FG Minecraft Server

The3rdWalker

5 hours ago, Greboth said:

Downloaded and installed and everything seems to be working fine.  Though I have a couple of questions;

1. Does Ovus rustic redemption in the resource packs folder need to be unzipped? As jstr universal is already in the FG zip file but the ovus zip isn't

2. I quickly launched in to a survival to check everything works.  I get all the names of things, whether I can mine it etc so assuming everything is fine.  Though when I go in to my inventory I have everything, every block, weapon, item etc all selectable on the right hand side.  I assume this is one of the mods but can it be disabled? or is it just a case if its there just don't use it.

No. The Unzipped file was me playing around with making a custom John Smith. Just leave it or delete it, up to you, but I do believe its active so maybe leave it.... I don't know, Its early and I don't have any coffee

you are either in CREATIVE mode or simply checking out the NEI interface. Can you post a screenshot? I can better answer then

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Just a couple of things from me.

1) ìf everyone who was interested can contribute over the next week we can then work out how long the server can be supported for. Based on the 1 donation so far everything could get started which was great, thanks for that.

2) I'll be looking to get it on my laptop. Can we have a simple shopping list of what I or anyone else needs to get? Just so I can buy/download the right things. I can then contribute to the cause once I know the total outlay.

Lee, just buy Minecraft, and you are set. if you want to though, Send me the stats on your laptop, and I can make sure you will run this okay before you jump into it

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

No. The Unzipped file was me playing around with making a custom John Smith. Just leave it or delete it, up to you, but I do believe its active so maybe leave it.... I don't know, Its early and I don't have any coffee

you are either in CREATIVE mode or simply checking out the NEI interface. Can you post a screenshot? I can better answer then

Well go have some coffee then, caffiene makes everything better!

I was being dumb, I just tried to grab something out the menu and while it says 64 like I could add it to my inventory, I can't.  So just looks like the interface :)

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Can someone send me the server details, I just need to check it works on my rubbish laptop with mods, and then I can chuck some cash in.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

I assume you mean the game rather than server.  If so, taken from here:https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/325948-minecraft-system-requirements

Minimum Requirements:
  • CPU: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz
  • RAM: 2GB
  • GPU (Integrated): Intel HD Graphics or AMD (formerly ATI) Radeon HD Graphics with OpenGL 2.1
  • GPU (Discrete): Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT or AMD Radeon HD 2400 with OpenGL 3.1
  • HDD: At least 200MB for Game Core and Other Files
  • Java 6 Release 45

Recommended Requirements:
  • CPU: Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon II (K10) 2.8 GHz
  • RAM: 4GB
  • GPU: GeForce 2xx Series or AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series (Excluding Integrated Chipsets) with OpenGL 3.3
  • HDD: 1GB
  • Latest release of Java 8 from java.com

Can someone send me the server details, I just need to check it works on my rubbish laptop with mods, and then I can chuck some cash in.

Server isnt up yet. Still waiting on the host

Via the FG App

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. Tekkit. 

banlol.png

OK, so I installed all the things.  Getting about 30fps, so should be ok.  All I can say is DAYUM minecraft came a long way when I wasn't looking.  There's a fuck ton of stuff to learn.  Looks great though.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Sorry Dave, Tekkit isn't happening

EDIT:

Server is still pending.... this is starting to irritate me

If this persists much longer, then I will cancel hosting with them, get a refund, and find a new host.

If we do have to swap servers, I found one where we can front pay for a full year, and its $100.72

we get a discount for paying for that long. I need to investigate it further

I take it from your annoyance they are usually set up a lot faster than this one is?

Who knows where a year will take us but it would be good having the knowledge that it will be up for a year without having to worry about renewals (presuming others do donate)

25 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I take it from your annoyance they are usually set up a lot faster than this one is?

Who knows where a year will take us but it would be good having the knowledge that it will be up for a year without having to worry about renewals (presuming others do donate)

This was my thought as well.

And yea, a server should take a few minutes to spin off, a day at most.

Lee and I talked, if we can get another $60 donated ASAP I can pay for a full year and set the server up immediately. 

25 minutes ago, Sennex said:

Lee and I talked, if we can get another $60 donated ASAP I can pay for a full year and set the server up immediately. 

You heard the man, if we can do it ASAP it can be all sorted within the next 24 hours 

@Sennex  @crispymorgan @tronic44 @PlasticGaming @phil bottle @Bluebear @BO7H B4RRELS@Diddums

thanks @Greboth for the awesome donation already.

Sorry folks, I had to remove the Witchery Mod from the MODS folder that you all grabbed from me. Just go ahead and delete it if you want.

The reason why is that I was running a server locally all day, as a test, and the two Dimensions that Witchery adds in Spirit, and Torment, were memory hogs. 

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I just stuck a tenner on the donate, I got an error message but looks like its gone through, gimme a shout if not:1310_thumbsup_tone1:

All good mate, nice one :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

5 hours ago, Sennex said:

Sorry folks, I had to remove the Witchery Mod from the MODS folder that you all grabbed from me. Just go ahead and delete it if you want.

The reason why is that I was running a server locally all day, as a test, and the two Dimensions that Witchery adds in Spirit, and Torment, were memory hogs. 

I presume deleting it will just remove any witchery stuff from my game? or will I need to start single player again?

18 hours ago, Sennex said:

Quick guide I made for you all

Start it off by opening the Minecraft Launcher

Great guide. I'm all set up. :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

One question: in "Options; Resource packs;" under "available resource packs" should anything be listed there? or is it ok with the  default?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

6 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Great guide. I'm all set up. :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

One question: in "Options; Resource packs;" under "available resource packs" should anything be listed there? or is it ok with the  default?

2 hours ago, Sennex said:

Need to restart. Sorry

Via the FG App

This is an example of why I want to get it right the first time with you all. 

So that being said, please investigate the pack thoroughly, and give thoughts and feedback on it. If we need to change it now we can with nothing lost. Once we get on a server, trying to save builds and edit worlds is insane. So...

If you have questions please speak up

If you see things that are wrong or not working right, please speak up

If the gameplay isn't interesting, lets talk about it

I've played a few hours of single player and got a base set up with crops and setting up a farm too.  So not that far in to it or tried to do too much but not noticed any problems yet.

Not sure if mine says anything under resource packs but I will check when i'm home.

In the intial picture album I linked here, I showed Twilight Forest, but not the other two dungeon mods.

Runic dungeons mod:

Create a portal that takes you to the Dungeon Dimension!

Spoiler

ZuHkflN.png

Spoiler

SFDd5uY.png

The desert portal is how it looks in the world. it takes an insane amount of exploring to get all the parts to create staff that generates the portal. You need chalk after that, more exploring, and then you can jump through the portal. and you arrive in the dimension seen above.

In order to show you all what its like in there, I blasted out the side and flew above it. This isn't something thats available when we start, as all of the blocks are unbreakable, except for the bookcases, chests, obsidian, and a few others. The mods we have installed will tell you if you can harvest them or not.

Spoiler

hh7ksUt.png

It just goes on forever

More pics of the mobs, and a few room layouts. There are 6 distinct rooms altogether, so I can see where this would get boring fast. I have thoughts on this below these pics

Spoiler

6rYbByJ.png

Zczzmdf.png

Zczzmdf.png

So my thoughts are basically:

I build the portal and chalk

I provide a few keys, the rest you have to hunt up in the dungeon itself

You all go through and farm up, destroy whatever you can/ want

Once a month or bi-monthly, I delete the dimension and reset it.

This keeps it from eating up to much server space, also it keeps it fresh, and some what interesting. 

One thing I will say though, is please do NOT build the Wither if you get parts for it in there. For those that haven't played minecraft before, the Wither is a huge beast that destroys pretty much everything. Just use the parts as trophies please