FG Minecraft Server

The3rdWalker

I am working up some screenshots to show you guys stuff that appears in this world.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Some screenshots of the various crap thats out in the world. Some of the pics suck as I didn't want to give to much away.

If these look decent, I could actually get started here today on this project.

There are 81 mods total, of which we would need a Cauldron server, and about 4gb of memory. This might seem like a lot, client side you would need about a quarter of that, but with multiple people being scattered across the worlds, not to mention having at least 4 dimensions, I want to make sure we have a decent overhead.

Plugins are minimal, and I might even scale back on the mods a bit, but this seems a decent amount of options for you all to get started with and learn. It also should capture the Fantasy feel of Minecraft.

EDIT: If all this looks decent to you all, then we just need to discuss paying for it, and I will start hunting up server hosting and prices

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

This all looks very cool, I particularly like pics 32-37.

Best way for me to contribute would be via PayPal either monthly or annually, whatever works best.

We need to see how many people are willing to chip in and then split it that way. But I think people need to be fully committed to that side or it won't work.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Exactly

I have a few decent hosts on my radar, With what we want, we need at least 15$ a month for everyone. More if we do things like Dedicated IP's or Voice servers. Things like that.

I reached out to Lee to see if the forums have a paypal.

We do and I'm happy to monitor and control oversight.

I'll add the donate function back on as I only removed it about a month ago.

Give me some time as I'm out right now and getting drunkypoos.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

All sounds good to me, $15 should be easy with all of us.  I'm happy to throw a lump sum in so we're covered for many months.  That world looks interesting too, are the structures naturally in the world or have they been built by you?

As for voice, I would have thought we could just use discord.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Never touched Discord, so I have no idea about what its does.

The structures are naturally occurring in that world. I need to tweak the settings some for it as they are normally scattered all over more.

Basically a chat program with text chat 'coversations' and a few voice channels on too.  As far as I know there are no limits on the number of people that can be in a chat and best of all it's free.

I changed some stuff in what I was thinking we would use as the modpack last night.

Since a lot of you have never played on PC before, I didn't want you to get stuck in a situation where you wouldn't be able to build things because of lack of resources. Or build specific styles or color because of lack of variety, which is something that MC suffers from occasionally.

I fixed that.

This doesn't change anything on the server side, so thats good. Also if this gets off the ground, I am going to put in a portal at the spawn point for a "Resource World"

What this means is if you need to strip mine, you go there, if you just want to absolutely demolish the landscape while gathering, then you can. I will reset that world occasionally so it never matters what happens to it. That way the main world is left looking decent. If you all are against that, then cool. As it stands we have 4 dimensions already: Main World, Nether, End, Twilight Forest.

Sounds good to me.  I generally mine down before strip mining so all the appears at the surface is a couple blocks missing.  However, a resource world for building a fancy house or whatever would be useful though would be too easy to not play the game properly.

IDK if its to easy or not. I've played with several servers that use it. At first it makes things easier, but after a few months not so much.

One server I was on, a player was building mountains. Not kidding here, he needed thousands of dirt blocks, and stone/ cobble. Without a resource world to just strip, it would have never happened.

Also, after about a month of playing, Diamonds and other rare resources shouldn't be an issue for anyone with how I have this set up...... Maybe I have made it to easy..... need to rethink a few things

For something as big as building your own mountain then yeah, a resourse world makes sense.  I was more thinking, if the resource world has everything straight away, you could instantly have diamond tools etc.  Which makes the game more like creative mode than survival.

yea, thats not how it works

A resource world is just a vanilla world that you can strip mine, or deforest, or branch mine, etc to your hearts content without worry of doing it in the main world as it gets wiped out every few weeks

Nothing worse than building in your area, only to find that your neighbor has already branch mined out all the diamonds and iron, leaving your area depleted.

Not to mention, that for me personally, I hate people that branch mine for hundreds of blocks in all directions, because for some odd reason they have to have every diamond in 20x20 chunk area.

I'll dedicate some time to this tonight so we can have some sort of proposal that matches the interest and a structure that's in place so you guys don't have to worry about the little boring admin points.

Great to see some interest for this and the support you guys will give. We can finally give this a go after @Diddums set the ball rolling on this in 2013.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Dave and I have had a bunch of servers over the years. I hope he jumps in on this one. 

Mods I have cobbled together for this:

Utility:

Armor Status (Shows durability, and item count of selected item)

Tree Capitator (Chops down an entire tree, without having to do each block at a time)

Not Enough Items (Shows what recipes are available, and how to make them in the UI)

WAILA - What Am I Looking At! - Shows you some info on the block you are looking at and if it can be harvested, and with what tool

Inventory Tweaks - Organizes your chests, backpacks, and replaces broken tools in your hand

Terrain:

Streams - Adds Streams to the game that have flowing water, and move  from section to section. NOTE: I am not 100% on the server load this creates. So I might end up pulling it. I know locally it costs nothing to run. 

Biomes O' Plenty - Adds a huge array of Biomes, Tree's, and a Dimension to the game. Its basically variety of where to build.

Big Tree's - Big Tree's

Magic:

Thaumcraft - Adds magic to the game, Golems, and other crap

Enchanting Plus - all this does is cleans up  the existing in-game  enchanting options

Project E - This mod is broken all to hell, but in a really good way. Anyone that played the original tekkit should remember this mod. It takes a seriously long time to get going, but once it does...... I will let you all explore this one on your own

Witchery - I have no idea.... Seriously, its been a part of FTB and other mod packs for a long time, but I have never explored it.... whats the worst that could happen?

Cosmetic:

Storage Drawers - Storage drawers...... pretty straight forward

Ye Gamol Chattels - Adds a way to display various things

Iron Chest - Adds a variety of Chests, each with larger storage capacity

Chisel - adds in more block styles and shapes

Carpenters Blocks - Adds in more block shapes

Architecture Craft - Adds in more Block shape types

Craft Heraldry - Flags, Banners, and shit

Plants and crops:

Natura - More tree's and plant types

Pams Harvestcraft -  more plants and seeds for farms and food

Growthcraft - fruits and other stuff

Dungeons, Dimensions, and Villagers: (Leaving this section vague)

Runic Dungeons

Twilight Forest

Recurrent Complex

Metals, and Ore Processing:

Metallurgy - Adds in loads of ores and alloys, as well as a few different types of furnaces and grinders to process them.

All sounds good to me.  I played a few hours on ps4 too as it's been so long I can barely remember the basics.

One question about the server; when we connect to it we will all spawn in the same place? I'm just thinking it is fun to explore on your own but we could build a communal settlement.