Thankful to be back home!

Drifter

I went to the ER Friday morning and they took me right into surgery. Had an internal hernia a twisted intestine and appendix removed then spent 3 days in the hospital. Came home yesterday and still very sore because of the big incision and about 15 staples but other than that I'm getting around and hope to be back to normal with in the next 2 weeks. Was not a fun thing at all but I am glad to finally not have to worry about these stomach issues I have been having for the past 4 years any longer.

Geez Steve! Glad to hear you're home now. That must've been a horrible pain to go through, you really need to make sure you make the most of chilling out and getting some rest before you go and start building your next project. Did they confirm that's why you've been having pain for that many years?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Wasn't fun in the least bit Tommy. I HATE hospitals with a passion. I actually had to pretty much check myself out yesterday because they wanted me to stay one more day. I told them NOPE (as I was putting my street clothes back on lol)

Gazza- yep that's what all the pain the past 4 yrs was from. I've pretty much literary lived every day for the past 4 yrs in some level of pain with some days so bad I could not even stand upright or get out of bed. They did a CT and then took me into surgery and said the hernia was a deep one and then the hernia actually caused the intestine to wrap around it so the days were the pain was real bad was probably when the hernia was protruding more than the other days. Then my appendix he said was bruised so best to get that out while they had me opened up to avoid any issues down the road.

So the good thing is once I heal up fully from this it will be the first time in 4 yrs I will finally be able to live with no pain :) plus while I was there they did all the blood work and scans as well as a EKG and everything on those looked good so always good to know everything else is working well.

It might sound weird saying this but at least now you had this you can live without any pain in your stomach going forward which is an absolute win. You'd have hoped there was an easier to way to get rid of all that pain though.

Good to hear you're on the mend Steve :)

IWlg78.jpg

Doing water changes on the tanks in the basement... Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ... "supposed" to be taking it easy. Well layin in bed like a sick person never has worked for me. I always believe the body follows suit of the mind and happy mind = faster healing body. Also got out and walked probably 1/2mile today as well B)

Ouch! I remember when I had appendicitis and had to have stomach surgery to have my appendix removed and spent 3 days in hospital as I was in such a shit state. Feeling was amazing once it was done and dusted with and looking back; I dunno how I got through it the state I was in leading up to getting admitted to hospital. Just hope that I don't have any other internal issues like this or what you went through as it's horrible living with such problems and then horrible as hell requiring surgery. 

Damn dude, glad you're ok and back home "resting". I can't stand hospitals either but that's amazing that you'll have no more stomach issues though. 4 years is a long time to be going through something like that.

11 hours ago, Drifter said:

qUHbVn.jpg

In case ya can't tell, I'm getting really bored sittin' around recovering :/

Ha! Nice Steve....but you do you can finish The Last of Us if you can't do too much!!