Server Rules

Sennex

So, as a group lets work on this.

Trying to not be as strict as most servers, and not as freeformed as others

1. Clearly mark your build area!

2. Respect other peoples build area's. Don't just wander into someones house. Ask first before you build within sight of someone.

3. Don't destroy the terrain just because you can. (Example: Dylan liked to set trees on fire to mark the way to his house....)
  4. Replant Tree's - unless its in your build area. If you can't replant the massive trees that are everywhere because you dont have the saplings, don't chop them down. You will get the recipe eventually. (NOTE The saplings you get from logging are not the ones you need to regrow the larger massive trees.)
  5. No Single block towers
  6. No single block wide bridges/ roads in the sky
  7. Be careful with the pranking and trolling. It sucks to be working on something niceonly to have your neighbor building a massive Pikachu in the sky.
  8. Don't kill Villagers! People can trade with them
  9. Don't build Villager Farms. They crash servers
  10. Don't build mob spawners. Unless handled right, they crash servers. I will work on one at the spawn once everything else gets sorted.
  11. Don't build massive animal farms..... See above
  12. If you loot from villagers, take the chest as well, so others don't think stuff is there

How's this look to you all? 

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I literally have no clue so it works for me too!

One question, the single block roads - how wide are they usually. Would be good to understand common templates on how to basic stuff like that.

Sounds good, the only thing I wasn't doing was replanting but I had loads of seeds so it would be easy to do.

Edit: If large animal farms would crash the server I assume redstone automatic farms and cookers etc would too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Should I ask Dylan if he wants to join in? He's been back online recently.

Actually maybe make 'Inviting Dylan' an instant ban offence would be a better idea[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Should I ask Dylan if he wants to join in? He's been back online recently.

Actually maybe make 'Inviting Dylan' an instant ban offence would be a better idea[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Get him back on the forum and tell him providing he eats Jam sandwiches that have 'My name is Dylan' printed on them whilst he plays.

I think those 2 conditions aren't too difficult to achieve?

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I literally have no clue so it works for me too!

One question, the single block roads - how wide are they usually. Would be good to understand common templates on how to basic stuff like that.

So, some folks build a column of dirt way up above tree's, and then build a single block wide road of dirt stretching across the sky. Its hard for mobs to spawn up there, so I get why they do it, but it really makes things look like shit. Thats what I was referencing in the rules.

Most roads that I build are 5-7 blocks wide. 5 would be out and about in the world. 7 if its a main highway, or if its in town.

Here are examples of styles that I tend to build

https://www.google.com/search?q=minecraft+road&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS738US738&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_3quvtqnUAhVD4CYKHUkjDCsQ_AUICigB&biw=1384&bih=767#tbm=isch&q=minecraft+medieval+road+designs

This is something that I will handle on my own. You guys don't have to help at all.

My plan is to do a N <-> S artery, and an E <-> W artery directly out from the spawn to the World Border. If people want to build branches off of it, or have me do them, thats fine. I will just do the main ones as its a ton of work, I will do it in creative mode, and if it follows a pattern then it tends to look better.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

That sounds good, I assume the N/S and E/W artery will begin at the big tree? Being that you want it to be a feature of spawn.  I was thinking going by the google search you provided in the other thread, we could build something like this for the main spawn with the tree in the middle;

https://minecraftbuildinginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Courtyard-Hub-4-Portals-minecraft-spawn-building-download-world-save-creative-survival.jpg

though maybe with some water in the middle too, like this;

http://www.schematicstore.com/shopdata/647/sales/efceaddef266a4394b6a085d4f6214ce.png

Even if I have to do it in survival I don't mind.  Once the simple base that you can survive with is built then the fun is building proper stuff.

The first pic is a hub for a Multi-craft world. I like the idea of it, but it wouldn't work well for us. Something similar though is my plan

The second pic is closer to what I was thinking. 

I will actually draw a plan up at lunch and post it.

2 hours ago, Sennex said:

The first pic is a hub for a Multi-craft world. I like the idea of it, but it wouldn't work well for us. Something similar though is my plan

The second pic is closer to what I was thinking. 

I will actually draw a plan up at lunch and post it.

I didn't mean have a multicraft world, just a building like it with the exists going North, South, East and West.

Something like this is what I was thinking:

34330166143_d0de3c079c_o.jpg

My scale is all wrong hence I gave up with half way through but you get the idea.  Obviously too don't just need to use plain stone, grey was just an easy colour to show the design.  Housing could then go around the outisde of these walls, like you get with towns around the outside of castles sort of thing.

thats very close to my idea actually

We can't have the tree at the center though. It has to be offset. Otherwise the server will spawn people at the top of it, and then they can't get down.

Which, I will admit, could be really funny

8 minutes ago, Greboth said:

:lol: yeah that could be a problem!  So move the big tree to one side, maybe plant a second one too? As I think it could look unbalanced with just one huge tree.  Then have a little pagoda thing in the middle?

Sounds like a garden makeover programme....bring on Tommy Walsh and Charlie Dimmock!!!! :lol:

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I can plant other massive trees

Anyone can with the recipe.

Just give warning, as occasionally shit goes sideways

You all can even cut them down, but I will warn you, that DOES cause a crash. You will never run out of wood, and the canopy won't break apart, but you could do it..... please don't... it takes hours to fix/ clean up

If my son can stay alive in one, then you lot should be able to LOL

Also, as cool as they are, they suck ass to build

• Sennex pinned and featured this topic

Need to clarify a rule. See OP

While not literally building on top of, Greboth is building figuratively on top of tommys build.

The map is 3100x 3100.

I can make it bigger if we need to. That is more than enough room that the few of us here dont' have to build on top of each other.

Tommy didn't say anything when it started, and it is to far along now to be moved, but we all need to be more mindful of where our neighbors are, and ask them before breaking anything near them. None of us know what the other has planned for an area without talking.