Minecraft User Name Thread

Sennex

10 minutes ago, Sennex said:

Knowing what I know about Tommy, I say no.

We dont need another claim jumper on the server :lol:

Lolz

I'm cool with it too Tommy.

I did, i might have spelled it wrong though, I will check later on tonight

if you can't get in, then I definitely spelled it wrong.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

@Mikepjbell @Amnotright @Misneach_ @LordBaguette

You guys want to look at this and make an appearance? There's a community build that is ongoing and you can find a home for yourself too when you're on. Just take a look at the installation and rules threads pinned in Minecraft.

If you do and can jump on, respond here as Bart will need to whitelist you.

On 27/11/2017 at 4:30 AM, Misneach_ said:

@gazzagarrat I’ll get on it eventually, just need to re learn how to download the adding we need to play on the server. It’s a pain in the ass being a Mac owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You tried this Matt? Install JDK on MAC info

Do we still have a minecraft server?
No, we didn't renew because when we asked in another thread the consensus was there wasn't the interest atm to pay another $120 for another year.

I've always said we should have more servers and more games active but it would need to be funded through all of us.

Plus, now we'd need someone that actually can set them up if you catch my drift.

What you thinking Crispy?

Alex is getting into mods and stuff on minecraft. Might be nice to have a cheap server pin a power month basis. But we need an active player base or it may as well be single player.

Via the FG App

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

Might be nice to have a cheap server pin a power month basis.

Sorry Crispy, I tried Google translate but nada...what did you mean to say? 😂

When the server closed, the only reasonably active players were me, Greboth and, occasionally, Bart

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

4 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Server on a per month basis.

Via the FG App

OK that makes sense now...right, I’m not very techy but I’ll put this out there...is it possible to set up an older PC as a server with a fixed port address that is only on at certain times (when Alex is allowed to use it) that 2 or 3 of us could also log into? I’m guessing as it’s a server it doesn’t need a fancy GPU? 

I’m still playing and after playing modded I’m quite enjoying playing vanilla 1.13.  I actually joined a patreon server as it’s only a few quid a month but it’s a world with 50+ active players so always something going on.

Dave, that is an idea and one maybe we could look in to.  Specs for servers of a few people aren’t that high.  Also I wonder, could you host a multiplayer world and play that world on the same PC.  As it would save having a older/seperate PC acting as server.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I’ve  had a dabble with 1.13 as well...dying and losing everything is a pain in the arse as is not being able to teleport but I think I actually prefer not being able to use the EE mod

I think you should be able to play and host at the same time but I imagine you’d need a better spec machine than my lappie and also play around with the router settings to allow incoming access...Crispy is an IT guru so should be able to pass comment on these thoughts.

I haven't played MC since MS took over.  Might be interested in trying it again.

What are MineCraft Realms?  Are they simply just servers hosted by MS? Could they be an option on a monthly basis if everyone who uses them splits the cost?

Also, are you guys playing Windows aka Java Edition?  Or are some of you W10 Store / Xbox based?