Diablo 3 - Necromancer Class

A few more details came out about the Necromancer class that's coming to Diablo later this year. No pricing or launch date known as yet but he will be released to the PTR very soon.

"Necromancers can expect darker, more controlled gameplay centered around the raw materials of life: blood and bone," reads the Necromancer overview that landed last year. "Grounded in a philosophical, pragmatic approach to life and death, they’re more like a calculated conductor of the darkest arts. Deadly serious in their practice, they are the experts of curses and reanimation—and their pets obey their every command."

More about his skills below:

Skill: Grim Scythe

"Grim Scythe summons a huge scythe in a wide arc, dealing damage and restoring Essence. As a generator ability, this will be your bread and butter ability for building up to your more powerful damage dealing spells."

Skill Rune: Death Nova (Blood Nova)

"Blood Nova is one of the five skill runes for the base Death Nova skill. Blood Nova does impressive damage, but this comes at a cost—using this rune requires spending both Essence and some of your Health."

Skill Rune: Devour (Cannibalize)

"Devour is a resource-regeneration skill, allowing you to regain Essence by consuming the corpses of your slain foes. As one of the runes for Devour, Cannibalize also allows you to regain Health, which is handy for fueling costly spells like Blood Nova."

Skill Rune: Raise Golem (Blood Golem)

"We showed a sneak peek of the Blood Golem at BlizzCon, but now he’s outfitted with animations, skills, and clever tricks! The Blood Golem is a burly companion who can sacrifice himself to heal you. Don’t worry—he’ll reconstruct himself right away, and deal sizeable amounts of damage to surrounding foes in the process."

Skill: Leech

"Joining Decrepify in the Necromancer’s repertoire of curses, Leech is a dastardly spell that allows you to transfer some of the health of attacked enemies to yourself and your allies. It’s great not only for keeping yourself healthy, but offering support to your party members as well."

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

44 minutes ago, Rumelylady said:

@SensaiNemesis did and has already capped his. I've been playing a witch doctor and agree that they are pretty similar.

Thanks Sarah. Chad, is it worth spending the money on it? I haven't seen what else you get, if anything.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks Sarah. Chad, is it worth spending the money on it? I haven't seen what else you get, if anything.

I think so.  It's a fun class to use.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

17 hours ago, SensaiNemesis said:

I think so.  It's a fun class to use.  

Thanks Chad. I want to play but something always puts it 2nd or 3rd on the list. If I get my money's worth out of this I could seriously get into it again. I think I just struggle with the intensity it gives off based on comparison with Destiny.

I have been playing it for awhile now and I have to say I am enjoying it alot and its a massive throw back to D2 necro the only issue I have is that builds get a little repetitive meaning that you see the same items i.e. Dantyee's Binding, Kresbins Ring for items and Decrepfy as the go to curse the others tend to fall to the way side and the sets are the most segmented in the sense that the power should be even but its not one set out strips them all including all other classes I understand that balance is that something blizzard is constantly struggles with but with all that said I think the necromancer was a excellent addition