Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

phil bottle

I added this to my wishlist as it looks decent and could probably grab and maintain a decent population. H1Z1 KOTK was riddled with problems and still is an unfinished mess and games like The Culling died. Even Ark Survival of the Fittest has struggled despite the main game being a huge success so we definitely need a solid battle royale experience and this could be the best we're going to get. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I added this to my wishlist as it looks decent and could probably grab and maintain a decent population. H1Z1 KOTK was riddled with problems and still is an unfinished mess and games like The Culling died. Even Ark Survival of the Fittest has struggled despite the main game being a huge success so we definitely need a solid battle royale experience and this could be the best we're going to get. 

I thought it was 3rd person only the first time I saw it and thought "meh H1Z1 clone ' but turns out I was wrong. I might try the beta before it expires but will see as I'm drowning games right now...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So yeah. I knocked off work at lunch time today expecting to find ME: Andromeda waiting for me when I arrived home.

Got home, no game. Checked online. Delivered to a neighbour. Checked the ones that are at home, no game. 

Checked Steam and saw that Battlegrounds was about to go live on Early Access.

8.97GB currently installing. £26.99

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

19 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

A lot of people have been uninstalling H1Z1 over this game. Granted I'm surprised people have stuck with H1Z1 in the first place after that game failed, developers taking the money and running, then splitting it into two separate games. 

A lot of folk (me included) have been playing H1Z1 the past couple of weeks.

Purely in preparation forBattlegrounds and as of today never to be played again

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Every time I have a round of this I have to go and take a break. For my nerves. Not since the early days of the DayZ mod have my hands shook as much playing a game.

There's 90 or so players at the start and I've made it to 4th place as my best result  so far. 

As soon as you die it's game over. You can jump straight into another game but I tend to go and have a 'lie down';)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 3/23/2017 at 8:38 PM, phil bottle said:

Game is a bit laggy but overall awesome. James, let's hook up for co-op!

Sorry Phil but I refunded it:lol:

Played a couple of matches and I was rubber-banding all over the place, the controls were clunky and unresponsive and I found the map a bit bland. Plus it nearly fried my GPU so I had to get rid and get my £27 notes back. Gutted but will look to purchase again when the game is more stable and optimised. This was too early access for me sadly! 

20 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Sorry Phil but I refunded it:lol:

Played a couple of matches and I was rubber-banding all over the place, the controls were clunky and unresponsive and I found the map a bit bland. Plus it nearly fried my GPU so I had to get rid and get my £27 notes back. Gutted but will look to purchase again when the game is more stable and optimised. This was too early access for me sadly! 

Twat, I need a partner to keep me company as I cower in a bedroom waiting for the circle to get smaller:lol:

Don't blame you though, it's been pretty stable for me apart from the occasional difficulty going through a doorway, that's when rubber banding is at it's most annoying:)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 3/28/2017 at 11:48 AM, phil bottle said:

Twat, I need a partner to keep me company as I cower in a bedroom waiting for the circle to get smaller:lol:

Don't blame you though, it's been pretty stable for me apart from the occasional difficulty going through a doorway, that's when rubber banding is at it's most annoying:)

:lol: Definitely will return and probably should have given it more of a chance but this is definitely a game that will remain popuar for a long time even well after it's finished. I will certainly keep my eye on the fourthcoming optimisation patches as that could see me return sooner than expected. 

I jumped onto this again last night, there's been a 4GB update and thought I'd just have one or two rounds.

A couple of mates  (one of them Aitchy who was on the forum briefly) who I used to play DayZ with joined me in a squad and we played a few hours in the end. This game is seiously addictive. It helps that you can get back in a new game really quickly after dying.

The game starts with 100 players in an aircraft flying over some islands and each player decides when to jump out and parachute to the ground.

When you land there's limited time to find weapons, ammo, armour, backpack, first aid etc before a circle appears on the map and a message saying if you're not in the circle you've 2 minutes to get yourself there. If you're outside the circle you lose health rapidly.

Over the course if the round the circle contracts at various and more frequent stages until there's a tiny area in the map with half a dozen players left shooting it out until there's a winner.

There are vehicles, land and sea which are pretty easy to drive.

Best weapons to find are a shotty when looting houses in towns snd villages and an AKM with a decent scope for longer range encounters.

I've only died so far from snipers in the latter stages of the round though we managed second place on one occasion last night.

Can play solo games, doubles games and squad games.

Game is clearly still in development. Still rubber banding on occasion but it still plays pretty well for me.

Heats up the GPU though :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 million units sold in 16 days. Early Access still as well. It looks really slick so I may need to watch some twitch streams.

Apparently the are getting on average c.90,000 concurrent users playing this across PC.

Via the FG App

On 4/11/2017 at 8:44 AM, tronic44 said:

This looks like such a fun game, did I hear you say it might come to ps4 Phil? 

Yep, they're working on it.... though I doubt they'll get 100 player servers....

Such a awesome game!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Patch update via external website

Performance improvements and new items have arrived in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds with today’s launch of the first monthly big patch.

Lucky scavengers might get to ride in a motorbike with a sidecar, gun down fellow survivors with the new Vector SMG (that fancy anime-lookin’ gun), and hopefully spend less time grumbling about framerates.

Some players are reporting worse performance and more server problems since today’s patch, mind. Tch! Early access, eh?

Many of the performance improvements in this patch focus on minimum-spec PCs but some are more wide-reaching. As for new toys, the patch brought the Vector SMG, a motorbike with a sidecar (solo motorbike to follow later), a new scope, a new mask, and new colours for the cute Dacia car. The crossbow returns too, after being removed three weeks ago.

Brendan ‘PlayerUnknown’ Greene said in this week’s patch notes:

“This patch will the first of many to address performance, fix bugs and add new content to the game. I must stress that we will not be able to fix all performance issues with a single patch. For this patch, we focused on stabilizing performance for all users, trying to ensure there would be less FPS drops, and improve performance for those with lower spec systems. Optimizing the game will take us time, and will continue all through early access, so please have patience while we work to improve the game experience for all players.”

Battlegrounds patching plans are for big monthly, smaller weekly, and occasional daily patches

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Bought the game again and I've had some degree of fun but fuck me the EU servers are total and utter dogshit! Typcially just when I'm doing well or having a blinder; the server crashes or I get screwed over by some bullshit circumstance. I was on a 5 kill streak and cruising and the server just crashed and I didn't even get any points or stats saved for that which was bloody frustrating. 

Best and most shocking tip is to actually play on NA servers - I gave this a try yesterday as it couldn't get much worse with all the issues on the EU ones and to my surprise, the match was flawless with no rubberbanding, no lag, great hit detection and an improved FPS. I hope this wasn't an isolated bit of good fortune as I'd very much like to continue playing on these again with consistent quality. Also made a welcome change not having some screaming French or German user talking shite down the mic before the drop!  

I put a whole 10 round clip from my SKS into another players face in my last round and he still managed to hide behind a tree.
That was annoying as hell but that's the only time I've had any real issue. Mind you I've only played 7 hours or so.
I agree about the voice chat, some serious idiocy during that plane flight [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Theyve confirmed they are looking into porting the game to consoles, potentially Xbox One first but both are in question. No timeframe but this is really good news still. The concept of the Battle Royale should absolutely work for the console world.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Theyve confirmed they are looking into porting the game to consoles, potentially Xbox One first but both are in question. No timeframe but this is really good news still. The concept of the Battle Royale should absolutely work for the console world.

Sweet, that's wicked news as long as the console can support the whole game.

@everyone What does it run like on PC, i remember asking Phil but can't remember what he said?

3 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Sweet, that's wicked news as long as the console can support the whole game.

@everyone What does it run like on PC, i remember asking Phil but can't remember what he said?

The game is in a pretty terrible state right now and it'll take a miracle for it to be out of early access in 6 months as planned on PC. It's playable and fun though but needs an outrageous amount of work before a console version can even be started. Both DayZ and H1Z1 were confirmed on console and they never materialised and this could be a similar situation I fear. Not the sort of game that works well with a controller either.

As long as the devs remain dedicated though; it should be a great game down the line with a constant six-figure player count but the priority has to be getting the PC version to market complete before anything else can be considered.