Twilight Forest / Resource World

Sennex

Several things about our "Resource world"

1. I will reset it once every 1-2 months.
  2. DO NOT BREAK THE FLOWERS AROUND THE PORTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. I don't recommend building a base there that you dont' mind losing
  4. DO NOT BREAK THE FLOWERS AROUND THE PORTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Set a waypoint as soon as you spawn into the world. The world is small, only 1000x1000. This saves us diskspace and what not. but you can still get lost
  6. DO NOT BREAK THE FLOWERS AROUND THE PORTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Feel Free to Demolish everything. EXCPT THE PORTAL FLOWERS

If you break the portal flowers, you run the risk of closing the portal. Then I get to fix it, by creating a new portal to a different area, and trying to reconnect the two... I'll probably just end up leaving you there to sort out life in the forest 

All of this also includes the flowers near the portal in the main world.

Xuk3Ijk.png

aQ8J2yC.png

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Nice Bart :) I can't believe the amount of work you have put in to this.

Time to get my proper house build (outside of the spawn protection :P) and then get to some strip mining.  On the subject of mining and resources - the chests in my house are for my stuff but anything in the chests under the house are free for anyone.  Loads of coal for torches, pretty good amount of iron if you want to build tools or armour etc.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

They get you to other words, in this it just a resource world so we can go to it mine it, destroy everything (except the portal!) as much we want or need without a concern for how it looks thus keeping our current world looking picturesque :) If no-one has by the time I get home, I'll go to the world and start a strip mine off as it is the easiest and quickest way to harvest materials.

3 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:
Okay. I'll ask a dumb question....why does breaking the flowers (I promise I won't) risk closing the portal?

Because thats how it was programmed. It doesn't make sense but it is what it is

Via the FG App

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

@GazzaGarratt It is the most efficient way to mine in Minecraft, the simplest way to explain it is with this picture, with white being tunnels and grey being rock: https://goo.gl/images/y2l6rk You can therefore see at least one side of every block without having to mine every block.

Generally though, stuff is grouped together so your tunnels can be 3 or 4 blocks apart and still have a good chance of finding stuff.  You can read a lot more here: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Mining

I generally stick to branch mining simply as I find it the easiest to navigate but others may find a different method best.

I branch mine in resource worlds, but strip mine in the main world. Typically because I will use the resources for building, as well as the cleared out space.

I branch mine in resource worlds, but strip mine in the main world. Typically because I will use the resources for building, as well as the cleared out space.

I strip mine and use the materials as well.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Probably not.

if you want to put the coords here I can look at it later

I don't know about anyone else but it isn't mine, with the exception of stuff for mining (crafting table, chests etc.) I haven't built anything in the resource world - I didn't see the point.  Nice find though as worth taking the rails and stuff out of them if nothing else :)

On a side note - how long will we keep this resource world for before resetting it?

Bart, is there anyway the border can be made visible in the first person view when you're roaming this world? It actually goes halfway through a fortress to the South and also a stack of polished blocks somewhere else. I get stuck on it  and I can't get away, it's a /back job to get released. I know it's not a huge world but it can be a PITA!

When are you plannining a respawn? Are you able to swap the eucalyptus trees for something else...pink wood..euk!! :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

There is not. I looked for a solution to this for a while back when we made the server. It annoys the shit out of me that it can't be seen as my house is right next to it