Dirt 4 is an upcoming rally racing video game developed by Codemasters. It is the twelfth game in the Colin McRae Rally series and the sixth title to carry the Dirt name.

DiRT 4 features a game-changing system called Your Stage; an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters, then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.

With DiRT 4, Codemasters have sought to combine the levels of thrill and realism from last year’s DiRT Rally with the fearless excitement, accessibility and adrenalin-fuelled races previously seen in its critically acclaimed prequels DiRT 2 and DiRT 3.

Featuring classic rally racing that continues to build on the foundations set by the Colin McRae Rally games, the bruising contests from the official FIA World Rallycross Championship, the crazy battles of racing trucks and buggies, and the outrageous fun of open events in Joyride, players will face challenges from locations that span three continents.

KEY FEATURES:

• OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2

• 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales

• THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series

• LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico

• JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends

• DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!

• CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards

• COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world

• NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system

• TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style

• DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I'm hoping this challenges the WRC series as the old Codemasters Colin McRae games were amazingly put together. It would be ace if this game got some eSports with it too, just like WRC has as we need a decent competitive racer Playstation.

I think a racing game for us would be wicked, that's one thing we've never really had bar GTAV racing.

I remember playing Ralli Sport Challenge on the xbox 360, wasn't even the best rally game out but it was insanely fun.

It would be good to see how many of us are interested in this, my hands definitely up!

26 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Don't forget Micro Machines is out shortly!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

omg i completely forgot! I have failed myself, i hang my head in shame. 

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Anyone try out Dirt Rally? They went a really weird way about with with early access and I think a lot of folk missed a really good game.

How different is this to Dirt 4? Is it a prequel?

My mate plays dirt rally and it looks decent, the only thing with some rally game is that they're one driver at a time. There will be races but a lot of it is time trials. 

And if I know us, I know we'll want ten people on the start line and immediate crashes from the start to the end. I've seen the way ya'll drive 😄

18 hours ago, PlasticGaming said:

I liked when we were on NFS2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed it for a short while but it was missing something, I'm not sure what that something was. It just didn't keep pulling me back to it. I think I'm still in love with NFSU2, you shall have my heart forever.

Had my first few hours on Dirt 4 last night and it was the most unexpected fun I've had for a long time.

Straight off, the menus are inviting and the guide that talks you through is clear and concise, helping you along with relative ease to a complex game within the detail. I chose Simulation over Gamer (Arcade) as I used to love the Colin McRae's with that driving style. Not that I was any good, but it felt so damn amazing when you pulled off a clear stage sliding around the dirt rally tracks.

I started off a little slow, trying to remember how hard the brakes would be in rally games and how forgiving it would be when you make a mistake. I started at Pro, second option, like Hard really. My first stage went pretty decent until I hit massive fog so you had to immediately listen to Nicky Grist giving the instructions; 4 right, 4 left, over crest. That's when I found out how unforgiving the game was and exactly why I love it, turning slightly too early and hitting the apex of a corner when he has told you not to cut, nearly damages your entire stage. The true, gritty sounds rip through you as you hear the gearbox rattling away tried to help pump you round the stage as fast as you can. The graphics are more colourful than expected, yet show true deep colours on a showery dirt stage through the woods.

When I completely lost it after a fantastic split, I actually made the car flip. It rolled a good few times and even though I was gutted for my was-good run, I knew this was an addictive game to play and enjoy. The thrill of having certain failure on the end of a mistake at high speeds is epic. I won a few races and tournaments before logging off when I got the hang of turning into corners and striking the balance on the throttle and brakes again.

Tonight I quickly checked the 'My Club' element. Again, they've thought it through. Similar to TOCA Race Driver with the great story campaign, it has this but extra detail yet not too complex. You can still tweak the car at each rally if you know what you're doing. I tweaked my brakes for more responsiveness which I think helps when you start out.

Great game and just what the racing genre needed as not a great deal stands out right now. I'll stream some more when I can.