Morning you beautiful FGers.

I've implemented some new features surrounding Calendar events. Now we have a calendar and currently we have some release dates and we've made a few events on there which has worked to some small success.

We now have the following calendars when anyone wants to update game releases or/and create an event for us to play together:

• Game Releases - add any game release dates you are aware of. This doesn't just have to be me!
  • Destiny Calendar - for any events or key dates for Destiny
  • Overwatch Calendar - for any events or key dates for Overwatch
  • Rainbow 6 Calendar - for any events or key dates for Rainbow 6
  • Community Calendar - shows birthdays and should be used to create ANY event related to other games

Now, once you find the confidence to create an event (which is really easy to do), make sure you enable RSVP so people can let you know if they can make it, can't make it or they are 'Maybe'.

Once it is created 2 things will happen:

1. A new topic thread will be created every time an event is created. If you create it on the relevant calendar it will be created in the relevant sub-forum. This is also beneficial for people only viewing through the App as they cannot see the calendar but there will be a link you can directly go to the event to say if you can make it or not. Any  'Community' game e.g. Cards Against Humanity, will feature in the General Gaming section.
  2. Having connected the forum to our FG Discord server, it will also create a notification in the relevant sub-discussion so it works similar to LFG but our own personal FG one.

I'm hoping you can all try it out. Even if it's just for a few of you. It would be great to show this off, especially with the tons of games we play and Destiny 2 on the horizon.

Let me know what you think FG.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

How do you think these are going? Do they help? It would be good to get some feedback on them as I think they could work but probably needs some more input and a little more promotion.

Can you guys shout up and tell me what you want organising over the next month.

GTA, Destiny, OW, Rainbow, black ops 3, Cards Against Humanity, or whatever. Just let me know and I'll look into arranging nights.

Alternatively, if you want to have a go at making an event, feel free and just ask if you get stuck.

So there's a really cool reminder tool for events that I didn't notice before that has come with the update.

Once you click 'Going' to the event you can see a 'Set Reminder' button at the top of the event so you can receive an email that will remind you about the event however many days before you've selected.

At least then it doesn't feel like you won't know until the last minute about an event that's been up for some time.