Overwatch FG Updates

GazzaGarratt

54bd4e0abeaea7a52b6c3817778ce6bc.jpg

Be good to have a thread about how our game nights have been going.

We managed to get Stretch to Diamond (finally!) a few days ago and we seem to be levelling off a little. Roadhog is annoying the hell out of me when I play as DVa. Loving [mention=1456]TehMoe[/mention] Ana and [mention=1465]Greboth[/mention] Reinhardt games of late. Cheers guys. I'm currently floating around 2500.

I replied to this earlier but don't know what happened to my response.

I have given up on my SR this season, I don't think there is much of a come back after the other weekend and tanking so many points :( on the plus side I drag all your levels down :D I have had some good games as Reinhardt recently but I don't think there is a more marmite character to play.  If a match goes well he is fun to play but if going badly then he is so frustrating!

I feel your pain about DVa though, I tried her out post patch and she feels so weak now.  I understand why they needed to nerf her but I do wonder if they have gone too far, she is so easily counterned now by any character that can put out DPS that it felt like she is useless without a Reinhardt or Zarya providing shields.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Good few sessions recently which are hopefully all putting us towards a season high after the past few weekends of tanking. We're getting a really solid team together now and I'm looking forward to next season and how far we can push the rankings

On 16/02/2017 at 6:42 PM, Stretch616 said:

Good few sessions recently which are hopefully all putting us towards a season high after the past few weekends of tanking. We're getting a really solid team together now and I'm looking forward to next season and how far we can push the rankings

Pretty sure we went 10-1 over the whole night. Back over 2500 now and we may have a chance to get @Diddums @Greboth and @Findmartin maybe to the Plat line before the season ends?

Wow that is a good night.

It would be nice to hit plat before the end of the season but not sure it will happen.  I plan on giving it a good, some of it will probably be solo queue so depends so much on randoms.  Which means the other team will be reasonable and my team will all be billy no thumbs.

played some more ranking matches with charlie last night.  pushed a new season high of 2710.

Oddly we got a placement match against a mid 3000 diamond and none of the opposing team were placing.  pretty annoying really.

The next line up we were playing against some rock solid tactics and a tracer that was wrecking people.  I suspect they were 2nd accounts as they were barely eligible to play comp.  From 0-2 down we fought like crazy.  Got 63 eliminations and played out of my skin.  top job by charlie.

Wifes out tonight.  going to be a long one, lets get y'all to plat, I think diamond might be a bit of an ask for me. 

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

3 games 3 wins last night. We had a blast again, topped off with the last game I Dva'd the opposite side on our worst map (Ilios - Well) after their Zarya popped her ult. Killed them all, won 3-2.

Up to 2599. And Stretch still can't play with Rich.

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

3 games 3 wins last night. We had a blast again, topped off with the last game I Dva'd the opposite side on our worst map (Ilios - Well) after their Zarya popped her ult. Killed them all, won 3-2.

Up to 2599. And Stretch still can't play with Rich.

That's awesome dude. Well and truely into plat now. I hope we'll see this ult in the next pog hog episode???

What level is @tronic44 now then? He surely can't be lower than @Diddums?!!

19 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

That's awesome dude. Well and truely into plat now. I hope we'll see this ult in the next pog hog episode???

What level is @tronic44 now then? He surely can't be lower than @Diddums?!!

I think i'm just over 2000, gutted i'm so far behind :(

[emoji20]

You need to sort your Sky out.

Great games last night people. Awesome to see we had 9 on so split into two groups for a bit.

Looks like placement won't matter too much to your score as all of us that completed the 10 rounds were approx 100 under last years score.

I think as Moe suggested, it's probably because we've had that many games in competitive overall it doesn't change your initial score that much.

That being said, it was some intense games played, felt like we needed to be on point for every round.

@Findmartin W6 L3 D1

I believe @Greboth got the same but ended up equivalent to me below last seasons final score.

It's 'apparently' on how you personally play though.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@Findmartin W6 L3 D1

I believe @Greboth got the same but ended up equivalent to me below last seasons final score.

It's 'apparently' on how you personally play though.

Yup, same for me on the W/L/D.  There must be some other factors in play other than simply how you play.  I can accept that it looks at your previous rank as well as your placement matches but I don't get how that means we all placed lower.  Well now begins the grind through the whole of gold to see if I can hit plat.

1 minute ago, TehMoe said:

Got my last game in Solo, placed 2666 a bit of a pain but I can grind back to Diamond.

What did you end last season at? Did you see about around a 100 point drop like the rest of us?

Last night was mental, some serious solid games out there. I didn't quite finish off all my placement matches but came out with W4 D1 L1, which i didn't think was too shabby.

Hoping to get on later to finish off the last 4 games. I think the highest i've ever been is 2050, so i'm hoping for a massive improvement from that.

Was great to see so many of us on last night, great games all :)

I actually read that somewhere that the SR gained or lost isn't based on the average SR between the teams and yourself but weighted more to get you back to where you MMR (which is hidden). So if your MMR was 2500 but your SR was below that level it would actually give you more points to get you to equilibrium sooner. It kind of makes sense but only if the MMR algorithm is right otherwise it makes it night on impossible to break free of threshold of the MMR and your SR would always flit about the same point for the entire season