Escape from Tarkov

phil bottle

I was thinking of getting this game.

It's PC and is still in development. I've been watching it for a good while now.

Was going to post some info and videos of the alpha version.

Then I went to the website where they are selling the game.

The price it quotes for the game is incorrect. It advertises a price that when you go to pay suddenly remembers that there's tax to pay plus a payment fee.

In other words: it's £25 more than advertised.

I won't be buying it for that reason. A shame as it looks awesome. Even the WarZ wasn't that sneaky with its money grabbing. I sent them an email discussing things like integrity in gaming. Not expecting a reply. 

Anyways..just thought I'd  share ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

A whole slew of YouTuber's have now made vids on the progress of this game.

Funnily enough, the one with reputedly the least integrity - PSI Syndicate - was the only one to voice any doubts about this game. Funnily enough he also referred to the WarZ.

The developers haven't bothered to respond to my email yet either.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've kept my eyes on this game for over a year and it does seem promising but I'll probably remain on the fence until the reviews come in. It's one of these games which may not play as good as it looks or the concept suggests, plus long term trust in the devs and the possibility of endless microtransactions could be another major put-off for me. I don't think I'll get it unless it comes to Steam also just for the sake of a hassle free refund if the worst comes to the worst. 

Certainly looks better than shitty Survarium but very hard to tell if it's half decent even with all the gameplay I've watched. I saw FrankieonPC's video of this the other day and even he struggled to convey it so I'm just not sure right now. 

With the closed Beta almost ready to drop I finally bit the bullet and early accessed the game. I think they're taking the Michael a little bit with some of the packages and hidden charges so I went for the basic start up.

Once I get in I'll report back here on how it's going.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

11 hours ago, tronic44 said:

God damn it Phil, no more games! 😄

Don't worry, Phil told me they won't let you in the closed beta ;)

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

So, the closed beta is now upon us, they're releasing keys in batches depending on how long ago you pre-ordered so I expect I'll be on in the next few days. Here's the closed beta launch trailer. They've added a new location so my fellow noobs should have a chance to learn it along with the alpha players without being ambushed all the time. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've received my key for beta access so I'll be devoting my time to learning this game inside out, it has an offline mode where you can choose to have AI or not, which may be a good way to get used to the maps.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It’s safe to say that this game has kind of taken over my life since the beta dropped last week. The game is so tense and so brutal I can’t seem to stay away. It says a lot that I now use a few rounds of PUBG as a bit of light relief from Tarkov.

You have limited resources before dropping into a game and the decision whether to equip your character with a knife or a gun. If you die (and you will, a lot if you’re not a quick learner) you lose the equipment you’re carrying for ever. Some players will go in just carrying a knife as they no longer have any better weapons and hide themselves hoping to scavenge from dead bodies that haven’t been looted.

I started by deciding to try and learn the maps first before getting wrecked. I like the fact that I can go into the maps in offline mode to learn them. Offline mode allows you to control what time you enter the map and whether or not to include AI. Progress isn’t stored and items aren’t lost.

I’ve concentrated on two maps for now, Factory and Shoreline. Both very different, Factory is seriously mental, close combat. With AI and other human players all close together and the sound (which is epic) makes everyone seem really close to everyone else. Sometimes the human players team up and signal their intent with the Q and E wiggle but that’s not been my experience. Kill on sight so far. Shoreline is bigger much more open, and has been where most of my success have come. I enter that map with a pistol and leave with a shotgun or AK.

I’m building up my weapon store, have a bunch of shotties and AK47s from my conquests so far. Everything is uber realistic and you can take the weapons apart and add all sorts of builds and attachments.

I could go on about this game for ages but I think it’s kind of a niche experience. It’s for freaks like me who love to shit their pants as part of an enjoyable gaming experience. I love these kinds of games, I really do  I love the trembling fingers on the mouse and the rapidly beating heart and the joy each time I have managed to Escape from Tarkov with my life and bit of looty mcloot.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Nice Phil but we all know Minecraft is your one true love! :18_kissing_heart:
Ha Marina has taken me on a tour of one your gaffs, mr mole tunneler extraordinaire[emoji5] just wow

Tarkov is almost as awesome [emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

OK Escape From Tarkok update time.

In the next post I'll add a couple of the better youtube content on the game, whilch will have to suffice until I make my own one :)

For now, here's some interesting news:

We announce the final stage of the technical preparations for the Open Beta Testing of Escape from Tarkov. Starting December 28 we'll conduct load testing of game servers in order to adjust processing for a large number of new players at the start of the OBT in the beginning of 2018.

For this purpose, we have planned a New Year event, which will give free access to the game to a part of users who are registered on the official website of the project, but are not playing yet.

Within a week after the event launch, the game will be available for purchase with a 25% discount, which is effective for all types of transactions (purchases, package upgrades and gifts). 

Along with that, players who have joined the testing before the launch of Closed Beta (July 28, 2017), will also receive:

Two 7-day access keys and the opportunity to share them with friends during the week.

Also, we announce that forthcoming updates, which will be released before the end of the year, will include the full version of the Shoreline map, new weapons and items, as well as new features such as the new spawn and extraction system, dynamic weapon size change, helmet customization system and improved headwear slots, redesigned system of weapon mastering, dogtags and other features.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I may pick this up in the coming weeks. Game seems to be improving massively and has some amazing potential to be something unique. Loving the COD 4, S.T.A.L.K.E.R plus DayZ and PUBG vibe. The mechanics also seem pretty solid and the concept is pretty thrilling indeed. After playing Destiny 2 and COD WW2 recently; I really need a proper shooter that's challenging and not simplified shite. 

Is there an offline portion Phil or is it all server-based? 

There is an offline mode for all maps where you can play just against the AI. You can turn AI off too if you just want to learn the map.

I'll send you one of my 7 day pass keys when I get them so you can have a try out.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

50 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

There is an offline mode for all maps where you can play just against the AI. You can turn AI off too if you just want to learn the map.

I'll send you one of my 7 day pass keys when I get them so you can have a try out.

Glad to hear it Phil and thanks very much! 

Exciting week for me this week. A new patch drops on Thursday. 

This will (a) introduce a new map, Interstate, and (b) be the first iteration of the game on the 'new' engine. I believe it's a new version of Unity but I'll confirm that later. Oh yes, and (c) the lag spikes on the Shoreline map should be sorted. 

Fucking love this game. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 17/04/2018 at 6:18 PM, phil bottle said:

Exciting week for me this week. A new patch drops on Thursday. 

This will (a) introduce a new map, Interstate, and (b) be the first iteration of the game on the 'new' engine. I believe it's a new version of Unity but I'll confirm that later. Oh yes, and (c) the lag spikes on the Shoreline map should be sorted. 

Fucking love this game. 

How did the patch go Phil?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

How did the patch go Phil?

I've been in Tarkov heaven, and not because of getting killed.

The new map, Interchange, is massive. It has a massive out door area but in the middle is a massive shopping centre/mall. It's fucking huge. It will take a while to learn I think.

The game is running very smooth and they've made some little changes which I like.

I should really describe how Tarkov works.

There's currently 5 maps (there will be more) and they will all eventually link together.

At present, you choose which map to spawn in and you get dropped in at a random location. If you have a map (which you can buy from a trader before spawning) you get to choose which side of the map to spawn, but not the exact location.

Before spawning you have to decide what gear to bring with you. Important decision here, see if you die, you lose everything. You can purchase insurance but it's not always successful. The insurance involves a trader sending some of his boys to the map to locate your dead body and retrieve the gear. But if the guy who killed you took your gear, there will be nothing for them to find. Hardcore eh!

I always spawn with a weapon and a selection of first aid, bandages, splints, pain killers. They will ALL be needed.

Some guys just spawn in with a hatchet and hope to get geared up off other players. If you don't have a helmet a hatchet is a one hit kill to the head. I never let these guys get close enough, though they can be sneaky fucks and annoy some in the community.

Once you spawn you can double tap the O key to find out

(a) name of the location of the extract

(B) time left

Time depends on the map and when you spawned in. Can be an hour or as little as 30 minutes. You can extract when you want but after the time limit expires you are classed as MIA and can't extract.

During each raid the main aim is looting, killing and surviving. But there are also tasks or missions provided by the traders (there are 5 traders who sell different things in various currencies such as dollars, euros and Bitcoin). You see, in addition to levelling up your character and his skills and abilities, the traders also have levels. The stuff you can buy depends on your level with the trader. At level 1 it's pretty basic and if you want fancy scopes and mods for your weapons you need to rank up.

It's running really well considering the patch just dropped. I've been learning the new map mostly while playing 'offline' though I've played some online games on the other maps and taken a few scalps. A nice touch now is that when you kill another human player, you can collect the dogtag from his body which tells you his name and current level. The higher the level the better price you get for it at the traders.

Online I'm working on levelling up my sprinting endurance. Being able to run away is important. As I play solo I'm not really a match for 5 fully geared mates who've spawned together and have to hope to either pick them off with a sniper or just avoid them.

As well as having to contend with other players, there are also AI 'scavs' who will shoot you on sight and often patrol or camp the same spots.

You can play day or night time. It may be sunny, it may be rainy, it may be misty.

The sound effects are amazingly loud and I shit myself sometime just brushing past a bush. Decent headphones are essential.

Some of the maps are brief spells of quietly sneaking around, followed by non stop action, such as the Factory map, which is enclosed and claustrophobic.

Other maps are much bigger but have hot spots where the best loot is and where you will find trouble with humans and AI.

So yeah, Tarkov is the mutts nuts.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Patch 9 is due shortly, so the EFT developers have produced a new promo vid.

They've introduced a new leader for the Scavs, to make them even harder than they already were. This game, fucking hell. Love it.

They've put the Scav leader, Snaaar I think his name is, in the vid, ugly looking bastard, doing a snazzy reload of his TT pistol.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg