tools.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

If you turn mobs on will the f7 function be disabled? Given the hours I've put in creating this space I'd rather finish making it safe!

Also, you mention about the three of us having a massive advantage...I didn't appreciate that this was a competitive game?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

That server was only up for 6 days. If it takes anyone 1 -2 more weeks to get caught up to that, then they need to play more LOL

It was a perfect combination for me, MC server went live while I was off work with nothing to do mixed with getting a silk touch pick meant I could mine and instantly build.  This time around, I've played a lot but nothing like the time I did the first week mixed with having to smelt everything is adding extra time.  At a rough estimate, since the new server has gone up I've collected about half the resources I had and done no building.  This isn't a complaint, just highlighting that it would be silly to wait until everyone is back where they were.

46 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

If you turn mobs on will the f7 function be disabled? Given the hours I've put in creating this space I'd rather finish making it safe!

Also, you mention about the three of us having a massive advantage...I didn't appreciate that this was a competitive game?

F7 function? I just tried it and it did nothing.

Edit: Googled it, ohhh I never knew yu could do that.

50 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

ITs not, but you will be in a better position to survive the night, versus someone that starts this weekend.

Also, F7 will always work

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I feel like we are cheating. I like the mad scramble of getting will before the first nightfall. Get a shelter up and trying to survive. I feel like we are jumping straight to the thrive part.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Just start it Bart. No need to wait for me. I'm trying to play a million and one games each night at the moment. I'll be on it soon, I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

I'll try and get on later in the week. Or late tomorrow :D

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Server is restarting now.

Monsters are live.

If creeper explosions damage things, let me know. I turned that off, but need to test it still

4 hours ago, Sennex said:

ITs not, but you will be in a better position to survive the night, versus someone that starts this weekend.

Also, F7 will always work

I'd actually argue the contrary somewhat, obvious we will be a in a better position but compared to when we started? anyone new is sorted.  The spawn chest has beds, tools, armour etc. in so they will be set up straight away.  I know we started in peaceful but it isn't like anyone new joining is defenseless when they join.

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

Server is restarting now.

Monsters are live.

If creeper explosions damage things, let me know. I turned that off, but need to test it still

Nice one. Just everybody roll with it. :D

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb