Recommend a TV

phil bottle

My tv picture went to black last night - and stayed there - so I need a new one.

No bigger than 50 inches and no smaller than 40.

I've spent so long today looking online I'm losing the will to live.

I'm looking at paying max £650 but I keep reading reviews and don't have a clue...

Any suggestions?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shopping for TV's is a complete mindfuck and yours is buggered at the worst possible time as this isn't the best time of the year for good deals either Phil. Having said that though; there are still plenty of great TV's out there for equally great prices and you don't have to shop around too much as even the likes of Argos carry some solid stock. 

If you're after top of the range within your budget and specifications; this is the shit https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6088040

If you want something not too flash but of high quality and a good price; this is also the shit https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5297791

If you want something top of the range and simple; this is equally the shit https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5396582

Although Samsung products have a habit of exploding; I've had some good luck with their products over the last decade including TV's and now with even the high-end ones becoming mainstream; the prices are pretty decent and the quality is always top notch. Definitely have a good browse at Argos and just limit your searches to maybe a couple of brands, TV's spec types and sizes just to reduce the headache but the Samsung range at Argos stands out above other retailers and brands. 

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

I was planning on getting a Samsung when my tv eventually gives up the ghost, they're a pretty solid brand, although i'm not 100% up on tv matters.

They look nice though :lol:

Says the Video Guru :lol:

I just picked up a Hitachi 50" LED Smart 4k TV for £329 from Argos. It does the job, good reviews and is usually overlooked because of the name. I can dig it out if you need the spec.

Via the FG App

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I just picked up a Hitachi 50" LED Smart 4k TV for £329 from Argos. It does the job, good reviews and is usually overlooked because of the name. I can dig it out if you need the spec.

Via the FG App

Please do, the Samsung was sold out. Is it okay for gaming?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

8 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Please do, the Samsung was sold out. Is it okay for gaming?

Hitachi TV Link

Not sure Phil tbh, not tried it with games but spec looks decent enough. It's actually now gone up to £349 since last week. Still a damn good offer and the reviews helped me a lot.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

If you want something top of the range and simple; this is equally the shit https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5396582

Went for this in the end...but from John Lewis. First purchase from there ever lol.
They price match and offer 5 years warranty and it arrives next Friday

Thanks all[emoji6]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

10 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Went for this in the end...but from John Lewis. First purchase from there ever lol.
They price match and offer 5 years warranty and it arrives next Friday

Thanks allemoji6.png

Nice one Phil! Forgot John Lewis still existed:lol:

Good choice in the end from a popular range. Will definitely last you long past the warranty with no issues too I bet!