Konami has revealed PES 2018 with a brand new trailer which once again shows makes the most of Pro Evolution Soccer's exclusive relationship with Barcelona FC.

Konami have a new "REAL Capture system" to help make every element of the game - from the turf to player tattooes - even more lifelike than ever before. Bosses at Konami have promised that PES 2018 will feature "more new additions than any other PES title in the last 10 years"

I've also seen they have worked hard on a new 3v3 mode similar to the 2v2 mode. Hopefully it can get start getting closer to FIFAs ProClubs this time round.

More at E3 coming and it has a release date of September 14th for PS4, PS3, PC, Xbox One & 360.

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Looks decent 

Whilst I agree I fear the majority won't be driven off FIFA due to the same old issues with Club licences and a few game modes missing on PES. Shame, I can't help but think that we won't ever see PES on top of FIFA because we know what Konami are like.

Bought the special edition on CD Keys earlier for £24.99 which felt good. FIFA 18 looks utter rubbish this year and some of the facial animations look like they came straight from Mass Effect Andromeda:lol: The only thing that seems to have changed this year is the goal nets. 

Been playing PES 2018 on PC today and it's absolutely incredible! It looks amazing, plays amazing and is probably the best football game since the PES old days. 

A few screenshots I took using the epic Nvidia Ansel feature which allows you to detach the camera on games and take 360 screenshots:-

C5BE6F82C2717D9A2508FC15EC8192074310FC59

EABC065B4756B8D4CADFC9A005E9E5660D0E3272

C1796AA5ECA181CA54B710F5597AFA882CB922AE

730FE8DE9EC3F6A8889DAE03CB9B735B809C5F6C

F306014D88891DF7FF46DBF21EC169E0FC456110

Italy v England - more international teams are licenced this year too which includes England

197037D93B74C5A3DBFDAFB1D76D96EC1D0A4FCB

On 9/15/2017 at 7:45 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

I forget, do they have a type of Pro Clubs we could all take a player and play together?

Haven't checked the online modes so I'm not sure yet but I'm sure there's a 2v2 and 3v3 option for MP which is new I think. 

snippets from a review

The new addition of Online Co-op is also worth spending serious time mastering, with teams of three players facing off against one another. It’s here that the tactical side of PES 2018 shines, with quality sets of partners able to simultaneously park the bus with their defence and overload in attack. The AI on offer by default is intelligent enough to keep you entertained, but it’s no replacement for practised, experienced human players and online co-op is apt demonstration of that.

Elsewhere, multiplayer modes include the returning Online Divisions; a competition in which you face off against other real players in short seasons, with you being relegated or promoted depending on your match results. Invariably, the more often you’re promoted the better your opponents become. If you’re looking to test yourself against the most serious of PES player then the ultra competitive PES League is for you, whilst casual fans should stick to standard versus matches.

MyClub straddles both online and offline arenas. The idea - much like FIFA Ultimate Team - is to acquire new players and build the squad of your dreams. Very little has changed over last season’s offering, although a tutorialised introduction makes it easier for newcomers to understand more quickly. As ever, it remains a mode that only satisfies if you’ve got hours upon hours to dedicate to it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

That online co-op mode sounds promising. So promising that i'll add this game to my wishlist. Do we know if that's the only co-op mode we could play together?

3 hours ago, Findmartin said:

I've played both the pes 18 and FIFA 18 demos and pes wins for me by a mile! Reviews suggest you can do a 2v2 or 3v3 online co-op which sounds great 

For me, FIFA always felt like whilst it was getting ridiculously stupid the amount of buttons you have to press for tricks and skills, you would still know how to score the regular goals from a cross, etc. PES of late feels so much more dynamic, closer to real life where two games in a row wouldn't be the same for scoring goals and match incidents.

19 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

For me, FIFA always felt like whilst it was getting ridiculously stupid the amount of buttons you have to press for tricks and skills, you would still know how to score the regular goals from a cross, etc. PES of late feels so much more dynamic, closer to real life where two games in a row wouldn't be the same for scoring goals and match incidents.

Yep, FIFA is more about skill spamming now more than ever. The core mechanics are so basic that doing exaggerated skills is the only way to add a bit of variety into matches. FIFA 17 was okay but every match felt the same and you'd score the same goals and pull off the same moves over and over. Every match in PES feels different and the amount you can do on the pitch without childish or farcial tricks is wonderful. 

Also funny FIFA 18 vid

Yep, FIFA is more about skill spamming now more than ever. The core mechanics are so basic that doing exaggerated skills is the only way to add a bit of variety into matches. FIFA 17 was okay but every match felt the same and you'd score the same goals and pull off the same moves over and over. Every match in PES feels different and the amount you can do on the pitch without childish or farcial tricks is wonderful. 

Also funny FIFA 18 vid

That vid was hilarious :D

Any game that makes you feel like your hands are crippled to hold a controller in such a weird way is just not fun and worth playing. I just wish Konami would just cough up the full licences fee and they'd probably double their income instantly as I geniunely feel that's the only reason young kids choose FIFA over PES.

PES wrapped up a deal with Arsenal now. If it could just get the chequebook out for the others just watch the horde of people flock to this game from FIFA.