Android App

Hi all.

Since I've been here and over the past year being an admin I've tried to make small incremental changes alongside the updated site, in line with what you guys want. After all, this place is all of ours.

Thanks for answering the FG research poll - if you haven't, please add your answers to the separate pinned thread in the announcements.

So in short, I currently have an android app for the FG forum in beta mode. It has its pros and cons which I will explain when its live and available in the play store but wanted to let you guys know what will be available soon.

Thanks to a few that have been testing it somewhat over the past week.

Hope you like it when it comes. Even just for the notifications to people who have Android phones it should be a good addition. An apple app I will look at, please note that any change takes an amount of time to implement.

Lastly, please remember though, this just adds another choice to access the forum. There will be many changes still to the forum via the other ways which I'll explain over this next few days, such as a way to intergrate twitch feeds and updating the video section (which are two things you won't be able to see via the app).

Thanks FG

Lee

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Nice one Lee...where do you find the time?

I don't!...normally about 1am in the morning when i get my time after playing games with everyone.

By the way imo, the mobile site is my preferred route, just wish I could get notifications to phones, etc so at least the app will give choicr to others that somewhat find it not obvious to check FG via their browser.

This is fantastic Lee. As I said, the app looks fantastic. It's really great to have someone as enthusiastic as you on board as I simply don't have the time to invest that I used to (remember that when I started this new forum I worked at BT so had 12 hour night shifts doing fuck all). 

Apple might be a bitch, there may be a loophole through Tapatalk but Apple are fairly strict with vetting their apps AKAIK. I'm sure @tronic44 will do the sensible thing and get an Android phone though.

banlol.png

Is the app live?

Not yet Brede.

However....

It seems to be randomly available in the Play Store. This will probably be the beta version so I'm happy if you or anyone wants to download it but be aware I need to publish it fully to ensure it is the most up to date version. I plan to publish it tonight if i get chance because it seems alright to go with. Also remember it won't have the full site abilities - I'll explain in a separate thread.

When it goes live I'll likely send out a communication to everyone saying its available.
@Diddums is right btw about Apple. I'm working on it and hopeful they could approve the same version but its not up to me.

Android App is officially published on the Play Store.

Download it if you want to have another way into the forum threads and posts (and you're on Android of course).

On 19.03.2017 at 2:13 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Android App is officially published on the Play Store.

Download it if you want to have another way into the forum threads and posts (and you're on Android of course).

Guess I'm daft, but I can't find it on Play Store.

Guess I'm daft, but I can't find it on Play Store.

It's quite a way down because it's only just come out. Here's the link to it in the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.forevergamingcoukforum

It takes some time before a post is registered in the app? Hence my double post.
It didn't show on there until I posted another. 

Strange, mine show immediately. If anyone else has issues like this let me know. Try the dark theme. Looks pretty decent instead of the red.

I'll start looking into the extra elements I need for Apple this week. May need some support from iphone users but I'll let you know.