This looks superb. Everyone is saying it based on Assassin's Creed Black Flag and can honestly say the ship elements in the game made it so good.

It does look near carbon copy of those bits barring some PvP combat when onboarding another ship.

There's something very satisfying preparing your cannons and unleashing the fury into another ship's stern. Already looks a definite must have.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I said when Black Flag was out if they make a stand alone pirate game I will buy it Day One. I spoke with the community manager for Skull and Bones and was told these would be on DEDICATED SERVERS, not P2P! They may have learned from the For Honor debacle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

A little unnerving to read tonight that it may have pay to win transactions. The developer wasn't committal on the exact answers when asked about microtransactions. Whilst saying they desired to step away from the pay to win methodology they've not outright confirmed what type of microtransactions will be in the final game. Hmmm, I really Ubishaft don't fuck this game up

I was looking forward to seeing how this panned out but doesn't look like it's coming out till 2020 now [emoji20]

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-17-ubisoft-delays-open-world-pirate-adventure-skull-and-bones
I'm with Rob on the fact that although it's disappointing to wait, you'd rather have a better game at launch. They must take some clear learning from Sea of Thieves as it will always be compared to this when it does come out.
Sea of Thieves is pretty awesome right now [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Has it got more variety to it now Phil? I do miss it and could do another night on it if you think it's worth it? I may need to post a new thread on previous updates to see what I've missed.

Part of me feels still like I wish I didn't know about this game so early. Might be a general thing so maybe worth a new thread of my thoughts.

Just really wanted this game sooner and whilst I agree with the views above, it puts me in a sad mood and thinking will I ever play it as other games will likely be out by the time this is good. Bah.

Part of me feels still like I wish I didn't know about this game so early. Might be a general thing so maybe worth a new thread of my thoughts.

Just really wanted this game sooner and whilst I agree with the views above, it puts me in a sad mood and thinking will I ever play it as other games will likely be out by the time this is good. Bah.
Let's do a Sea of Thieves night :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

49 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Let's do a Sea of Thieves night :)

Cool with me. I'll check what the score is at home this week and next.

from what i saw it is pretty much the same game with the one they showed all those years ago, so why is it still not out yet all these years later?

also it looks very uninspired, boring, bland and monetized to hell and back and the cluttered ui, my god...

it seems that anyone who wants to get their pirate fix will either have to play sea of thieves or ac4/rogue

I saw bits of the 'gameplay' (lol) event and the game looks even less ambitious than the already generic as fuck Assassin Creed games. There's no fighting during boarding which defies conceptual belief! They've basically taken Black Flag and stripped 90% of the game. Sea of Thieves had many issues at launch but even that had basic features you'd expect and eventually flourished into a pretty well-rounded experience. This is barebones by even Ubisoft's already shitty standards.

Complete waste of time and another pile of shit incoming from the company that is making XDefiant, Ghost Recon BR and The Division Heartlands. Even a decade ago, Ubisoft showed way more originality and ambition with their games. This is another dreadful showing.

At E3, being given unrestricted access to this game it was probably one of my most looking forward to games ever. But that was in 2018, who knows if it's even the same game as before. I don't care personally about fighting on deck, as I was looking to this like a world of warships/ black flag.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I think this lost any momentum it had due to the delay and lack of info.  Plus, Sea of Thieves has been out for a while now.  I'm not too sure how it's fairing but this is also a ubisoft game.  I think this will be a hard pass from me.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I forget sometimes that many of these games now are being made for children, with extra features to make collecting extra revenue from in game purchases. When I say children I mean adult children.

Probably explains why I prefer more hardcore tactical games these days when it comes to multiplayer.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I forget sometimes that many of these games now are being made for children, with extra features to make collecting extra revenue from in game purchases. When I say children I mean adult children.

Probably explains why I prefer more hardcore tactical games these days when it comes to multiplayer.

I still can't work out why they sell boosters in each of their in-game stores - would make more sense if they allowed the player to choose the XP scaling for the experience they want and then maybe people would be more inclined to buy the DLC and future games. For the sake of making £10 here and there out of people paying not to play the game because the story is basically paywalled, they'd be much better off in all fronts if they didn't try and hold people to ransom further that bought their games.