PC Tower

GazzaGarratt

Kb and mouse isn't about being amazing it is just about being on equal footing.  A mouse is so much more accurate so you will suffer badly.  Just look at widowmaker, useless on console but useful on pc.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

11 hours ago, Greboth said:

Kb and mouse isn't about being amazing it is just about being on equal footing.  A mouse is so much more accurate so you will suffer badly.  Just look at widowmaker, useless on console but useful on pc.

Proper derailed thread with KB & M didn't I! I agree with being on a level playing field but you'll find what works for one person might not work as well for another.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 02/07/2017 at 9:02 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Proper derailed thread with KB & M didn't I! I agree with being on a level playing field but you'll find what works for one person might not work as well for another.

It isn't a derailment, what screen you're going to use, where will you sit, can you kb and mouse etc.  are all considerations to gaming on a pc.

I think for me and maybe you fall in this too, I can't see me leaving consoles any time soon.  They're what I grew up with and enjoy.  However, I do like having a PC for the things a console can't do - like a proper racing sim, modded minecraft server, gmod etc. None of which really require the pin point accuracy of a mouse so you may be able to get away with a controller.

I feel like I am being quite negative about you getting a pc and I don't mean to be.  I just don't want you to spend a few hundred  quid (or however much) with the idea of playing R6 or OW etc only to find that you can't compete.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

On 02/07/2017 at 6:29 PM, The3rdWalker said:

You literally cannot match the precision of a mouse compared to a joystick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listen to this man Lee. Certain games worrk fine with a joystick but Destiny, OW, R6, GtaV, Dying Light, BF, COD, well, come to think of it everyfuckinggameweplay, you'll get buttfucked akin to a 12" fist dildo getting rammed in with no lube. 

Build a cheapo gaming pc and learn to kb&m you massive bender. 

banlol.png

Just been looking at some of the stuff you can do with a K/M.  Set a burst fire mode so Soldier 76 never blooms on the bullet spread?  no problem.  Imagination is the only limit to what you can make macros for.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

On 03/07/2017 at 1:43 PM, The3rdWalker said:

I personally think he can build a budget PC and leave it in his entertainment center, under his TV next to his consoles with a controller and blue-tooth mouse and keyboard. 

I was pretty much always going to start like this but get one that can be wired as well as I know it'll affect response times.

On 03/07/2017 at 10:37 PM, Diddums said:

Listen to this man Lee. Certain games worrk fine with a joystick but Destiny, OW, R6, GtaV, Dying Light, BF, COD, well, come to think of it everyfuckinggameweplay, you'll get buttfucked akin to a 12" fist dildo getting rammed in with no lube. 

Build a cheapo gaming pc and learn to kb&m you massive bender. 

Because you asked - No. :D

17 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Just been looking at some of the stuff you can do with a K/M.  Set a burst fire mode so Soldier 76 never blooms on the bullet spread?  no problem.  Imagination is the only limit to what you can make macros for.

Mate, seriously. That's like having the old Mega Drive controller where you could set the C button to be hit like Thompson Daley's 100m sprint. That's not skill.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 7/2/2017 at 6:29 PM, The3rdWalker said:

You literally cannot match the precision of a mouse compared to a joystick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, not even a fully aim assisted controller can match the rapid precision of what you can do with a mouse. 

I tried Overwatch with a controller on the sofa a couple of weeks ago and it felt clunky and slow plus I got destroyed. KB+M is much more fluid plus in games like that; it's far more enjoyable and satisfying to use.

I think Call of Duty is probably the only FPS I've played where I've preferred a controller because it's a game made for pads with strong handicaps such as the aim assistance enabled.