Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

phil bottle

I know that it's a persona, but to play with 3 huge streamers and have that happen is kind of fucked up. I saw the video of the incident. However, if this is a permanent ban PU needs to chill out a little bit- perma ban for one team kill is insane. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

They should probably just remove TKing altogether and get rid of that headache for players and their report feature.  Having to sift through thousands of reports of this is not really viable and the hassle of users being killed deliberately for no reason just harms the experience for those who just want to squad up but can concoct a team at that time. 

That exchange from Dr. Disrespect and PlayerUnknown prompted PU to write a long twitter response as it hit an underlying emotional point:

A short note about what happened between myself & @DrDisrespect earlier today...

So today I created a little bit of a shitstorm on Twitter. 

Before I begin, I have to say that I do enjoy the character Guy has created with DrDisrespect. Hell, I am even part of the Slick Daddy Club! I understand that he likes to talk shit, and I was right there with him until that one tweet.

I was told that I should have taken The Docs threat of violence as a joke. So now I will try explaining why I took this tweet seriously and tweeted out the response I did.

Story time!

When I was in college, many years ago, I had a disagreement with my flat mate. Instead of talking it out like men, he decided to get aggressive and while I was backing away from him, he kicked me in the chest and put my head through a plate glass door. Thankfully, I don’t suffer from any ill effects due to this experience. 

The point of that story is to attempt to explain why I think even the threat of violence is not something that should be joked about. Given my experience in college, and the fact that The Doc’s threat, even as a joke, synced up closely to a bad experience I endured, it could have brought up bad memories, triggered a panic attack or had other consequences The Doc might not have intended when composing the tweet.

All I ask from anyone that reads this is to consider that your words, however flippant they may be, could have unintended effects on those reading them.

PU

Tldr - You can be a cunt up to a point. Just appreciate what shit people may go through before throwing a proverbial cuntball to them.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Sorry, but what a fucking pussy that guy is.    I'm calling total bullshit. It's the internet, it's not someone you live with who is directly threatening you with violence.  You can't draw any comparisons with that and claim it might bring about panic attacks.  No, you are a pussy, end of story.

15 hours ago, McNasty said:

Sorry, but what a fucking pussy that guy is.    I'm calling total bullshit. It's the internet, it's not someone you live with who is directly threatening you with violence.  You can't draw any comparisons with that and claim it might bring about panic attacks.  No, you are a pussy, end of story.

So I honestly agree with you on this. Unfortunately you have to keep your personal life, or bad childhood out of the way when you are running a potential cult hit of a video game. This was an un-needed story/ move that shouldn't have been shared. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Yep, pretty weak.

Smacks of someone taking something badly and then realising they've over reacted and tried to limit the damage.

Stick to making the game better dude[emoji5]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Latest update has gone live today. 5gb worth.

Haven't been playing a massive amount as it's still too laggy in some matches. Hope that improves as I'm looking forward to 1st person only mode.

Here's the full list of patch notes:

Server Optimisation

Optimised fences, doors, and windows.

Optimised vehicle physics.

Client Optimisation.

Optimised memory usage for world objects.

Optimised terrain rendering.

Optimised vehicle physics.

Optimised User Interface.

New Items

Added new weapon Mk14 EBR. Mk14 EBR is a Designated Marksman Rifle that can only be obtained from Care Packages. This weapon is chambered for 7.62mm and sniper rifle attachments.

Character

Added two new face presets and hairstyles to character customisation for both genders.

Gameplay

Added first-person server options to NA and EU Solo and Duo game-modes.

Players who choose first-person mode will be matched together.

Character view is set to third-person mode in starting airplane and during free fall from the airplane. This will be set to first-person only in a future update.

Camera will stay still while looting items to prevent dizziness.

Added a new feature to report players.

Some people killed knocked-out teammates in order to avoid giving kill count to an opponent who knocked them down. Now the kill count will still go to the opponent in this specific case.

Added new animation when using different consumables.

Improved camera transition when disabling Free look feature (Alt Key).

Decreased the reload time of VSS.

Players may now re-enter games if they have been disconnected mid-game.

You may now play with Xbox controllers, and we will continue to make improvements with Xbox controllers.

Sound volume difference from inside and outside of building is more obvious.

Added new sound effect while scoping or aiming weapon.

Added new effects when a character is running or sprinting over different types of surfaces.

Improved character animation without any weapon or with melee weapon.

Added slight delay when using the drag-and-drop feature on items in inventory UI. We implemented this delay to provide a fair gameplay environment to all players.

Improved post-process effect when a character takes damage outside of the blue circle.

Items and Vehicles

Added a lower rail attachment slot to SKS.

You may now honk a car horn when sitting in the driver's seat with Left Mouse Click.

Decreased the chance of vehicle explosion after the vehicle gets stuck in objects.

Vehicle driving sound will change slightly in FPP and TPP modes.

Added new sound effects for motorcycle tire screech while driving.

Eliminated firing delay of S1897 from pump action after reload.

Improved effects of boats.

Added spark effect to flat tires.

Reduced cast time of First Aid Kit / Painkiller to 6 seconds.

Reduced cast time of Med Kit / Adrenaline Syringe to 8 seconds.

UI

Added more features and hot keys to the Options Menu.

Added new option for V-Sync.

You may now designate a maximum of two different keys for each key bind.

Added new option to set toggle on certain actions and features.

You may now use Mouse wheel up/down as one of your key binds.

Added new keybinds, such as all mute (Ctrl+M) and switching Voice Channel (Ctrl+Y), and a new option to adjust the volume of voice chat.

Added new keybinds to use specific throwables.

Added Colourblind Mode.

Added an FOV slider for first-person view.

Added some region names to the mini map.

Added new option to display helmet, vest, and backpack equipped on HUD UI. This HUD UI will be updated further in the future.

Added new option to display all equipped weapons on the right side of the screen. This UI will be updated further in the future.

Bug fixes

Partially fixed client crash issues.

Fixed an issue of weapons sporadically ceasing to fire despite being set to auto firing mode.

You may not use consumables in vehicles underwater.

Fixed bugs below while spectating another character.

A character appeared to be shaking when the character moves around.

Camera swing when a character scopes while walking.

Camera swing when a character peeks left or right while scoping.

A character appeared to be shaking when the player moves his mouse while scoping in Prone.

Characters farther than 500m away from a vehicle will no longer hear the tire screech sound.

Fixed post-process bug underwater in FPP mode.

Fixed an issue of the reloading sound getting played repetitively after dropping a weapon while reloading.

Fixed the probability of getting rainy weather to previous value.

Fixed a bug where a character could not equip attachment with full inventory.

Fixed a bug where weapons would continue to play looped reload animation even after canceling the reload.

Fixed a bug where a character could see through the other side of wall when scoping or crouching against certain walls.

Fixed a bug where a character sitting on objects inside of certain buildings could see through ceilings and walls.

Fixed sporadic issue of disabling in-game UI.

Eliminated bombing outside of Red Zone.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Download Fortnite.   It's basically a PUBG reskin.

I played a bit of Fortnite on PC. Could be a laugh with friends but it's no way near as intense as PUBG...and shooting at distance is lame. It's closer to H1Z1 in how it plays.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Fortnite looks a bit too cartoony for my liking. Does seem polished but I prefer the military backdrop of PUBG.

Currently just gone 9am in the UK and there's 1.46m in PUBG with 478k in DOTA 2 as the next best. Bear in mind that this is off-peak time in Europe too. Crazy figures. Considering this is a full price early access game that is quite demanding to run also; this could be heading as one of the biggest brands in gaming right now and it's not slowing down. 

On 04/10/2017 at 9:31 AM, Mikepjbell said:

Seems there's no sign of this coming out on the PS4 :(

That's not exactly how it seems. The developer is talking to Sony about the release on PS4 as with other platforms to get it across as many as they can.

This is coupled with the 'agreement' with Microsoft to bring this game exclusively to Xbox. Its never been confirmed as an exclusive even after months when it was confirmed Microsoft have offered their services to support the game development.

Behind the scenes there's a struggle gping on at Microsoft because they need more exclusives for the Xbox One X and they only have 1/2 titles which isn't enough. They are trying to push PUBG into an exclusive deal, which is still likely btw, but it might only mean its got it for 6 months before it features on PS4. Good news how I see it.

Regardless, Fortnite isn't that bad for a free game. It isn't anyway near perfect but its free and I've played it the last few days because of the game mode 'Battle Royale' alone.

It won't be long until this game mode is swept into AAA titles as they'd be missing a trick here.

Nearly 2 million concurrent playerson Steam now. Part of me thinks if I was the developer, I wouldn't be going exclusive with Microsoft. I think if they delay themselves further into the PS4 market then they'll lose out to Fortnite and other games that would have had the time to develop this game mode into their game.