Low cost PC build

crispymorgan

As a nice bonus, I scraped an old windows 7 key off a PC I had collecting dust in the corner using Produkey.  GENUINE windows 10 bitches.

2312268779.jpg

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Managed to get my 1TB drive in and formatted.  Downloaded ALL THE GAMES, including rainbow six.  Ridonculous fps on a 144hz monitor = WOW.  I was flicking between this and Destiny on the PS4 :(.  Don't get me wrong, I love that the PS4 makes games so accessible, but damn the PC is smooth.  #destinyPS4life

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Managed to get my 1TB drive in and formatted.  Downloaded ALL THE GAMES, including rainbow six.  Ridonculous fps on a 144hz monitor = WOW.  I was flicking between this and Destiny on the PS4 [emoji20].  Don't get me wrong, I love that the PS4 makes games so accessible, but damn the PC is smooth.  #destinyPS4life

If you downloaded Arma 3 make sure you get the A3 launcher and install mods.
You'll want mods for Exile, Life, Wasteland, King of the Hill etc and some of them are 2 or 3gb in size.
When you're ready to look at Arma let me know and I'll buddy you.

Plus DayZ. You gotta try it out man.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, crispymorgan said:

I may get the 480. Found a discounted one. Free sync monitors are cheaper.

Wait, did you get a PC?

Have you got the part picker you used @crispymorgan? If I start looking into this I want to be as tight as your arsehole.

Also, do I need to get a proper PC monitor, how different will it be to a regular TV?

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Have you got the part picker you used @crispymorgan? If I start looking into this I want to be as tight as your arsehole.

Also, do I need to get a proper PC monitor, how different will it be to a regular TV?

Lee, wake the fuck up and read this properly:

First off, no, you don't need a monitor. A telly will do, but it'll be slightly fuzzy. This won't really matter much in games, but you'll definitely notice it on the desktop as the icons will be a bit blurry. Secondly, you'll probably have a bit of input lag. This is the time between you moving your mouse and the cursor on the screen actually moving. In movies and TV shows and stuff, this doesn't matter but in gaming you'll notice it. HOWEVER! This won't be an issue until you're playing competitive games on a reasonable level. For the level of gaming we play, you should be fine. Also, most tellies have a "gaming mode" which effectively turns off all the fancy schmancy image effects and pumps out the image as quick as it can. This doesn't eliminate input lag, but reduces it significantly. 

Secondly, the pc part picker he used is called.... wait for it... PC PART PICKER! You can spend hours on that fiddling, tweaking, etc. It'll show you the current prices for most hardware components at various retailers, but it still helps to shop around yourself and see if you can bag deals. Even if the price is the same, some places will chuck in a free game or whatever. Also, ALWAYS check Topcashback and Quidco. 

Another site which is excellent is logical increments which gives you a rough idea of how certain components compare to others. If however you just want to compare performance between two graphics cards or CPUs, then use GPUBoss or CPUBoss. CPUBenchmark is also pretty handy. Keep in mind however that although one game might get 200FPS on your system, the next game might only manage 30. This is due to the load, the way games are coded, how much is going on at once and how well the game is optimized.

Lemme know if you need anything else :)

banlol.png

3 hours ago, Diddums said:

Lee, wake the fuck up and read this properly:

First off, no, you don't need a monitor. A telly will do, but it'll be slightly fuzzy. This won't really matter much in games, but you'll definitely notice it on the desktop as the icons will be a bit blurry. Secondly, you'll probably have a bit of input lag. This is the time between you moving your mouse and the cursor on the screen actually moving. In movies and TV shows and stuff, this doesn't matter but in gaming you'll notice it. HOWEVER! This won't be an issue until you're playing competitive games on a reasonable level. For the level of gaming we play, you should be fine. Also, most tellies have a "gaming mode" which effectively turns off all the fancy schmancy image effects and pumps out the image as quick as it can. This doesn't eliminate input lag, but reduces it significantly. 

Secondly, the pc part picker he used is called.... wait for it... PC PART PICKER! You can spend hours on that fiddling, tweaking, etc. It'll show you the current prices for most hardware components at various retailers, but it still helps to shop around yourself and see if you can bag deals. Even if the price is the same, some places will chuck in a free game or whatever. Also, ALWAYS check Topcashback and Quidco. 

Another site which is excellent is logical increments which gives you a rough idea of how certain components compare to others. If however you just want to compare performance between two graphics cards or CPUs, then use GPUBoss or CPUBoss. CPUBenchmark is also pretty handy. Keep in mind however that although one game might get 200FPS on your system, the next game might only manage 30. This is due to the load, the way games are coded, how much is going on at once and how well the game is optimized.

Lemme know if you need anything else :)

3 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

reddit.com/r/buildmeapc will do all the work for you if you want them to. Give them a budget, the types of games you play and boom. My build was done by comparing different prebuilts they have stickied. 

Cheers both. Thats a great help to know Didds, I didn't think the TV would matter at all especially at my level of gaming :D 

I'll take a look at both, I don't tend to ever use reddit if i'm honest though as I get lost a lot. What's annoying I used to know a bit about PCs but forgotten most of it over the years so need a part dummies guide. It's coming back slowly though. If you can show me the right basic build to start with on there that'd be grand.

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Cheers both. Thats a great help to know Didds, I didn't think the TV would matter at all especially at my level of gaming :D 

I'll take a look at both, I don't tend to ever use reddit if i'm honest though as I get lost a lot. What's annoying I used to know a bit about PCs but forgotten most of it over the years so need a part dummies guide. It's coming back slowly though. If you can show me the right basic build to start with on there that'd be grand.

give me a price in GBP that's yours budget.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

1 minute ago, The3rdWalker said:

give me a price in GBP that's yours budget.

£500-£600 max but no monitor required. Money isn't in the best shape right now.

I know you said about what sort of case you're after but do you have any size limits for the case?

Initially it would be great if it was the size of an xbox 360.