Destiny 2 Beta and New Release Dates

GazzaGarratt

Destiny 2 Beta Dates have been confirmed and there will be a period of Open Beta so you DON'T have to pre-order if you want to try it out. Also the launch date is now 2 DAYS EARLIER - September 6th.

Beta Dates

July 18th - Playstation Beta

July 19th - Xbox Beta

July 21st - Open Beta for both Playstation and Xbox

July 23rd - Beta Closes

Late August - PC Beta

Launch Dates

September 6th - Playstation and Xbox

October 24th - PC

Hyped for long beta. Will post later what's available unless someone can grab the details?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

8 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

6 weeks of beta??. Then about 10 days to launch? Doesn't seem right and the beta is too long, should be an appetiser, say 10 days

Its a beta for 6 days on playstation Dave.

July 18th-23rd

When Does the Destiny 2 Beta Start?

Bungie has revealed its plans for the Destiny 2 beta, stating that the multiplayer beta for the game would be available for those who pre-order the game starting July 18 at 10 am PDT,

but only on the PlayStation 4. 

The Destiny 2 beta will then open up for Xbox One pre-order purchasers a day later on July 19,

before opening up to everyone, no matter if they pre-ordered the game or not, on July 21 at 10 am PDT.

The Destiny 2 beta will end on July 23 at the same time.

A PC Destiny 2 beta is currently being planned for August, with Bungie stating that they would have more information on this soon. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

25 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

When Does the Destiny 2 Beta Start?

Bungie has revealed its plans for the Destiny 2 beta, stating that the multiplayer beta for the game would be available for those who pre-order the game starting July 18 at 10 am PDT,

but only on the PlayStation 4. 

The Destiny 2 beta will then open up for Xbox One pre-order purchasers a day later on July 19,

before opening up to everyone, no matter if they pre-ordered the game or not, on July 21 at 10 am PDT.

The Destiny 2 beta will end on July 23 at the same time.

A PC Destiny 2 beta is currently being planned for August, with Bungie stating that they would have more information on this soon. 

Moved to relevant pinned and featured thread.

What you should expect:

Homecoming: The opening mission and cinematics from Destiny 2’s Campaign.

Countdown: Enter the Crucible to battle other Guardians in a brand new mode. Attack or Defend the base on a new map custom-built to support this new game type.

Control: The original standard for Crucible combat is back, with some impactful changes. Control the zones on another new map built with this objective in mind.

The Inverted Spire: Strike at the heart of a Vex stronghold. Bring two willing allies, or let Matchmaking introduce you to a Fireteam of Guardians.

New Subclasses: The new fighting style for each Class will be at the ready. Choose from the Dawnblade Warlock, Arcstrider Hunter, or Sentinel Titan.

The Farm: For one hour, on Sunday, July 23, we’re inviting you to tour the new social space in Destiny 2. Starting at 10AM Pacific, you’re welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. Our goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.

What you should not expect:

Clan Support: It’s true that Clans will be supported in Destiny 2, but those features are not a part of this test.

Character Progression: You’ll receive rewards for defeating your enemies – be they Cabal, Vex, or other Guardians – but the Beta does not represent how your characters will evolve in Destiny 2.

Character Continuity: Destiny 2 is a fresh start. Nothing we do in the Beta will carry over to the final version of the game on September 6. Of course, for every rule, there is an exception…

6 minutes ago, Sennex said:

6:00pm Butt Sex Time?

dafuq is BST?

The only place that time gets mentioned is at @Diddums house.

To everyone else it's British Summer Time or commonly known to as GMT+1.

BE AWARE - A patch has just come out on top of the preloaded beta download so make sure you get the update as soon as you can!

No details to why its there - I suppose they're fixing things before they even go live!

7 minutes ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

I might have completely missed this but do I need  to preorder to get a beta code to download this? 

If you want to play from today, yes. Just pre-order on Amazon, as you don't have to pay for it.

Everybody can play though from Friday so you'll get 6 days instead of 3 if you pre-order.

We made sure last night a few people that hadn't, just quickly did it and got a code.

I've come to expect day 1 patches on release but a day 1 patch for a beta seems excessive :lol: 

I'll make sure I get the update going as soon as I get home but I wont be playing until about 9 ish.  I expect the servers to be dead at launch but hopefully they will have calmed down a little by the time I come to play.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

So......

- Wife is ill.

- Probably gonna have to sort kids to get to bed

- Monthly food shopping is being delivered between 6-7 (WHEN IT GOES LIVE)

- I'm still not home yet.

FFS. That is all.

1 hour ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

Well...

Preordered. Got a code. Entered code.

"Code has already been used or may have expired"

Awesome....

Not cool. Did you put the code into Bungie.net first to get a Playstation Code?

57 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Not cool. Did you put the code into Bungie.net first to get a Playstation Code?

Yep it's failing at the bungie stage. Bungie saying it's an issue from amazons side and amazon saying it's an issue from Bungies side. :angry:

APmVvKG.gif

On 18/07/2017 at 11:07 PM, JBR-Kiwi said:

Yep it's failing at the bungie stage. Bungie saying it's an issue from amazons side and amazon saying it's an issue from Bungies side. :angry:

Kiwi, now it's open to all have you downloaded and tried it at all?