Dissidia Final Fantasy

It's been a long time coming and still no confirmed release for ps4, however the Producer of the current Japanese arcade game has mentioned that it is being 'prepared'. I think they may increase the hype after the focus comes off the FF7 remake. Translation of his quote is below:

A recent Famitsu interview, producer Ichirou Hazama talks casually about "the console version" like it's common knowledge.

"Many users are expecting a story for the console version, which we are of course preparing," Hazama told the aforementioned publication, as translated by Gematsu. He continues: "However, the focus of the game is battles and that has not changed. We will further enhance other elements as well, which will take a little bit more time." The game's getting a story mode similar to its predecessors, then, which is good to hear. Hazama goes on to say that the console version will be discussed in more detail at a later date.

It's now officially on its way. Confirmed for early 2018. It will have the Final Fantasy characters across most versions in a 3v3 fighting game. Anything that brings together characters spanning over different games tends to be a win in my book.

The fighting aspect of it concerns me, but I will most likely end up getting it

Are you getting the remake of 12 when it comes out in September? (I think its september)

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

3 hours ago, Sennex said:

The fighting aspect of it concerns me, but I will most likely end up getting it

Are you getting the remake of 12 when it comes out in September? (I think its september)

Not sure as I didn't play the original I didn't get hyped as much.

It looks incredible so I probably will but will tbh I know Destiny 2 will consume me.

On 08/06/2017 at 12:08 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

It's now officially on its way. Confirmed for early 2018. It will have the Final Fantasy characters across most versions in a 3v3 fighting game. Anything that brings together characters spanning over different games tends to be a win in my book.

The Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Open Beta is on the PS4 until 21st January. I only seen because @RLPK was on it. Worth a download before it finishes.

In comparison with the older games, it's a step back in some aspects, and a step forward in others.

The story is relatively lackluster if you preferred those of the first two games, as the game itself is focused on competitive 3v3 multiplayer.

That in itself is fine in my book.

I loved the previous campaign and enjoy this one.

There is also an arcade 'gauntlet' style mode.

The only multiplayer mode is ranked.

I am disappointed there's no 1v1 mode but that's no big deal.

Characters are based on classes (Assassin, Vanguard, Ranged, etc.) as opposed to having a vast amount of moves for each.

It's easy to get into, but hard to master completely.

As a fan of the previous, I really enjoy this but there are a few drawbacks as stated.

If you have no past experience in the previous titles, I'd say it's a very accessible and enjoyable game.

On 3/21/2018 at 6:06 PM, RLPK said:

In comparison with the older games, it's a step back in some aspects, and a step forward in others.

The story is relatively lackluster if you preferred those of the first two games, as the game itself is focused on competitive 3v3 multiplayer.

That in itself is fine in my book.

I loved the previous campaign and enjoy this one.

There is also an arcade 'gauntlet' style mode.

The only multiplayer mode is ranked.

I am disappointed there's no 1v1 mode but that's no big deal.

Characters are based on classes (Assassin, Vanguard, Ranged, etc.) as opposed to having a vast amount of moves for each.

It's easy to get into, but hard to master completely.

As a fan of the previous, I really enjoy this but there are a few drawbacks as stated.

If you have no past experience in the previous titles, I'd say it's a very accessible and enjoyable game.

So does this mean that you must play with 2 other online players all the time?

On 3/22/2018 at 9:20 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

So does this mean that you must play with 2 other online players all the time?

With the exception of the story and arcade modes, yes.

On 08/04/2018 at 9:45 PM, RLPK said:

With the exception of the story and arcade modes, yes.

Ah okay, cheers. I'm glad there's at least a couple of modes where you can learn the game on your own.