Low cost PC build

crispymorgan

Put simply freesync stops the monitor refreshing mid GPU refresh.  It stops screen tearing.  Its a bit like the old Vsync option on graphics that locks the refresh to the monitor. 

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

Good spot, I know fuck all about AMD except that in forums it;s always those boys who seem to have optimisation problems.

Nvidia all the way for me and the 1060 is a good card, in fact probably clocks faster than my 770.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Not a chance on the i3, as it struggles to handle the newest photoshop let alone video gaming. I honestly think your original CPU and and the 480 may be your best bet if we are worried on budget.

I5/1060 or your original setup with the pentium and 480.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Benchmarks aren't the whole story but a quick Google suggest the G4600 originally suggested and the i3 6100 on Scan come out about the same in terms of performance.  G4600 though is cheaper so has a much better performance per £.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Just ordered a 1050ti.  I had £20 vouchers, and it had dropped to £119, so payed £99.  Going to build a nice budget system using G4560 Pentium, which should be plenty for rocket league/CS/overwatch/Seige.

22 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Just ordered a 1050ti.  I had £20 vouchers, and it had dropped to £119, so payed £99.  Going to build a nice budget system using G4560 Pentium, which should be plenty for rocket league/CS/overwatch/Seige.

You missed 7 Days to Die off that list 😉

I have this extra RAM laying around if anyone needs or wants it for their build! it was never used and its just sitting in my desk. 

Its 2 4GB DDR3 1866MHz 240 pin sticks of Fury (red) HyperX, normally goes for around $70 I believe.

Ill add a link to a picture i took of it

I'm not sure what else to do with it so hopefully someone here needs it!

Edit: its free btw I just want someone to use it lol

Edit.v2: 

8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-19200 (2400), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 14-16-16-31, XMP 2.0, 1.2V

Thermaltake Versa H15 Micro ATX Gaming Case, micro-ATX, Windowed, USB 3.0, 120mm Fan, Black

450W Corsair VS450, Refurbished, 80 PLUS White, Fully Wired, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 34A +12V, 1x120mm Fan, ATX PSU

Intel Pentium G4560, S 1151, Kaby Lake, Dual Core, 4 Thread, 3.5GHz, 3MB Cache, 1050MHz GPU, 54W, CPU, Box

TO: Gigabyte B250M-D3H, Intel B250, S 1151, DDR4, SATAe, M.2 (PCIe/SATA), 2-Way CrossFire, GbE, USB

£242.94

All ordered.  Just need to sort SSD and HArd disk out.

I've paid over the odds for some stuff (most notably the RAM) because I want this unit up and working in the next 2 weeks.  I need to redeem my free copy of Rocket league by using the graphics card.  I'm still debating buying a new SSD to replace the 64Gb one I currently have as I'm pretty sure it'll just be a pain in the ass moving files later.

I've paid over the odds for some stuff (most notably the RAM) because I want this unit up and working in the next 2 weeks.  I need to redeem my free copy of Rocket league by using the graphics card.  I'm still debating buying a new SSD to replace the 64Gb one I currently have as I'm pretty sure it'll just be a pain in the ass moving files later.

The good thing about most SSDs is that they usually have the software set up to transfer files automatically...at least with most of the manufacturers anyway...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1a9c9dca482001d41d38cb96728282f5.jpg

So the Pentium delivery date kept getting pushed back, so I upgraded to i3. Managed to save on the motherboard that was on our to offset the cost. Bought a 120gb ssd. Would have liked to have got 240, but I bought a g-sync monitor. Crazy discount on that thing so couldn't refuse.

Via the FG App

10 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

it is done.

Well done mate.

Now, leave it to collect some dust whilst you play PS4 with the rest of us :D

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb