Call of Duty World War 2 - What do you want?

GazzaGarratt

Stronghold_Metadata_Image.jpg

Thought I'd kick the dust off this section as the next game seems like it has potential to be great.

So what would you like to see from the next CoD? MP improvements, matchmaking changes, gun upgrades?

I've been out of CoD for so long that I'm interested to know the pain points that would help to make a better game to play.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

What do I want from a COD game?

Net code
Hit detection
Anti cheat
60FPS
Decent campaign/story
Spitfires
Claymores
Memorable maps
All dlc maps for free

Will do for a start.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Simply - MW2 minus One Man Army and quick scoping.

Lane maps - all the boost jumping opened up the maps to many different ways to move around but going back to boots on the ground I would love to see the maps go back to the lane style maps.  For me, getting shot in the back because of the 5 different places you can be seen from, is one of the most frustrating things.

Remove quick scoping - CoD for a long time has had quick scoping and there has been a few false starts of removing it but no-one has been brave enough to remove and it keep it out.  I understand the need for some aim assist but if you want to fire a sniper you should have to fully scope in.

OHK nerf - Almost all snipers are OHK irrespective of where they hit you which needs removing in my opinion.  Headshot and maybe torso hits should be OHK but no way should getting shot in the toe be a OHK.

Recoil - they just need to add some! The guns should not be laser accurate and there should be some skill in controlling the recoil.

Fix multiplayer latency issues - Up there with being shot in the back is being insta-killed.  I think everyone has experience this at some point of walk round the corner and die before you can react yet the kill cam shows you walk round the corner, enemy aims, sprays around a bit and kills you.  I don't think dedicated servers are the holy grail to fix all problems but it should improve things greatly.  Even if they don't want to go that far then go back to MW2 style - yes the host had an advantage but everyone else was equal.  I'd even accept tighter geographic limits - I used to play regularly with someone with a netduma so they could limit to only UK players and the difference was night and day.

Good kill streaks - it seems of recent years the kill streaks have seen nerfs.  Presumably to not have them so OP that it stops being 'fun' and everyone quits.  However the higher kills streaks should be OP! If you have managed to get a 12, 15, 20 etc. player kill streak then you are dominating the other team anyway so OP killstreaks wont change much.

The NUKE! - Nothing better than hitting that 25 player kill streak and calling in that nuke.

Claymores - I miss them :( I also miss scavenger resupplying them too so you could plant many of them.

That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure there are other things too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

If it's boots on the ground and there's no flying through the air then the one thing they have to focus on is maps. The last few games have seen some of the worst maps i've ever played, if they sort that then that'll make me very happy.

It's set in WW2 era so everything WW2 please, i like Phils idea of spitfires.

In terms of killstreaks, i'm the same as Greboth, i'd like to see monster kill streaks back, the only thing that may bring back is more camping. Bring back? haha like ever left us!

Connection and hit boxes etc Should just be standard, they shouldn't be something that we hope is in the game. It's a shame that it's like that but that's what they've done to the franchise.

Really looking forward to this game, really hope they smash it and we all pick it up.

For me, MW2 was the peak of my gaming career.  I had that game dialled in in a way I've never been able to achieve again.  I'd love to go back to that style of COD. 

I agree about snipers.  A sniper rifle cannot be used effectively stood up.  It takes minutes to line up a shot.  The recoil should be severe, if you miss, you give away your position and in all likelihood, die.  Like the situation in rainbow six now, Glaz is being used to clear rooms with a thermal scope and smoke.  It's a completely unnatural scenario for a sniper to be in.  Ditch quickscoping.

Not a big fan of killstreaks that require no input.   I fucking loved an AC-130 on Wasteland.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

I want pretty much everything @Greboth said.

For me they need to sort out the connection. It's been piss poor for years. I've played HC in COD since BO2 because of the poor connections, but this leads to issues with matchmaking when the player base drops.

Will decent dedicated servers fix this? At the moment the servers they do use run at 10 or 20hz. Which is a joke for a fast paced shooter.

As Greboth said they should give options for matchmaking where you can select "local only" like in BO1. I'd rather wait a minute to get into a game if it means the connection is spot on.

Maps need to be 3 lane design. The maps in Infinite Warfare are fucking awful and Sledgehammer need to avoid this. But saying that the maps in AW were actually pretty decent.

And they need to not have QSing. MW;R is virtually unplayable in some lobbies because of fucking QSing. Make snipers effective but also need skill to use. Nobody should be able to run around with a weapon that's a OHK at any range.

fart.gif

My concern with WW2 is that no matter how good the game is; Activision will ruin it. Modern Warfare Remastered was perfectly ideal for the first few weeks but when supply drops hit and players were running around with broken bottles as melee weapons along with pink guns, it just felt the ultimate hardon killer. 

I'm not convinced by Sledgehammer either - they've been with the franchise for nearly 8 years now but they don't have anything decent to show for it and their relationship with the community isn't great either. They do sound like they are taking the campaign very seriously and are working very hard on providing an authentic and compassionate experience but in regards to the multiplayer portion; I really don't know what to expect. Their idea of making the game ultra compeititive with aggressive SBMM like they did with AW makes me uncomfortable and it dramatically impacts connection when skill is prioritised over providing the best possible level of matchmaking. This game needs proper dedicated servers and connection-led matchmaking. Sadly we'll end up with hybrid servers (mix of dedi's and P2P) as we have done for years now plus e-sport styled matchmaking. 

We also know the guns will be 100% authentic but with supply drops; we'll probably see variants which will either be stat or both stat and camo based. The thought of seeing players running through trenches with lime green guns in WW2 makes me uncomfortable but I can't see how else Activision are going to make supply drops glamorous so they can turnover another $3bn from them. 

In terms of the maps; I'd like to see real life locations mashed into appropriate 3 lane designs. The current Infinity Ward team cannot design maps for shit (Siege, Chasm, Stonehaven, Free Fall and every map in Infinite Warfare including Terminal which they murdered along with Rust) with their no flow and corner-laden right angle uninspired designs. Treyarch are very consistent with their maps but Sledgehammer were also decent if you take out a few which were primarily exo-suit focused. I think they may do a reasonable job with the maps in this game. 

The thing that has killed COD in recent years aside from the games being plain trash is the underwhelming and largely forgettable killstreaks. I've played Ghosts, AW and BO3 along with IW and I'm struggling to name one aside from the usual UAV. I remember that fucking dog from Ghosts and a few other shitty ones from other games but you cannot beat the likes of the AC130 and Pred missle. Even the non-controllable ones such as Harrier and Pavelow all from MW2 were fun to call in and it was great to get kill after kill. I honestly could not name one or even remember some of the top-level ones in the last few games they are that boring. 

That's just a few points off the top of my head but all in all; I don't think they'll ever be able to match the old days of COD4, WAW, MW2 and BO1. COD is nothing new now matter what they do. The concept is burned out in a very tired genre and franchise. People got sick of BF1 and MWR in no time not because they aren't good but they don't offer any longevity or appeal like the old COD games did back in the day and a lot of gamers who were once playing for 1000 hours a year have moved on to other things in gaming and life in general. I used to be able to have 3 hour sessions but I can barely play 3 matches of COD a day and that's been the case for years. There's always something better I can do with my time and I fear no matter how good WW2 is; it still wont impact me for the long term.  

Quality post James.

As fun there was to call inn Harriers and Pave Lows, AC-130 and not to forget the Chopper Gunner I think I would have like a COD with no killstreak rewards or  maybe 3 standard ones, like on WaW or something. When there is good killstreaks to get, people will camp their ass off to get them.

4 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Already been confirmed that there is no unlimited sprint in the game. So it's going to be a slow paced, camp fest like MW;R. Meh. :huh:

Didn't realise it was already out there and confirmed. Not a surprise though.

They really should invest in a mode that is close quarters with snipers banned if so many people hate snipers.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

For campaign mode, I would like a game based on Easy Company and follow the Band of Brothers through the entire war.  Have the game play mirror what actually happened.  Show the war from many sides - US, Germany, Russia, Japan.   One of this made up shit, give us something real that we can relate to.  

For the multiplayer, make maps based on actual places where battles were fought.  

For campaign mode, I would like a game based on Easy Company and follow the Band of Brothers through the entire war.  Have the game play mirror what actually happened.  Show the war from many sides - US, Germany, Russia, Japan.   One of this made up shit, give us something real that we can relate to.  

For the multiplayer, make maps based on actual places where battles were fought.  
I dunno, US was a bit late to the party for a band of brothers, unless they're German or English.

Start off with Battle of Britain spitfire action, pop over to North Africa and give Rommel a slap, pilot a kamikaze during Pearl Harbour, plus the D Day landings, Greek and Italian campaigns. Some naval action with Das Boot.
That's barely touching the surface...

Dunkirk, Warsaw ghetto, Battle of river plate, Japan, Burma, commando raids, blitz, OS missions (sas and sbs beginnings) too could all be considered...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg