Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

phil bottle

I imagine there'll be more to come too.

Plus....

If it's anything like DayZ, once it goes full launch, the files will be open to modding and we'll get all sorts of things being created for it, including maps.
DayZ started off in Chernarus but some of my favourite maps were mods like Taviana and Namalsk.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 11/11/2017 at 10:44 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I thought the 2nd one had been deployed but obviously not. This type of game mode would signficantly benefit from more maps sooner rather than later. It can make such a difference as playing Fortnite can get a little stale when you get to know the map very well.

Fortnites map is quite bland and tiny whereas the one in PUBG has so much detail, scale and places to learn. No match is ever the same and the map never feels stale. I think one map a year for a game like PUBG would be appropriate and that gives the developers time to craft something in detail that is balanced and enjoyable to play. As long as the terrains are varied; the maps could offer a good mix especially if the cosmetic clothing becomes more of a tactical factor. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Fortnites map is quite bland and tiny whereas the one in PUBG has so much detail, scale and places to learn. No match is ever the same and the map never feels stale. I think one map a year for a game like PUBG would be appropriate and that gives the developers time to craft something in detail that is balanced and enjoyable to play. As long as the terrains are varied; the maps could offer a good mix especially if the cosmetic clothing becomes more of a tactical factor. 

Did you watch the Alienware Curse series? Assault rifle spawns double and cosmetic clothing turned off. It made for a much better competitive experience as you most likely wouldn't get screwed with loot. I do feel like the game is an awful spectator esport.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

22 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

Did you watch the Alienware Curse series? Assault rifle spawns double and cosmetic clothing turned off. It made for a much better competitive experience as you most likely wouldn't get screwed with loot. I do feel like the game is an awful spectator esport.

I didn't but that would have been interesting to see. I only watch PUBG highlights mostly from DrD as I don't think I could tolerate watching an entire match - I'd either watch something else or actually play PUBG instead! 

While I previously stated PUBG would run at higher FPS at XGP launch on 12/12, I want to clarify that PUBG will run at 30 FPS across all @Xbox One devices. We’re constantly refining the game & exploring options to increase FPS, but this early in dev, we’re unable to confirm more.

That is hilarious! That much money to run the game on 30 FPS. Are you shitting me? I hope no one gets baited by the XB1X.

While I previously stated PUBG would run at higher FPS at XGP launch on 12/12, I want to clarify that PUBG will run at 30 FPS across all @Xbox One devices. We’re constantly refining the game & exploring options to increase FPS, but this early in dev, we’re unable to confirm more.

DayZ is being made for Xbox too, good luck with that lol, just can't see it.

These games on consoles are pointless, PUBG? Will it add aim assist for controllers? lol oh fucking lol

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

DayZ is being made for Xbox too, good luck with that lol, just can't see it.

These games on consoles are pointless, PUBG? Will it add aim assist for controllers? lol oh fucking lol

I can imagine the gas rendering is really going to beat these machines up. No shade on the comment I just know that these games are kind of optimized poorly for most PCs, let alone console. 

I can imagine the gas rendering is really going to beat these machines up. No shade on the comment I just know that these games are kind of optimized poorly for most PCs, let alone console. 
Yep totally agree

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

That is hilarious! That much money to run the game on 30 FPS. Are you shitting me? I hope no one gets baited by the XB1X.

I LOL'd when I saw that the Xbox One X's centerpiece game was Minecraft. I could probably build a PC out of spare parts and my washing machine and still get 31fps on PUBG. I would love to hear someones justification for buying an XB1X. 

PC version has had an update, much needed. I had my first game the other day for months, came fourth, undone by lag. That and the rubber banding need to be sorted out, so I hope this patch is on the right path.

Players,
Today, we are going to deploy a patch and the live servers will be under maintenance for two hours. 

Before we dive into the patch notes, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the intermittent lag and character position readjustment issues our players are experiencing during matches. Creating a smooth playing environment to allow our players to fully enjoy Battle Royale was one of our top priorities for PC 1.0 launch. However, a multitude of causes have triggered the in-game lag issue to become worse or happen more frequently in the last few weeks. In the process, we were not able to implement the measures to visibly address the issue more quickly. 

Contrary to most expectations, there is a combination of causes that lead to the in-game lag and character position readjustment issues. The issues cannot be attributed to one or two causes and have stemmed from a combination of different factors which is why we need to continuously work on resolving and investigating the problem. We upgraded our game engine to the latest version and made changes to the game when we added new content. The problem resulted from these changes as well as several other causes. 

In this patch, we have removed some inefficiencies in server infrastructure and optimized in-game servers to alleviate the problem. More specifically, we made adjustments to reduce the bottleneck during the game server launch phase and also resolved some server hitch issues. 

Resolving the intermittent lag and character position readjustment issues are still one of our top priorities, and we are continuing to work on analyzing and fixing any remaining issues every day. After today’s update, we will be running some internal tests and deploying more updates to gradually mitigate the problem. We are currently examining several measures including server optimization and server logic modification to address the multitude of causes. On top of this, we will continue our efforts to further investigate remaining causes. 

We will keep you updated on our progress going forward. We would like to apologize again for the inconvenience and we will continue to do our best to resolve the issues. 

Please find the notes for the today’s patch below.

World
  • Changed the map selection ratio to be equal for Erangel and Miramar.

Replays
  • Adjusted replay system so that players can only view game replays from 3 minutes after death. 
    • This is to prevent sharing opponent’s positions to surviving teammates immediately after death.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed the issue where some buildings and objects were not marked on the Miramar world map. 
  • Reduced occurrences of the issue where replays occasionally crashed back to the lobby screen.
    • On restarting a replay, it will continue where last viewed.
  • Fixed the issue where the beginning of the Death Cam and replay was missing. 
  • Fixed the issue where players couldn’t earn BP. 
    • We will update with a compensation plan soon.
  • Fixed the issue where players could die unexpectedly from fall damage. 
  • Fixed the issue where bullets couldn’t penetrate particular fences from both sides.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg