Should I get Ghosts or Battlefield 4?

L_C_Scipio

Assuming I can only get one at launch (which is true) what's my better option? I'm weighing objective reasons, such as:

-BF4 has a better pre order bonus (map pack vs bonus map)

-CoD has a shorter life cycle so it would be better to get it first (though for me it would last two years since there is no way on Earth that I'm ever getting another Treyarch CoD)

I know I had more but they're eluding me at the moment. Thoughts?

I doubt it tbh. CoD hasn't got a patch on Battlefield maps wise. The weapons are much more varied and diverse, team play is encouraged, there are different roles, vertical levels (ermagerd, this alone makes me spaff), and a few tanks and shit thrown in. 

Yep, BF4 all day long for me. Although I'll probably get Ghosts on the PS just to irritate Adam again.

banlol.png

Don't get me wrong, I want BF4 to be as awesome as I thought it would be before I played the beta. But these CoD-like kill times affect everything.

-Maps might be better, but you can die in half a second and it can take literally minutes to get back in the action. At least in CoD you're back in seconds.

I was so excited for this game and now I'm struggling for a good reason to get it.

I decided to go with Ghosts after seeing that BF4 is just CoD with vehicles, which IMO is really dumb. 64 player CoD doesn't sound very appealing either.

......... You saw battlefield as merely cod with vehicles........ What the actual fuck were you looking at man . Battlefield is far Superior

I doubt it tbh. CoD hasn't got a patch on Battlefield maps wise. The weapons are much more varied and diverse, team play is encouraged, there are different roles, vertical levels (ermagerd, this alone makes me spaff), and a few tanks and shit thrown in. 

Yep, BF4 all day long for me. Although I'll probably get Ghosts on the PS just to irritate Adam again.

you'll have to buy me a copy then dave

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

......... You saw battlefield as merely cod with vehicles........ What the actual fuck were you looking at man . Battlefield is far Superior

Based on my experience with the beta (which, arrogant as it sounds, is the only one that's important to me right now), kill times are much too low and gunfights are all about reflexes rather than skill. What I was "actually looking at" was the core gameplay, not the bells and whistles.

I fully plan on renting it and really hope the release version is as awesome as I hoped it would be. After the beta though, I'm not willing to actually buy it until I get proof that it's different.

You know what CoD and BF have in common? Guns. That's it. 

BF has squads, squad upgrades, tanks, choppers, jets, boats,, proper sniping, different classes, bigger maps, levolution, 64 player matches, I can go on and on. It encourages teamwork much more than CoD. It's a completely different game. 

I agree that the TTK was a bit low in the beta, but even then, I can live with that. 

banlol.png

You know what CoD and BF have in common? Guns. That's it.

BF has squads, squad upgrades, tanks, choppers, jets, boats,, proper sniping, different classes, bigger maps, levolution, 64 player matches, I can go on and on. It encourages teamwork much more than CoD. It's a completely different game.

I agree that the TTK was a bit low in the beta, but even then, I can live with that.

Plus they continually improve the game, if the community thinks the time to kill is to fast they will probably patch it.

Dice has been very diligent at patching their game.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Also there were a number of lag and lack of optimization issues with Beta which may be solved with the full release. You also get to play with a completely different community. I don't see too many 9 year olds with little girl voices playing battlefield.

The only reason to pick CoD is this community really. Most people here seem to prefer CoD over BF4 which is fine. 

I also think the Beta purposely looked like CoD in many ways just to attract that community. I'm sure EA would like to get a number of CoD players to change over to this game. 

I'm personally picking BF4 because of the lack of technical problems compared to CoD. It's been a real long time since a CoD are run properly for me. The BF3 beta was a lot worst technically that BF4. On release day none of those problems were present. Can't say the same for BO2 which took weeks to run for some people.