WipEout is back on the PS4

WipEout Omega Collection will release on the PlayStation 4 on 6th June in North America and 7th June in Europe, with pre-orders rolling out on the PlayStation Store now. The compilation – a collection of remastered versions of WipEout HD, WipEout HD Fury, and WipEout 2048 – will boast split-screen multiplayer and will be playable in 4K on the PS4 Pro.

The game will cost $39.99 in the United States and £29.99 in Europe. There'll be licensed music from Swedish House Mafia, Chemical Brothers, and The Prodigy. If you pre-order the game from the PlayStation Store now, you'll get the following dynamic theme:

original.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a 2 minute video in German but my oh my it looks damn good.

I never played the original version much, just a demo but I can absolutely see how this could be very successful. Anyone else have nostalgia feels about this?

Via the FG App

It looks a little like a smooth new age Mario Kart with speed boosts and homing rockets. We'd have a lot of fun with this if we can set up private matches.

Via the FG App

6 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I looked on youtube for the original game.  Is it just me, or does anybody elses memory upscale the graphics?  They were really bad!

A LOT OF GAMES. There are so many games that I remember being out of this world and then revisiting them as an adult. "wow, what the Hell are these graphics" Same thing with some old television shows. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Braking is really weird just because you don't get many games with airbrakes that you can use independently. It'll take some getting used to.

It really is visually stunning. This on 4k would be superb. The tracks, the ships, the way you shoot your machine guns and the bullets ricochet off the track are quite beautiful.

£30 its just about worth it I reckon.