Welcome to my Diablo 3 Formal Introduction!

wallpaper031-1920x1080.jpg

In this post I will be discussing a simple introduction to the game its self and the classes that are incorporated in the game. In the coming weeks I will be posting more in depth introductions and lore of the classes. Now shall we get started?

What IS Diablo 3?

Diablo 3 is an action RPG that features everyone’s favorite thing – GORE! This hack and slash dungeon crawler has gained its notoriety from its early predecessors Diablo (1996) and Diablo 2 (2000). Both of the early games were highly successful for Blizzard in the early years of their company. While successful on the PC, Blizzard adapted Diablo 3 to be featured on consoles PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. However, Blizzard recently has decided to stop updating PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 games due to the growing popularity of up to date consoles. Diablo 3 still has captivated the hearts and minds of gamers as it as a massive community in now both PC and console world.

The Lore… Just a Taste!

The Diablo series is steeped in dark lore. The story takes place in the mortal realm between High Heavens and the Burning Hells. The war raged on for eons before finding it’s way to the mortals. The demons took their exile to Sanctuary. They twisted and distorted the minds of men as they took over. During these dark periods heroes aroused to take the fight to the demons and take back their Sanctuary. This is where I leave you with just a taste of what is to come.

Who Will Be YOUR Hero?

Diablo 3 is comprised of six hero classes of your choosing: Monk, Crusader, Barbarian, Wizard, Demon Hunter, and Witch Doctor. Each class comes with its own set of challenges and rewards. In future forum post, I will be discussing in length each one of these classes. This will include: lore, stats, gear, and builds. For now, I will introduce you to each class with a small snippet of introduction.

Monk

The monk is a sacred warrior that channels the divine powers through their own will power to beat down their foe. A monk is a melee based class that can either do extreme amount of single target damage or short-range brief attacks for waves of in coming enemies. A skilled monk will layout rapid-fire attacks either unarmed or with balanced weapons.

Crusader

The crusader is a holy warrior derived from the early Paladins of Diablo and Diablo 2. This impenetrable warrior washes over demons with holy magic and heavy armor. They will leave a wake of demon body parts in a swathing path of destruction. Armed with substantial flails and towering shields, the crusader is ideal for close range melee.

Barbarian

Their name matches exactly what they are, barbaric. The barbarian is known for their unwavering amount of strength, ground crushing abilities, leaping attacks, and duel wielding mighty weapons. The blood of their enemies splash their armor as they fight their way through hording packs of demons. The barbarian is known for their heavy melee attacks.

Wizard

This isn’t your every day Harry Potter type wizard. This wizard uses their body to encompass the powers of arcane. Their ability to freeze, incinerate, and disintegrate their foes is like no other. They control time, teleport, and create illusions that would mesmerize anyone. The wizard is a ranged class and prefers to be away from the action and as far away as possible from their killing spree. Wouldn’t want to get blood on the pretty robe, now would you? If only your old masters could see you now!

Demon Hunter

The demon hunter is a vigilantly killer that is skilled in the art of ranged weapons. They lurk in the shadows, crouching and waiting for their foes to wander their way into the trap the hunter as set. With a mighty spring, the demon hunter vaults out to deliver devastating rain of arrows and assault of other projectiles. The hunter prefers to be out of range of melee attacks for their weakness is being surrounded. They are deadly from afar, sniping, and picking off demons one by one.

Witch Doctor

Witch Doctors are spiritual warriors. They practice the art of summoning dead souls and other creepy creatures to do their bidding. The witch doctor has its very own squad comprised of zombies and vermin that it’s constantly surrounded by. They are slow, creeping killers that make death a hope for their enemies. Their use of exploding skulls, poison clouds, and terrifying spells makes the witch doctor a one of a kind range attacker. The spirits have definitely smiled upon them.

This is all for this quick introduction of Diablo 3 forum! I hope this generates some interest and comments are welcomed below. Tell me which class you would like to get an in depth look at first!

Nice post Justin!

Crusader seems the next one to do for me. I want to try a bit more close combat rather than Witch Doctor.

Also, would be good to know basics like levels of loot to keep, sell, gems, etc.

Keep it coming mate, I think this is a great game to party up on, especially now seasons has come to console.

Via the FG App

On 13/09/2017 at 7:54 AM, tronic44 said:

I haven't got this game but have a few mates who own it, will shoot them this thread as they don't really know what they're doing :lol:

Great post!

On 13/09/2017 at 8:14 AM, VGon_BGon48 said:

Cool I'll help how ever I can and hopefully get more guides out

Awesome to hear Rich! Do you think they would want to read more guides? Justin has offered to write some more.

• Sennex unpinned this topic